Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Man City are single handedly ruining Premier League football. Fiddling FFP and buying the 2 to 3 best players for each position as well as the best manager. I wish Riyad all the best but certainly not the club he’s joined. 

Twas ever thus tbh.

Man United used their spending power and position for years to buy the best British players (when needed). Ferguson used their power to bully and harass officials and journalists to suit his agenda.

The club with the most money/success could always be accused of ruining football if they have a sustained successful era.

Right now, it's Man City. That won't last forever though.

Personally, I wish him all the best. I can forget his ill advised moves to force through a transfer. All that will remain in the memory really is his skill, a number of glorious goals and one extra special season. 

I'm almost certain I'll never see another Mahrez in a Leicester shirt. There may be better, there may be more skillful, there may be more successful (all unlikely) but there won't be another Mahrez, I'm sad about that.

• Like 1

Sad day for us but some unbelievable memories. Most gifted, skilful and talented player we've ever had and we won't have a player like him again for a very long time. Thanks for everything and best wishes from me.

Crucial moments for us now as if we don't make the right signing(s) to mitigate this we're in massive danger of going down next season.

Will sit on the bench and lose confidence 

we will buy him back for 25m in 3 years time !!!

he is a confidence player and he will be with world class talent 

he can’t cope with being unloved and struggled with criticism 

this will not go well for him 

I will welcome him home in a few years time ! 

Edited by NorthfieldsFox

1 minute ago, NorthfieldsFox said:

Will sit on the bench and lose confidence 

we will buy him back for 25m in 3 years time !!!

he is a confidence player and he will be with world class talent 

he can’t cope with being unloved and struggled with criticism 

this will not go well for him 

I will welcome him home in a few years time ! 

In 3 years time he'll be 30. He's also on 200k/week now.

I reckon he'll be PFA POTY next season.

• Like 1

A genius, albeit a flawed one. That's how I like my geniuses. I'd like to think we had him at his best, and while his time at Man City may bring more successes, he will only be a bit part player, whereas here he was a superstar. He leaves behind many wonderful memories that will remain ours forever, and goes with my best wishes. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

£15m too short for me. Why do we always get ripped off? Guessing Man City wouldn't budge and the club were more bothered about starting with no turbulence by not allowing him to go. 

Exactly that from what ive heard. Tried to get other interested parties.

Spare me all these thank you Riyad tweets. We owe him nothing and he hasnt even bothered to thank Leicester. Classy as ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Spare me all these thank you Riyad tweets. We owe him nothing and he hasnt even bothered to thank Leicester. Classy as ever.

Any idea what eventually happened with the loyalty bonus / agent fee situation? Not that it really matters anyway :(

Just now, brucey said:

In 3 years time he'll be 30. He's also on 200k/week now.

I reckon he'll be PFA POTY next season.

Not a hope ???

I can’t see him starting 30% or city’s games 

seriously when he hai confidence is good he is world class 

when he has mentally struggled he has looked a show pony

we are about to find out how good he really is mentally  

3 minutes ago, the fox said:

It's maybe a blessing in disguise. Maybe this will force the team to finality stop relying on one player for creativity. Play like a team and we could get a European spot next season.

:facepalm:Our other wingers are not good enough - that's why we rely on 1 player 

Edited by OhYesNdidi
  • Sad 1

I'm gutted.

His off field antics have been questionable but he has given us so many moments of joy.

The most gifted player I've ever seen wear our shirt and I doubt we will see anyone of his ilk again for a very long time.

Thank you for the memories Riyad.

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Why does a social media soundbite bother you so much? Did all the talking he had to on the pitch for me

They got a good deal.  

The club never built on our premium win and now the 3 of probably the most influential players have left (Kanye, DD, Mahrez), the rebuilt plan to get even close to the top 4 will be very difficult.

I expect us to be mid table fodder for a long time.

Thank f*** for this. I was sad when he said he wanted to go but he ruined his legacy. that all went when he became stupid with his toys. The fans loved him here and now in man city he will just be a number on the bench. he will never be a legend in my eye for this club no matter what he did for us.

Edited by TeamRocket