Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

James Maddison Confirmed

On 21/06/2018 at 08:55, Foxhateram said:

What is it with everyone wanting 'proven' quality. Has the past not proved to us that this policy doesn't work. We've had plenty of 'proven' players play for us over the years who have been awful. On the flip side of that, scouting, observing and quality coaching has given us; Mahrez, Vardy, Knocky (to some extent), Gray the list goes on. In fact none of our title winning team were 'proven' at this level. 

Young hungry talented players with a point to prove, that is what we need. Players who will work and cherish this club close to their hearts. Just like our title winning team did/ do. 

Absolutely agree with this and there's very little chance of us being able to attract,  thus far at Leicester, anyone of really proven top quality at the height of their career. Yet there are still unproven young gems out there as Foxhateram points out and, don't we all get a certain amount of satisfaction out of our club having discovered them? We've bought a few frogs but possibly Maddison is another prince at last, time will tell. Pre season optimism is slowly starting to return with these three signings. At my age you'd think I'd know better! But at least I can say I was right for one year. As the song says 'don't stop believin'!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/06/2018 at 15:51, FIF said:

Our new creator.

Now sign Ziyach for the wing spot, get a younger GK whose tall and comes out for crosses to challenge Kasper,  get all the whingers off the books and bring in some backups with the money and we're set for top 7. Am I mad?

No you are not but I’d go one further an established young tall keeper to potentially become our no1 for the next 10 years and sell Kasper to Liverpool 

40 minutes ago, Canaryvisit said:

Evening Guys and Girls,

The dust has kinda settled after the move and I'm starting to come to terms with us having to sell all of our best players to pay for Delia's little toy to continue, couldn't be more gutted for our team to be pulled apart but the move of Maddison is a strange feeling, as gutted as I am for our future chances in the championship I understand from the club point of view but also the player, this lad deserves a shot at the big time and him staying wouldn't be right for a lad of his talent, not just on the field but off it and lets be honest the money was far too good to turn down, Madders only really broke into the first team this season even though plenty more thought he deserved a chance during our frustrating near miss of the last campaign.

I've been a Norwich supporter for over 30 years and there aren't many more that have captured my attention like him, only maybe a young Bellamy or Hucks in his prime for pure talent, this lad really does have the lot. As you can see from the videos posted he has some great skills but this is just scratching the surface of what he can go on to, I've seen the recent video here but there is also another of his growing up that will show how early his talent shined and it's a shock he hasn't been in the England under 21's for years, one thing that always stood out from me with Madders is his skill to use his body without even touching the ball, I've never seen a player sit the opposition on their ass without even touching the ball just by his body movements, add that to his cutting edge pass, awesome finish from distance and dead ball skills that are as good as I've ever seen at Carrow road, you've got yourself one hell of a baller.

Next on to the lad himself, if you've got children this lad is what you want your kids to look to as a role model, the last to stay signing stuff for kids after games and the first to turn up at local hospitals or events when the players are asked, completely humble to his upbringing and what he's come from, he really does go the extra mile for the fans. A friend of mine lost his wife to cancer, she was a real super fan from Norwich attending over 900 consecutive games and after hearing of this he went out of his way to not only contact him to offer signed merchandise to auction for charity to help the cause but also wanting to meet him to hand it over in person to wish him all the best and sorting tickets so all the family could attend the game in her tribute, the lad can't do enough which is so refreshing in the current climate of football.

Im so glad he's decided to join a really good team with decent supporters that will back him and help his development so that he can continue his development rather than take maybe a few more quid and sit on the bench of a "big club". I wish yourselves and Madders all the best and look forward to watching him get his England call up before too long.

have a great season, Norwich fans will be watching ?

Time for another couple of g&t's

Welcome and thank you for the insight.  Good luck next season.  

1 hour ago, Canaryvisit said:

Evening Guys and Girls,

The dust has kinda settled after the move and I'm starting to come to terms with us having to sell all of our best players to pay for Delia's little toy to continue, couldn't be more gutted for our team to be pulled apart but the move of Maddison is a strange feeling, as gutted as I am for our future chances in the championship I understand from the club point of view but also the player, this lad deserves a shot at the big time and him staying wouldn't be right for a lad of his talent, not just on the field but off it and lets be honest the money was far too good to turn down, Madders only really broke into the first team this season even though plenty more thought he deserved a chance during our frustrating near miss of the last campaign.

I've been a Norwich supporter for over 30 years and there aren't many more that have captured my attention like him, only maybe a young Bellamy or Hucks in his prime for pure talent, this lad really does have the lot. As you can see from the videos posted he has some great skills but this is just scratching the surface of what he can go on to, I've seen the recent video here but there is also another of his growing up that will show how early his talent shined and it's a shock he hasn't been in the England under 21's for years, one thing that always stood out from me with Madders is his skill to use his body without even touching the ball, I've never seen a player sit the opposition on their ass without even touching the ball just by his body movements, add that to his cutting edge pass, awesome finish from distance and dead ball skills that are as good as I've ever seen at Carrow road, you've got yourself one hell of a baller.

