Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

Realistically if we wanted him we'd sign him over Brighton and that's a fact. I've not seen anyone or anything reputable mention him signing for us so seems a bit of a non-story. Good luck to him at Brighton, hope he works out better than our 20m+ signings for their sake.

There is a lot of elasticity on his ability, he could be really good or really poor.

I much prefer our other three signings in Evans, Maddison and Pereira which I believe we've signed top quality for us with minimised risk. I was always ambivalent about this signing as the Dutch league is littered with great successes and big failures from highly reputable players in that league.

I still feel we need one more top signing to play in one of the three positions behind Vardy.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Adam. said:

Realistically if we wanted him we'd sign him over Brighton and that's a fact. I've not seen anyone or anything reputable mention him signing for us so seems a bit of a non-story. Good luck to him at Brighton, hope he works out better than our 20m+ signings for their sake.

Our Dutch sources say both Brighton and Leicester made a bid around 23 / 25 million euro. AZ accepted and now its up to the player to decide. Now our sources say he is going to sign at Brighton. I dont think its about the money because a few years ago Alireza chose AZ over Brighton because he is carefully planning his career. Maybe the reason he might choose Brighton over Leicester is that he expects more playing time or he expects to develop his skills better overthere.

Still hoping he goes to Leicester but I dont expect it anymore.

Move on. Does anyone seriously think Rudkin's crew could sort out a Visa and International Registration with FIFA before this window closes?  BHAFC can, which is why he will be announced by them shortly.    Townsend will be announced for us shortly.  Razor blades at the ready..............:ph34r:

• Haha 1

Guest Markyblue

Not one thing links us to wanting him.if he comes people will say he's not good enough and if he goes Brighton people will make out it's a disaster. Welcome to ft.

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Not one thing links us to wanting him.if he comes people will say he's not good enough and if he goes Brighton people will make out it's a disaster. Welcome to ft.

I keep watching his videos and I'm yet to see anything particularly amazing. He seems to have a nice weight of pass, I'll give him that. A few cracking shots as well, but the defending and goalkeeping was dire. He had acres of space to get a cross in most of the time. I'd like to see how he can create himself space to make things happen, because premier league football isn't as forgiving and he won't get the time or space he had there.

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I keep watching his videos and I'm yet to see anything particularly amazing. He seems to have a nice weight of pass, I'll give him that. A few cracking shots as well, but the defending and goalkeeping was dire. He had acres of space to get a cross in most of the time. I'd like to see how he can create himself space to make things happen, because premier league football isn't as forgiving and he won't get the time or space he had there.

Is he better than what we already have !!

10 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

The million dollar question.

To be honest, we don't need a direct Mahrez replacement. The plan from Puel seems to have been to add creativity and goals in other areas around the pitch. Rather than just trying to find one man to re-create what Mahrez did. The far more sensible way of going about it IMO.

11 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Do Albrighton, Gray or Diabate have a record of double figures for goals and assists in their league for the past two seasons, and a World Cup under their belts - no. But, this is could be partly due to the poor standards in the Dutch league, obviously.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

The million dollar question.

To be honest, we don't need a direct Mahrez replacement. The plan from Puel seems to have been to add creativity and goals in other areas around the pitch. Rather than just trying to find one man to re-create what Mahrez did. The far more sensible way of going about it IMO.

This is true, but why can we not have both? Ie as good as a replacement as we can get, and added creativity in other areas ?