Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

RUDKIN - How Does He Keep His Job?

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Well, he was our director of football when we performed the great escape, won the premier league and reached the quarter finals of the Champions League.

And a top 10 finish

23 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Hes going to get us 75 million for Harry.He got us 37 million for drinky.

Not bad  business for an idiot?

He bought Harry for 17

He stole Ndidi

Good business buying Maddison

Stole Evans

Raped Chelsea for Drinky

Paid too much for Slimani

Going to break even on Musa

Great business getting Hirst on the cheap

Probably shouldn't have extended Ulloa

Should never have included a buyout for Kante

Made a few boners but overall he is way ahead of the game. We are considered a bona fide Premier league club with a stadium expansion and a new training ground in our future.

Really !!! Consider Stoke, West Brom & Swansea.

We are doing very well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He bought Harry for 17

He stole Ndidi

Good business buying Maddison

Stole Evans

Raped Chelsea for Drinky

Paid too much for Slimani

Going to break even on Musa

Great business getting Hirst on the cheap

Probably shouldn't have extended Ulloa

Should never have included a buyout for Kante

Made a few boners but overall he is way ahead of the game. We are considered a bona fide Premier league club with a stadium expansion and a new training ground in our future.

Really !!! Consider Stoke, West Brom & Swansea.

We are doing very well.

Going to break even on Musa??  If he achieves that then he deserves a job for life.

1 hour ago, Poznan34 said:

If the club are "too scared to sack him", couldn't we just put him on leave on full pay and get someone decent in? 

On what grounds? Not that easy. 

I maintain Rudkin's faults are what he doesn't do more than what he does. When you have a bad window, it knackers the next few as well to an extent.

I don't think he's done too badly this time around (not having the Ward signing though) although I do feel it's probably going to end sourly, and a lot of that is due to errors made previously. Looks to me like we're limited in who we can bring in due to our wage bill which is like I say, something that's due to previous errors.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Wouldn’t it be weird if the truth were connected to your username? 

3 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I'm listening...

I can’t sleep so I’ve decided to come up with an elaborate story based on these comments (that will be deleted just like my post defending the site for deleting comments lollollol)

Owners hired PROstitutes to frame James Pearson so that they had a reason to sack nige.... then got one of the youth team to leak video. 

Rudkin finds out, Nige finds out and now both are still happily employed by KP lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Going to break even on Musa??  If he achieves that then he deserves a job for life.

Musa did us a huge favour by having a great world cup.  We may not break even but it will be close

We may even keep him

Edited by gurru991

If he’s in charge of contracts and throwing huge amounts at some of the pish we’ve signed, the criticism is worthy. 

We are crippled by a squad of utter crap who can’t or won’t leave due to their wages. 

Also if he assists on the identifying of managers, he will never employ someone who challenges him 

I'm assuming others identify our target players Rudders just gets them in. On that basis he's not done a bad job.

Not his fault he's bought in some high earners who haven't delivered and who we can't offload.

A few weeks ago he was a legend on here now Mahrez has gone and a replacement hasn't been immediate, his stock is down.

He's done OK this window but if the window closes without us getting a Mahrez replacement in I'll be miffed.

People wuold probably think more of him if every now and again he came out and did some interviews with the press / TV  / radio instead of his minions. Take the Silva fiasco that was due to him, yet he wouldn't say anything about it to the press Shakespeare had to field all the questions. New contracts given to James / Ulloa were down to him.

Alright he has ceme up with some bargains but in my opinion his bad decisions outweigh the good ones.

• Like 1

Clearly, it's his hair and a distinct lack of tattoo's that's the problem...can't wait for him to get back of holiday and start buying some players from Tattersall's Newmarket Sales.

Edited by norwichfox

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

What exactly has he done wrong this window?

Apart from sell a £100m player for £60m and buy a £1.25m player for £12.5m you mean?

Not to mention we still have enough donkeys hanging around the club to open a sanctuary.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I would guess many on here (including myself) are curious as to why we have made so many mistakes in our recent recruitment.  Every Club buys a Turkey now and again but we have bought some real dross that does not fit in with our 'then' playing style.  I personally would really like to know who made the decision to give Matty James and Leo contract extensions?   So as DoF all these things have happened on your watch including the Silva fiasco.

So what I am eluding to here is, many things may not be Rudkin's direct fault, but it must be someones?    So it is hardly surprising that some add 2+2 and come up with 5.

We do have issues in recruitment/scouting and player sales let's not kid ourselves.   

