Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

48 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do get this as well to be fair. Could be damaging putting a tonne of expectation on him.

The plan with Barnes is faltering simply because others aren't performing well enough. Gray really needs to step up.

Agree re: Gray. Every now and then he will have a great game, then you think he will crack on but he returns back to barely doing anything every time he plays. I think he suits the 433, but he has no end product.

Edited by lgfualol

11 minutes ago, dnewty said:

1. Understand #lcfc will allow Fousseni Diabate to go on loan this month, in search of more football. Played only 1 Prem game all season. Looks increasingly likely Puel may make the call to recall Harvey Barnes from his loan at #wba too. Decision not made yet tho.

Is the mercury ahead of Dorsett for info for once?

We've heard about the loan for a while and Tanner has been saying about the recall all week

Edited by UniFox21

45 minutes ago, dnewty said:

1. Understand #lcfc will allow Fousseni Diabate to go on loan this month, in search of more football. Played only 1 Prem game all season. Looks increasingly likely Puel may make the call to recall Harvey Barnes from his loan at #wba too. Decision not made yet tho.

Sky sources........    Never wrong.

23 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

A top of the table promotion battle in a typical hard British division in front of 25k+ and being lorded every game has got to be better for him and ultimately us than coming back here.

Many fans for his sake hope he sees out the season there.

With respect, I really don’t get this stance. We’re crying out for someone of his ability, and if he was a potential purchase then excitement would be sky high, and we’d be on page 80+ with speculation/tweets etc. Nobody would be saying “let’s buy him and loan him back for the season”. This guy is a potential match winner, and we need him back. He’s gained the experience and proved his value, and surely if he’s recalled he’d be in our match day squad, if not the 11. IMO he should be back here with us and gaining valuable experience that will stand him in good stead for next season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

We've heard about the loan for a while and Tanner has been saying about the recall all week

Tanner just reported Lenny Glover had just signed from Charlton for 80,000.

• Haha 2

"If he comes back and isn't Mahrez he'll be slated"

I don't think that'll be the case, firstly all our other wingers get slated and its pretty much only on here - he's not going to be booed or abused on twitter. He's a Leicester fan and academy graduate which always gives you more of a buy in from a fanbase - he brings a combination of things that our wingers don't offer and he's an exciting player. He's clearly too good for the championship having prove himself in two different loan spells and he's 21 now, he's ready for the step up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Tanner was previously West Brom reporter for the paper in Birmingham if I remember correctly, so may well have decent contacts there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

More likely that neither of them have a clue what is going

34 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

With respect, I really don’t get this stance. We’re crying out for someone of his ability, and if he was a potential purchase then excitement would be sky high, and we’d be on page 80+ with speculation/tweets etc. Nobody would be saying “let’s buy him and loan him back for the season”. This guy is a potential match winner, and we need him back. He’s gained the experience and proved his value, and surely if he’s recalled he’d be in our match day squad, if not the 11. IMO he should be back here with us and gaining valuable experience that will stand him in good stead for next season. 

Its all about opinions. Being in our squad is not the same as the experience he is enjoying now is my unselfish opinion

I've watched him for many years and looking forward to seeing him challenging strongly for the first team next season assuming we hold on to him

• Like 1

If he does come back this month, what is the worst case scenario? He doesn't make an impact and has a drop in form. Is this the end of his career? No. Many players go through a bad spell and then come back a different player.. A good example is Vardy after his first season with us. Chilwell didn't look like a PL footballer last year. I could go on. For this reason i'd recall him and give him time to adjust to the squad, the pace of the PL and the teams tactics. If worst case scenario happens, i'd back the lad to work hard in the summer and be ready to go again next season.

#BringBarnesHome

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

The following comment will probably be best posted in the "unpopular opinions" thread, but as its about Barnes, this seems like the right place to post it:

I think the best thing to do would be to leave him at West Brom this season, and if he helps them get promoted, offer them the chance to keep hold of him for the first half of the Premier League season. Let them blood him in the top flight. There have been a lot of players over the years who have looked well above Championship standard but have struggled to make the step up. I'm not suggesting that i think he'l struggle in the Premier League (I think he potentially has a massive future in the game - at a higher level than we could even offer him), but as others have said, if he doesn't hit the ground running here with Mahrez-esque performances week in week out, the more vocal of our "loyal" fanbase will probably do the lads confidence more damage than good. I'd imagine that a team coming up from the Championship would be more forgiving if it takes him a bit of time to adjust to the Premier League.

