Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m actually really excited about the prospect of 

JV

HB  JM   MA

With dimi coming off the bench to offer something a little different. 

A decent sub striker away from being a great side  

We still need another RM imo, albrighton is good but doesn’t score enough. Need everyone to chip in now Mahrez has left. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Its all about opinions. Being in our squad is not the same as the experience he is enjoying now is my unselfish opinion

I've watched him for many years and looking forward to seeing him challenging strongly for the first team next season assuming we hold on to him

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

That won't happen. If West Brom get promoted they will try to buy him. If they nearly get promoted they may try to buy him.

lol Not a chance of him being sold/allowed to leave. Has 3.5 years left on his contract with us. He's on loan at WBA to gain experience for the benefit of him and us. Similar to Benkovic at Celtic who has 4.5 years left. Both going nowhere and both will be an important part of our squad next season.

Whether it would be best to bring Barnes back now or let him stay at WBA for the rest of the season remains open to debate.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Is the mercury ahead of Dorsett for info for once?

We've heard about the loan for a while and Tanner has been saying about the recall all week

Dorsett is lazy

Edited by nwl fox

Glad I don’t have to make the decisions.

On the one hand we are pretty much safe from relegation, but without much expectation of anything outstanding, so it is a brilliant opportunity to blood youngsters into the side. Also we have a dearth of in-form talent in his position and Puel has shown that he is capable of helping young players make the step up to the next level.

On the other hand, he seems happy at WBA and is getting tremendous experience in a very appreciative environment. If he is recalled he will be exposed to the seemingly toxic Puel in/out environment. A few poor performances could attract the attentions of some of the troglodytes in the stands and damage his confidence. Having said that, next season could be worse in these respects as a relegation fight is once again a possibility.

Ultimately the lad’s confidence is paramount. I would hope the club are talking to him to find out what he thinks is best, and would give him a large say in the matter. If he is keen to take up the challenge, now is probably as good a time as any.

If he ends up staying where he is, use the remainder of the season to continue the Hamza experiment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Surely we need to bring him back given our lack of goals and forward options? Better to test him at this point for a half a season when we are pretty much already safe. In that way, if we find he is not yet ready for the PL we don't lose too much and we can buy an alternative in the summer. If we wait until next season to blood him and pin our hopes on him being the solution, he will be under massive pressure and if he fails we'll be in a mess. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, tomtom said:

I don't post often... but, from what I'm told from someone close to Harvey is that he wants to stay at WBA for the remainder of the season 

I have absolutely no idea how much his wishes come into it though 

I can understand why too. Being part of a promotion chasing side, and excelling in that capacity, must be a wonderful experience. 

I'd imagine that he holds a reasonable say, too. If we value him you'd assume we would listen. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I can understand why too. Being part of a promotion chasing side, and excelling in that capacity, must be a wonderful experience. 

I'd imagine that he holds a reasonable say, too. If we value him you'd assume we would listen. 

Cheers Darren.  We will take that on board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomtom said:

I don't post often... but, from what I'm told from someone close to Harvey is that he wants to stay at WBA for the remainder of the season 

I totally get that and think his feelings should come into consideration. Its not like we will be in the shit if he doesnt return.

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Sets a lot up though

Does he really though. if you look at his stats he's got two assists and two goals so far this season. Alot of his crossing goes to waste because we don't have anyone that can score a header when we play Vardy and Maddison week in and out.

He doesn't create his own goals and rarely comes in off the flank. Now i'm not slating him, I love him as a player, works his socks off for the team attacking and defending but we don't have the strikers to play to his main strength. That's obviously not his fault and would only have been rectified if we had of kept Ulloa or Slimani but whats done is done. Barnes looks to be far more exciting and creates chances with key passes as apposed to crosses, something that Maddison is doing, but not nearly enough. A trio of Vardy, Maddison and Barnes would be much more productive than Vardy, Maddison and Albrighton.  

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I just hope he's given time by fans and management if he comes back.

He looked awful last season with us, will half a season in the championship be enough, or is that his level at this stage of his development.

If it is his level, don’t bring him back early, our fans could ruin him, as they won’t be patient, like with nacho, but are ok with Okazaki scoring 1 in 40 appearances 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomtom said:

Was it David Lloyd?

54 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

He looked awful last season with us, will half a season in the championship be enough, or is that his level at this stage of his development.

If it is his level, don’t bring him back early, our fans could ruin him, as they won’t be patient, like with nacho, but are ok with Okazaki scoring 1 in 40 appearances 

We need to get him back. We’re short in midfield, lacking quality down the flanks and someone to finish a chance. He would be a good option for Maddison or alongside him instead of Gray or Albrighton. What are we messing around at! He should have been here on January 1st ready for Newport but I see we have blown that option now so maybe we have less appeal now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

He played 3 games in the FA Cup vs League One opposition who he ate for breakfast on loan at MK Dons. He has been unreal for both Barnsley and West Brom in the Championship. He'll be sound.

If Puel chooses not to recall him, then he has made his bed and must lie it.  We are lacking in goals and creativity and this is a potential low-risk solution that will cost the club much less than bringing in someone new.  Not doing anything and going with what we have is a poor option that will cost us both cash and league places.

It is actually more of a risk for both Puel and LCFC not to recall him.     He cannot do any worse than what we have at our disposal currently.   

Edited by mozartfox
  • Like 1

Just now, funkyrobot said:

For a start there’s only 1 of him and there were at least 11 of them. 

Sorry I cannot find anything funny that references Newport.   That shambles is going to hurt for a long time yet.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Glad I don’t have to make the decisions.

On the one hand we are pretty much safe from relegation, but without much expectation of anything outstanding, so it is a brilliant opportunity to blood youngsters into the side. Also we have a dearth of in-form talent in his position and Puel has shown that he is capable of helping young players make the step up to the next level.

On the other hand, he seems happy at WBA and is getting tremendous experience in a very appreciative environment. If he is recalled he will be exposed to the seemingly toxic Puel in/out environment. A few poor performances could attract the attentions of some of the troglodytes in the stands and damage his confidence. Having said that, next season could be worse in these respects as a relegation fight is once again a possibility.

Ultimately the lad’s confidence is paramount. I would hope the club are talking to him to find out what he thinks is best, and would give him a large say in the matter. If he is keen to take up the challenge, now is probably as good a time as any.

If he ends up staying where he is, use the remainder of the season to continue the Hamza experiment.

I agree with your sentiments. I also agree that due to our league position and expectations, that experiments could be made with Barnes, Choudhury and even others perhaps. It could be very beneficial in terms of giving those players both valuable game experience and helping decide recruitment strategy  in the summer. The negative side to that of course would be the constant over the top melt downs on here if we lost a game. We could win three on the trot against reasonable teams but lose the fourth against a lower place team and it would only be the latter that would be fiercely commented on. 

• Like 3