Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Single most talented player ive ever seen in a Leicester shirt. Sad to see him go, glad for having had him here.

He will be even more incredible at Man City

He will have to make the team first. You don't just show up at Man City & grab a starting position.Pep will not tolerate him drifting in and out of the game.

It will be interesting , thats for sure.

7 hours ago, davieG said:

I've  not seen any comments from him regarding thanking LCFC for dragging him from obscurity to helping him become world renown.

Most players in his position usually give thanks to the club they are leaving especially after achieving so much with them.

Or have I just missed it.

There will be a thank you message, I bet something will surface today from him and his people. 

Great player when he turned up

8 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

That actually makes me quite sad ? 

Great player when he turned up, which was about one in four which is about what he will get at Man City, Disloyal,Disruptive and very very selfish,GERRIM GONE!!....To obscurity and beyond...............!

• Thanks 1

Guest Cujek

Thank God he has gone, some moments of magic and integral to the premier league win.

But goes missing a lot and his attitude is that of a 2 year old 

3 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Great player when he turned up

Great player when he turned up, which was about one in four which is about what he will get at Man City, Disloyal,Disruptive and very very selfish,GERRIM GONE!!....To obscurity and beyond...............!

Turned up 1 in 4? Did you expect a goal and an assist pretty much every game he played? 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Turned up 1 in 4? Did you expect a goal and an assist pretty much every game he played? 

"Turning up" doesn't mean that you're expecting him to score or dish out an assist every game he plays, I think Gordon is simply hinting at his lacklustre spells.

This thread is full of grieving-like reactions. It's staggering, the amount of denial and people wishing him bad luck. I guess we all cope differently with his loss.

Edited by shen

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

"Turning up" doesn't mean that you're expecting him to score or dish out an assist every game he plays, I think Gordon is simply hinting at his lacklustre spells.

But his lacklustre spells weren't 75% of the time, it's ridiculous. Everyone will be yearning for him and his supposed failures next season. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, shen said:

This thread is full of grieving-like reactions. It's staggering, the amount of denial and people wishing him bad luck. I guess we all cope differently with his loss.

It was the same when we lost Kante. There was an amazing amount of very juvenile hate towards him,

It’s FT

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But his lacklustre spells weren't 75% of the time, it's ridiculous. Everyone will be yearning for him and his supposed failures next season. 

I think the transfer sagas put a dent in the fan-player relationship, for some more than for others.

Had he behaved like a pro for the duration of his contract with us, and said farewell in a classy way (well, let's see what he comes up with today...), then the reaction wouldn't be so hefty.

You can praise the athlete Riyad Mahrez, whilst also being critical of his off-the-pitch-demenour and his apparent lack of gratitude. I found the club's reaction and Riyad's straight after the transfer announcement rather telling.

• Like 3

What a player, times of frustration in the last couple of seasons but the amount of special moments easily outweigh them. 

Not a huge deal I guess but it’s slightly disappointing to see him posting about his move without mentioning us but I don’t think he is controlling his social media account. 

Wish him him all the best and I hope he has huge success apart from against us. 

Its going to be weird seeing him play for someone else. 

Guest Mee-9

Amazing player.

Glad he's left now though. Lost quite a bit of respect for him with his airport escapades and sherades. 

Thanks for the memories Riyad. Though I’m glad it’s done now and don’t have to endure anymore strops.

This is the problem though. We unearth these brilliant players and they all want to move on eventually. I’ve a feeling Maguire will next. So frustrating but that’s the reality...

• Sad 1

Best of luck to him ( he will need it ) I see Josep using him as a wing back or maybe reserve goal keeper or even water boy ?

But really, thanks for the memories but thats all they are now.

I've already moved on. Remember when we lost The Little French Guy along came Wilf.

I know it's social media but the reaction is very interesting from non LCFC fans and maybe supports why the fee isn't higher or why more teams weren't in for him.

The general comments for 95% of people are;

"He will be a benchwarmer"

"Look forward to playing the league cup games only"

"Only worth £20m"

"Man City got robbed"

"Fair play to Leicester"

Even seen multiple comments saying; Leicester do it again, sell overrated Mahrez for 67m and sign Maddison for a third of the price.

I know we all know better and I think he will shine at the etihad but it is interesting to see the ignorant outside view!

We all knew it was coming. Think it's a fair price. You can talk about Coutinho fees but got to remember for every one of them there's a Salah. Not that many players have been sold for greater sums. 

Got to spend it wisely now. Seen teams try to spread out windfalls in the past and it doesn't work. Only way to replace a star is to buy another star. Don't normally call for marquee signings but could be the time. Business has been good so far this summer so hopefully that continues.

After their Ranieri songs and throwing weight around Man City are becoming another horrid club to me. Inevitable with success I guess. Enjoy an 80% filled stadium for champions league nights Riyad. 

• Like 1

So he's gone then, time to move on.

Can't say that I'll miss his attitude, but will certainly miss his skill set, I'm hoping that James Maddison will largely fill the "skill set" void.

Should be a bit more room on FT and my ignore list now, I feel sure his fan boys will follow him there.

Edited by norwichfox

I knew it was inevitable,but, watching us play for forty years he was certainly the most naturally gifted player I have ever seen in a City shirt. I wish him the very best. I have not seen any recognition from him to the fans or the club that gave him his chance but hey if that is how he feels fine. I am not filed with confidence but I sincerely hope the club have a plan for a replacement. The players linked so far are under whelming.