Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Thoughts on WC 2018 so far?

So, with everyone now having played their first group game, what are your thoughts so far? 

Personally, this has been my favourite since 2002. Most games have been decent, no goalless draws, penalties galore and a few early shocks along the way. 

Hopefully round 2 delivers the same! 

• Like 2

Spain are the side that have stood out the most so far, if they sort themselves out defensively they could do big things.

Enjoyed it quite alot so far, think it's because I'm not taking England hype too seriously and letting the whole show set the tone instead. Ive been getting very irritated with the amount of diving, simulation and weak refs not controlling their matches and not punishing diving, this World Cup has been the worst I've ever seen for players running into eachother and falling over.

Think there's more going on under the surface though and 1 or 2 of the big sides who choked in the first round of fixtures will turn it on, whether it be Germany, Argentina, Brazil, France or whoever I think most sides will be looking at this WC as a huuuuuuuuge opportunity now.

Edited by SpazticChicken

Just now, stripeyfox said:

Best make the most of this one because Qatar will be shite. I mean it's in bloody December for a start!

World cup + office christmas parties and the chance to ignore invites to Karen from accounts' for drinks and nibbles because Denmark are playing Paraguay. Not sure what's not to like?

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

World cup + office christmas parties and the chance to ignore invites to Karen from accounts' for drinks and nibbles because Denmark are playing Paraguay. Not sure what's not to like?

I don't go to office christmas party anymore. I have to work with the tossers, I don't want to go out drinking with them as well...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfc sheff said:

VAR is a joke. Besides that I think its been rather good

Why do you think Var is a joke?

I was against it personally, but I think a lot more correct decisions are being made. Couple of strange decisions, but a lot more correct ones.

Loving the World Cup though, Spain have been the most impressive from the favourites by a mile imo.

12 minutes ago, Mrfox452 said:

Why do you think Var is a joke?

I was against it personally, but I think a lot more correct decisions are being made. Couple of strange decisions, but a lot more correct ones.

Loving the World Cup though, Spain have been the most impressive from the favourites by a mile imo.

most of the penalty decisions have been far too harsh IMO