Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Sweden V England Quarter Final 7th July 15:00 KO

15 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Glad that Ibrahimovic has retired from internationals, else Magure and co would've struggled against him imo.

When I think of Sweden, this guy automatically comes into my head..

image1.jpeg?w=620

Abba?

Ulrika?

Alicia Vikander?

Bjorn Borg?

• Haha 1

So, if England do win - we'll face either Croatia or Russia.

As Southgate says, one of the best opportunities in a very good while to proceed furthermore.

The penalty-shootout triumph surely should get tails wagging for sure.

Think the best approach to this is to be cautious and patient if they're going to be defensive, which appears likely from how they play, and use Vardy's et-al pace whenever there's dangerous space available imo.

genuinely fu cking scared now. 

same as with city, i couldn’t care (much) if england are shit or pretty good normally, i just like the matches with yer pals having a beer and a nice time, occasionally seeing and enjoying some great moments. 

but just like when we got to the home stretch of winning the league, this isn’t going to be enjoyable now until it’s over i don’t think. every convo is about it. every spare thought in the day is about it. it’s probably going to be our one chance possibly for another lifetime to do the impossible. 

i feel unwell. and the fact i’m in work on saturday is going to be unbearable. watching this without being 15 pints deep is going to be some experience. 

come the fu ck on. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, Sweden will definitely play with a flat pack four :P

This is the key....

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Keith Allen in a glam rock leotard singing vindaloo in a pub and crowd surfing. 

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

I'd be very tempted to go 4-2-3-1 tomorrow as Sweden is our toughest test yet, they're so we'll organised and we need to be more dynamic from open play. I don't see them being attacking enough to need a 5th defender but I suppose why risk a system that has got us to a quarter finals. I'd still do it as this squad is going all the way.

Pickford

Trippier

Maguire

Stones

Rose

Delph

Henderson

Rashford

Lingard

Sterling

Kane

I'd rest Alli again and see if he can be of use from the bench if needs be, Sterling in a front 3 with Trippier overlapping and unlocking space could reap more reward for him, I suppose you could have Dier in instead of Delph so that if things don't work we can change to 3-5-2 in game with no substitution needed and he could drop in with Maguire and Stones, I just prefer Delph as a midfielder as he's very underrated. 

• Like 1

Early goal for us would be great, open the game up a little and hopefully we'd be able to pick them off on the counter. Longer it stays 0-0 the more cautious we will probably get in fear of losing it. After having extra time and pens the other night we don't want to be going all the way again.

I doubt they'll be any changes, I think Southgate has got Trippier and Young into the team so we have someone who can take a dead ball, so I'd be surprised if Rose came in. I'd be tempted with Rashford because one of few players who can actually run at players and I think we might need that. Alli, Lingard and Sterling all like their little one-twos but don't take anybody on.

We'll win :fc:

9 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

genuinely fu cking scared now. 

same as with city, i couldn’t care (much) if england are shit or pretty good normally, i just like the matches with yer pals having a beer and a nice time, occasionally seeing and enjoying some great moments. 

but just like when we got to the home stretch of winning the league, this isn’t going to be enjoyable now until it’s over i don’t think. every convo is about it. every spare thought in the day is about it. it’s probably going to be our one chance possibly for another lifetime to do the impossible. 

i feel unwell. and the fact i’m in work on saturday is going to be unbearable. watching this without being 15 pints deep is going to be some experience. 

come the fu ck on. 

This

It isn't fun at all is it? Same, as you say, as the title run in. We can look back now and enjoy it but there was a lot of stress.

The way the draw has panned out has given a golden opportunity. Normally by now you'd be looking at all the big guns Italy, Holland, Brazil, Spain, Germany, Argentina, France etc and we'd be up against one of those and probably not expecting to win.

It's the hope that kills you....

hopefully we can get an early goal to make them come at us a bit more

hopefully we'll win 3-1

noticed alot of Welsh, Scots and Irish supporting Sweden............awww you have to feel for them, must be horrible seeing us doing well when they have average national teams

27 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

hopefully we can get an early goal to make them come at us a bit more

hopefully we'll win 3-1

noticed alot of Welsh, Scots and Irish supporting Sweden............awww you have to feel for them, must be horrible seeing us doing well when they have average national teams

Not at all, we know the more you get your hopes up, the funnier it's going to be when you go out whether it's now or the final. 

:sge:

• Haha 1