Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sweden V England Quarter Final 7th July 15:00 KO

26 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yep. Haven't felt this level of anticipation since Italia '90

Not quite old enough to remember Italia '90 - Euro '96 was the first big tourney England were in that I really recall - but I know what you mean.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not quite old enough to remember Italia '90 - Euro '96 was the first big tourney England were in that I really recall - but I know what you mean.

That's the biggest shock of the tournament for me so far Mac.

I thought you were an old git like me!! lol

20 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Maybe.

The WC is a much bigger deal than the Euro's though. 

I agree here.

Being European champions is one thing, World cup winners is just so much bigger.

I really enjoyed 96 but the feeling I had during that semi final in 1990 has never come close to being topped with England.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Yeah but we were close to doing something in a tournament which is rare, and it was a home tournament.

We were close to doing something on both those occasions. World cup is just such a bigger deal.

Whilst having a home tournament is undoubtedly enjoyable and usually results in home teams over-performing, there's something that can't be beaten about seeing your national team in a far off land, battling unfamiliar conditions/weather/whatever to pull off a result.

That 1990 game in Turin had a far more devastating feeling at the final whistle for me than Wembley 1996, though neither was fun.

• Like 1

still not even particularly nervous which is outrageous, just pretty certain we’ll win. 

its so similar to our title run in. every game i was pretty sure we’d win until kick off and then the following 90 minutes were disgusting. 

bring it home you c nuts. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

still not even particularly nervous which is outrageous, just pretty certain we’ll win. 

its so similar to our title run in. every game i was pretty sure we’d win until kick off and then the following 90 minutes were disgusting. 

bring it home you c nuts. 

I'll bet Finnegan's fingers are suspended millimetres from his keyboard lol

Edited by Max Wall

3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

nah not bothered, same as the colombia game, i won’t feel any nerves until we inevitably take the lead and then sit back 

Fair play. 

I'm more of a wish my glass was half full kind of bloke. Usually because I've knocked it over and spilt it everywhere with a rash drunken move.

I'll find the match tense beyond belief right from the off I reckon. 

• Haha 1