Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Danny Ward - 12 Million

Some forget that Schmeichel won our POTY in 16/17. In our CL campaign. He's been outstanding in most games during his 7 years at the club.

He's the best keeper we've had in my life time by a mile..

That said, if Chelsea want him for £30m they can have him.

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

Some forget that Schmeichel won our POTY in 16/17. In our CL campaign. He's been outstanding in most games during his 7 years at the club.

Agreed with you up until that last sentence.

On Danny Ward, fully onboard with this signing, looks like we're strengthening in a lot of positions this transfer window

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brucey said:

Half of our defence next season will be new to the club, changing keeper as well is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah - Wes must play every game........

As per usual, we are trashing the guy before he has pulled on a City shirt. What we paid is immaterial to us and the player. 25 is a great age to pick up a keeper and develop him.

I could care less what the liverpool or huddersfield fans think. Lets see him play !!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Torten said:

Who knows, could break out a bit like Pope

How about 30 mil for a under 21 english keeper.  Jordan Pickford didn't turn out to be a bad investment did it.

13 hours ago, Gerard said:

Where do I start with this?

I never said Lunin would come here to be back up I'm just comparing the value. Real Madrid get a 19yo wonderkid Ukrainian international whilst we sign a 25yo  with 70 first team games mainly on loan to a Championship and SPL team.

I also said Butland would be available for £10m more than the reported £12m fee for Ward. They're both the same age and for the prices Butland seems the far better option, buy cheap buy twice might be the after thought here in a year or so.

Angus Gunn had a far higher reputation and whilst I can't judge the three GK's discussed with any certainty on the fave of it £12m for Ward is the worst buy out of the three. Liverpool would be desperate to get rid of a GK as they'll now have four on the books with biggish wages so we've offered them a lifeline by purchasing their 4th choice for £12m. It just looks terrible business by us whatever way you look at it.  

I am sure Stoke have made it clear they want 30 mil for Butland. Not sure where you get he is available for 10 mil?

13 hours ago, peterborofox said:

On SSN now for ten mill

Expensive back up and for me says Puel really wants to push Kasper and isn't scared of dropping him

I was lucky enough to have been at the West Ham and Spurs games at the end of the season.  I was also lucky enough to have been sitting near Kasper for the West Ham game and spoke to him and he was annoyed not to have been playing that game as he thought he was ready to comeback and really thought he would be in the starting lineup for the Spurs game,  which he didn't play.  Maybe there is something going on with him not being guaranteed the starting spot and or a bid is in for him and we maybe planning life post Kasper. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hack said:

I am sure Stoke have made it clear they want 30 mil for Butland. Not sure where you get he is available for 10 mil?

I never said £10m, I said £10m more than the £12m we’ll be paying Liverpool for Ward.

Stoke will probably want £25m for Butland but will probably talk st £20m+

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I never said £10m, I said £10m more than the £12m we’ll be paying Liverpool for Ward.

I think you need to spell it out. 10m + 12m = 22m.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

call me crazy but I don't think this is a bad deal. 

yes, it is a risk but most transfers are.

I am hearing good things about Danny, he is 25 so not yet at his is prime for a goalkeeper but he will learn from Kasper.

I think he will become our number 1 keeper in the near future.

12.5 million is the new 7.5 million in this day and age sadly. 

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Wish I could say that,  sadly I can go back to Peter Shilton!

4 hours ago, Hack said:

I was lucky enough to have been at the West Ham and Spurs games at the end of the season.  I was also lucky enough to have been sitting near Kasper for the West Ham game and spoke to him and he was annoyed not to have been playing that game as he thought he was ready to comeback and really thought he would be in the starting lineup for the Spurs game,  which he didn't play.  Maybe there is something going on with him not being guaranteed the starting spot and or a bid is in for him and we maybe planning life post Kasper. 

Kaspar needs to know that if he's not putting in the performances he's not undroppable or untransferrable. He sometimes for me last season was too much in the comfort zone and less of a team player also. At times he appears to think too much of himself.

7 hours ago, happy85 said:

The Wales international is set to sign for Leicester City after the Reds agreed a fee of £12.5million. The Reds have also negotiated a 20% sell-on clause.

james Pearce 

I don't know why we didn't throw in the keys to the King Power whilst we're at it.

What a crazy valuation for a third choice keeper. Who does our negotiating?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

You don't know what they would want, £20m is very optimistic for one of the most highly rated young English keepers in the league. They aren't under huge pressure to sell this season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, happy85 said:

The Wales international is set to sign for Leicester City after the Reds agreed a fee of £12.5million. The Reds have also negotiated a 20% sell-on clause.

james Pearce 

Absolutely ridiculous, how the hell do you get conned into paying that sort of money.

42 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Absolutely ridiculous, how the hell do you get conned into paying that sort of money.

I would guess that it is Liverpool leaking the info to make the deal sound good for them (and bad for us). It’s in their interest to do so having just spent so much on Allison. The fee may eventually rise to 12m but I doubt we’re paying half of that upfront. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, fleckneymike said:

I would guess that it is Liverpool leaking the info to make the deal sound good for them (and bad for us). It’s in their interest to do so having just spent so much on Allison. The fee may eventually rise to 12m but I doubt we’re paying half of that upfront. 

Absolutely correct FM, it`s not even half !

53 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I wonder how much we'd have had to pay for him if he played for Fulham and he'd just got promoted last season from the Championship. I think the fee would still have been around that if they'd even entertain selling him. 

The notion that he was 3rd choice last season, therefore 4th choice now and that Liverpool must be laughing their heads off is wide of the mark. They evidently wanted him to force his way in to being first choice until they've signed Alisson and its taken a large bid to agree to sell. 

• Like 2