Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Alireza Jahanbakhsh - Brighton

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This is true, but why can we not have both? Ie as good as a replacement as we can get, and added creativity in other areas ?

Hallelujah. It mystified me as to why we weren't bringing in better technical players in other positions when we had Mahrez. I know we made half hearted efforts to get the likes of Sigurdsson but there seemed to be no real determination to have more attacking flair from midfield. We just assumed that signing more and more strikers would give us goals but didn't realise you need gifted attacking defenders and midfielders to supply it. Quite scandalous really.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

This is true, but why can we not have both? Ie as good as a replacement as we can get, and added creativity in other areas ?

I'm sure that's the aim and nobody has said otherwise.... but we aren't going to be able to buy another Mahrez in reality. So expecting someone to walk into his position and and fill the gap is the wrong way of looking at it.

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm sure that's the aim and nobody has said otherwise.... but we aren't going to be able to buy another Mahrez in reality. So expecting someone to walk into his position and and fill the gap is the wrong way of looking at it.

I don't care whether the replacement doesn't look like Mahrez, nor does he have that languid style or ridiculous first touch. However, there needs to be a player come in who can provide a good source of goals whether that score them or assist. There's no guarantee a player will come in and do that but the requirements of a wide player who can give us some much needed creativity who has a track record of goals and assists combined of around 20 a season isn't as difficult to find as trying to clone Riyad Mahrez for us.

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't care whether the replacement doesn't look like Mahrez, nor does he have that languid style or ridiculous first touch. However, there needs to be a player come in who can provide a good source of goals whether that score them or assist. There's no guarantee a player will come in and do that but the requirements of a wide player who can give us some much needed creativity who has a track record of goals and assists combined of around 20 a season isn't as difficult to find as trying to clone Riyad Mahrez for us.

We aren't going to get someone who contributes what he did in terms of goals and assists, if we do we've got very very lucky. So planning to increase the contribution from all over the pitch, rather than betting everything on getting in that one man who can, is the far more sensible route. Because it's a) highly unlikely we could do that and b) far better for the team to not rely so heavily on one player. 

You go out and get the best you can afford and can convince to come, but the way people talk you'd think they expect a Mahrez clone to walk in and pick up all the slack.

Edited by Babylon

23 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We aren't going to get someone who contributes what he did in terms of goals and assists, if we do we've got very very lucky. So planning to increase the contribution from all over the pitch, rather than betting everything on getting in that one man who can, is the far more sensible route. Because it's a) highly unlikely we could do that and b) far better for the team to not rely so heavily on one player. 

You go out and get the best you can afford and can convince to come, but the way people talk you'd think they expect a Mahrez clone to walk in and pick up all the slack.

Of course we aren't going to get a player who will contribute to 25-30 PL goals a season from midfield but the criteria for his replacement will need to be a player who has a track record of end product otherwise it's going to be a frustrating time when the incumbents on the left wing are devoid of end product by and large. Its painfully clear we needed to share out the load across the team in providing a source of creativity and Pereira and Maddison are proof that we're trying to do so. They are the only outfield signings that can do that though and unless we are looking for another central midfielder (Max Meyer) then the only other avenue is from out wide. I'd ideally like an improvement on the left as well as on the right but that's a long term desire and with a few weeks to go just another option out wide is the most important requirement. I'd actually not be horrified if it was someone like Andros Townsend, I am not desperate for a Mahrez clone but just a player who will cause problems to the opposition and make an impact.

Anyone from this list I'd be happy with:

Townsend, Thorgan Hazard, Antonio, Lookman, even bloody Knockaert.

Further afield I'd be delighted with someone like that Neres from Ajax or the geezer from Braga that we've been linked with a few times. There are plenty of creative players who can make an impact here, I hope we can get one in as our choice out wide is Championship level currently.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Townsend, Thorgan Hazard, Antonio, Lookman, even bloody Knockaert.

At the slightest hint of interest or prospect of returning to the club I'm sure he'd jump straight in his car and be up here in a few hours...oh, hang on.

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

At the slightest hint of interest or prospect of returning to the club I'm sure he'd jump straight in his car and be up here in a few hours...oh, hang on.

Hahahaaa he might given the fact he's likely to play 2nd fiddle to the bloke this topic is about. Plus, Claude Pissuel is havin a partaaaay

15 hours ago, StevieB said:

I didn't see a pic where it was all translated to "i hope i make the right decision" so here is the full translation 

Screenshot_20180722-210802.png

Why is he posting knobs and hearts on his IG is he meeting some French tart off tinder? Or has Suzie the Fox intercepted him lol lol lol 

17 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Why is he posting knobs and hearts on his IG is he meeting some French tart off tinder? Or has Suzie the Fox intercepted him lol lol lol 

Knobs? They’re praying hands mate. Although now I’m only seeing knobs/nobs/erect penis’ with blue balls

4 minutes ago, psychonaut said:

Knobs? They’re praying hands mate. Although now I’m only seeing knobs/nobs/erect penis’ with blue balls

It was a joke I could see they were Eifel towers he had posted lol lol 

16 hours ago, StevieB said:

I didn't see a pic where it was all translated to "i hope i make the right decision" so here is the full translation 

Screenshot_20180722-210802.png

Instagram cock tease. Solid proof he's off to Brighton if you ask me.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Do Albrighton, Gray or Diabate have a record of double figures for goals and assists in their league for the past two seasons, and a World Cup under their belts - no. But, this is could be partly due to the poor standards in the Dutch league, obviously.

Not even between them

4 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Something on Twitter about meeting Leicester's coach in Paris

All very confusing after we thought he was going to Brighton - wouldn't rule anything out

Bus trip.