What fans are also forgetting is it might take him a good half a season to a season to get used to the PL. Look at Chilwell for example. We are pretty much safe from relegation and have very few options out wide, it is the perfect opportunity for him to come back and have half a season to learn and adapt. Knowing him, he'll take to the step up without much trouble and be superb but even if he isn't its essential he gets the time to settle with us. What's to say come the summer we dont bring in other options and he doesnt get quite the opportunity to play as many PL games as he would now? We might start the season badly and have to change plan. I dont see any reason keeping him there now, not when we need him ourselves.

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do get this as well to be fair. Could be damaging putting a tonne of expectation on him.

The plan with Barnes is faltering simply because others aren't performing well enough. Gray really needs to step up.

Why will the expectation be any different come the start of next season? If anything it'll be more as we'll have had another half a season of shit from Ghezzal and Gray and he'll have 15 goals and 15 assists to his name and mopped up at every award ceremony going. BACK IMMEDIATELY.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What fans are also forgetting is it might take him a good half a season to a season to get used to the PL. Look at Chilwell for example. We are pretty much safe from relegation and have very few options out wide, it is the perfect opportunity for him to come back and have half a season to learn and adapt. Knowing him, he'll take to the step up without much trouble and be superb but even if he isn't its essential he gets the time to settle with us. What's to say come the summer we dont bring in other options and he doesnt get quite the opportunity to play as many PL games as he would now? We might start the season badly and have to change plan. I dont see any reason keeping him there now, not when we need him ourselves.

Which is exactly why I think he should stay at West Bromwich for the first half of next season if they get promoted. No point him coming back now, he won't play every minute of every game which he is pretty much doing at West Brom

3 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Which is exactly why I think he should stay at West Bromwich for the first half of next season if they get promoted. No point him coming back now, he won't play every minute of every game which he is pretty much doing at West Brom

That's an interesting option but still comes back to the issue we currently have of very little end product from 2 of our 3 wingers. It would be odd to not strengthen options by bringing him back. At least if he stays it's another clubs games to watch and enjoy.

At times this season it's been more exciting watching Barnes than the turgid displays of our beloved.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

That won't happen. If West Brom get promoted they will try to buy him. If they nearly get promoted they may try to buy him.

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He should stay at wba for the rest of the season, shouldn't even be a discussion. We'd just be recalling him for the sake of it. Let him be, he's developing nicely.

There's definitely a discussion to be had. Integrating him 6 months earlier could do him a world of good for the start of next season, especially when we have an under performing Gray and Ghezzal and our comfortable position in the league, meaning he could get a huge chunk of valuable game time to adapt to the Premier League, especially when his confidence is so high. 

Puel has backed Chilwell and more recently Choudary and look how they have performed under him in the league. There is also nothing to say that he won't go off the boil at WBA in the second half of the season with a tense promotion push and what would that do for his confidence coming back to us in the Summer?

He is our player and if there is an opportunity to play a good number of games for us, which I believe there now is, he should come back and start his transition to the Premier League now. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

He should stay at wba for the rest of the season, shouldn't even be a discussion. We'd just be recalling him for the sake of it. Let him be, he's developing nicely.

I think we need him... 

That is IF Puel plays him and utilises his strengths and abilities... 

Should have had him back in time for the Newport game! 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

There's definitely a discussion to be had. Integrating him 6 months earlier could do him a world of good for the start of next season, especially when we have an under performing Gray and Ghezzal and our comfortable position in the league, meaning he could get a huge chunk of valuable game time to adapt to the Premier League, especially when his confidence is so high. 

Puel has backed Chilwell and more recently Choudary and look how they have performed under him in the league. There is also nothing to say that he won't go off the boil at WBA in the second half of the season with a tense promotion push and what would that do for his confidence coming back to us in the Summer?

He is our player and if there is an opportunity to play a good number of games for us, which I believe there now is, he should come back and start his transition to the Premier League now. 

:appl:

• Like 1