I attended the game last Wednesday in Villach and what shocked me was the number of non-playing staff that were milling around. No word of a lie there must have say 15?  WTF are all these people doing?  Hopefully, one of this lot is a competent defensive coordinator that will sort the defense out.

I think they are normally there for Kasper's goal kicks and to get the ball back to the field of play quickly as possible. Not sure why they were in attendance for this game though. Old habits die hard?

8 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Apart from sell a £100m player for £60m and buy a £1.25m player for £12.5m you mean?

Not to mention we still have enough donkeys hanging around the club to open a sanctuary.

If nobody is going to bid £100m, how exactly is he meant to get £100m? If we'd held onto him, a player who wanted out his value would have halved come next summer.

As for the other deal, we don't know the makeup of that deal at all. It looks a lot if you believe what Liverpool have leaked out... but then it would as they are leaking what they want. A few people on here have said the upfront fee is a fraction of that. Also, he doesn't scout the players. If someone is saying to him, this guy has great potential and we really think he could make it to the top, then he does what he can to get said player.

As for the donkeys... he can't force teams to buy players that didn't work. Unless other prem clubs are interested, it's always going to be hard work as players in this country always get paid far more than elsewhere.

• Like 1

He can’t force teams to sign those donkeys, no. But why can’t those teams sign those donkeys? Overpaid in most cases, meaning they don’t really want to move. Whose agreeing to the contracts ? 

My understanding - scout and manager identify players. Rudkin goes gets him

44 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If nobody is going to bid £100m, how exactly is he meant to get £100m? If we'd held onto him, a player who wanted out his value would have halved come next summer.

As for the other deal, we don't know the makeup of that deal at all. It looks a lot if you believe what Liverpool have leaked out... but then it would as they are leaking what they want. A few people on here have said the upfront fee is a fraction of that. Also, he doesn't scout the players. If someone is saying to him, this guy has great potential and we really think he could make it to the top, then he does what he can to get said player.

As for the donkeys... he can't force teams to buy players that didn't work. Unless other prem clubs are interested, it's always going to be hard work as players in this country always get paid far more than elsewhere.

Ward is the only senior outgoing from Liverpool that commanded a fee (Can went on a Bosman and Flanagan was released), and independent sources are citing their fees received as £12.5m.

As for the other stuff you can possibly make excuses in the immediate timeframe, but even then I'd say they are still indicative of structural failings for which Big John is ultimately responsible.

Why are we in a position where we can't demand the value of our best players? Not the first time this has happened remember.

Can't offload crap players because their wages are too high - Why are these crap players on big wages and long contracts? And the rare bids that do come in we're turning them down!

Other teams don't seem to struggle so much. For instance Liverpool managed to mug some other club into paying £12.5m for their third choice keeper.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Ward is the only senior outgoing from Liverpool that commanded a fee (Can went on a Bosman and Flanagan was released), and independent sources are citing their fees received as £12.5m.

As for the other stuff you can possibly make excuses in the immediate timeframe, but even then I'd say they are still indicative of structural failings for which Big John is ultimately responsible.

Why are we in a position where we can't demand the value of our best players? Not the first time this has happened remember.

Can't offload crap players because their wages are too high - Why are these crap players on big wages and long contracts? And the rare bids that do come in we're turning them down!

Other teams don't seem to struggle so much. For instance Liverpool managed to mug some other club into paying £12.5m for their third choice keeper.

Your entire argument seems based on rumour and conjecture. Again, he doesn't pick the players.... the fact they turn out shit isn't down to him.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Your entire argument seems based on rumour and conjecture. Again, he doesn't pick the players.... the fact they turn out shit isn't down to him.

But their contracts, and the person who does pick the players, are down to him. He's the director of football ffs! How can anyone argue he's got nothing to do with our state of football affairs on or off the pitch? 

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

But their contracts, and the person who does pick the players, are down to him. He's the director of football ffs! How can anyone argue he's got nothing to do with our state of football affairs on or off the pitch? 

Their contracts are only too high because the signing hasn't worked. Would you rather he turned around to Steve Walsh and said, I know you you've built three title winning sides and I know you found Kante, Mahrez, Vardy, Drinkwater, Knockaert etc for about £8m total. But I don't trust your decision making, so I'm no going to pay the money for the signings you want. Ditto the manager who just won you the premier league.

Hindsight is an oh so wonderful thing. If he'd done that and we didn't get those players and the other ones we did sign for much less turned out to be shit. You'd be moaning about why he didn't back the scouts and manager with money.

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 1