Next on to the lad himself, if you've got children this lad is what you want your kids to look to as a role model, the last to stay signing stuff for kids after games and the first to turn up at local hospitals or events when the players are asked, completely humble to his upbringing and what he's come from, he really does go the extra mile for the fans. A friend of mine lost his wife to cancer, she was a real super fan from Norwich attending over 900 consecutive games and after hearing of this he went out of his way to not only contact him to offer signed merchandise to auction for charity to help the cause but also wanting to meet him to hand it over in person to wish him all the best and sorting tickets so all the family could attend the game in her tribute, the lad can't do enough which is so refreshing in the current climate of football.

Im so glad he's decided to join a really good team with decent supporters that will back him and help his development so that he can continue his development rather than take maybe a few more quid and sit on the bench of a "big club". I wish yourselves and Madders all the best and look forward to watching him get his England call up before too long.

have a great season, Norwich fans will be watching ?

Time for another couple of g&t's

More and more excited I am about this lad - when do we get to see him next.

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Work with two Villa fans among others and they said Maddison was a good player from what they had seen, much better than Grealish and that we had signed an exciting player.

This is a lie. No villa fan has ever said that about their Jack lol 

Edited by les-tah

Like others - excited by this signing. My only worry is that, as a goalscoring midfielder, he becomes 'Leicesterised' and totally loses that ability to score - like so many other goalscoring midfielders signed since I started supporting in the sixties (:blush:). Other concern is that he becomes 'Puelised' and loses the attacking bit of attacking- midfielder. Hope I'm proved wrong.

On 22/06/2018 at 19:46, FIF said:

Madderz is not a bad nickname but he'd fit in better here if he was Medderz. We'll surely just call him Madeh (being as mehdi is already taken).

We'll have no such thing, his nickname is Mad dog surely FFS!

And that's Mad Dawg for all the hippies out there.

?

• Haha 1

On 22/06/2018 at 17:34, TeePee said:

Oh, god no - I'm most definitely a city fan - just ended up seeing a lot of him in the pub with friends etc. 

It must make you feel really uncomfortable being the only one with ten digits. 

• Haha 1

Mahrez would of been even better if he had the likes of Maddison and Pereira around him, its a shame that they wont get to play together.

I just hope we buy someone nearly as good as mahrez because i dont think Diabate/Gray can step it up yet.

Edited by les-tah

https://www.premierleague.com/news/749108?sf192510516=1

Midfield all-rounder 

Despite limited previous experience at first-team level with Coventry City and a loan at Aberdeen, Maddison set the Championship alight in 2017/18.

He earned a place in the PFA Team of the Year after producing 14 goals and eight assists as a No 10.

Only two Championship players set up more chances per 90 minutes than Maddison did. He laid on 124 opportunities, the most in the division.

Riyad Mahrez, by comparison, was Leicester’s main creator but provided less than half of his new club-mate's total with 58.

Free-kick threat

Maddison’s accuracy from wide free-kicks and corners will be a huge asset to a Foxes side who scored 12 set-piece goals last term.

He created 44 chances from free-kicks and corners alone. The only player to supply more assists from dead balls was Barry Douglas, who will also be in the 2018/19 Premier League with Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Where will he play?

The two players who operated behind Jamie Vardy most often for Leicester last season were Shinji Okazaki and Kelechi Iheanacho.

Both men performed well on occasions, but neither is a prolific scorer or creator of goals.

They produced a total of nine goals between them and made a collective five assists. If Claude Puel picks Maddison, Leicester can increase their goal threat. He scored four of his 14 goals from outside the penalty area last season, including two direct free-kicks, and was a good finisher when bursting into the area from deep.

Maddison also takes penalties, scoring four last term.

Maddison in 2017/18 Championship
  Maddison League rank
Chances created 124 1
Fouls won 147 1
Free-kick goals 2 1=
Set-piece assists 6 2=
Shots 115 4
Dribbles completed 104 7
Pass accuracy 86% 18

Huge Potential

Young enough to develop his game over the course of his five-year contract, Maddison can help Leicester both in the present and the future.

They have certainly taken a chance on him, but based on his rapid progress to date, it looks to be a smart investment.

Maddison has the talent and potential to become a top Premier League performer for years to come.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Buce said:

Vardy could well hit 30 goals this season with this guy's service.

I think I'll take a look at what the bookies are offering on that.

You'll have to take into account the likely loss of the Mahrez assist -> Vardy goal combo which was the most common combo in the entire PL last season.

9 minutes ago, brucey said:

You'll have to take into account the likely loss of the Mahrez assist -> Vardy goal combo which was the most common combo in the entire PL last season.

That's probably most likely because Mahrez was our only real creative player though, rather than simply the understanding the two have together.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Beechey said:

That's probably most likely because Mahrez was our only real creative player though, rather than simply the understanding the two have together.

if we replace Mahrez with only one creative midfielder in Maddison then we will have the problem all over again.

The ideal situation is we replace Mahrez with another quality winger who has similar attributes and he will be able to play with Maddison..