Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

RUDKIN - How Does He Keep His Job?

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I’ve never bad mouthed the guy as I can see the difficulties of his job. Whenever people get frustrated because we don’t make a signing that they read about on Twitter or a deal takes time to complete the finger of blame is always pointed towards him due to his position but people seem to be oblivious to all the complex factors that are involved in a transfer deal. I’ve said this before but do people honestly believe that Rudkin sits in his office twiddling his thumbs by himself waiting for things to happen and then agrees fee’s/salaries/bonuses/contracts by himself?!?! There’s a whole team of finance people, lawyers, agents & senior management involved and when a deal is in place Rudkin is the guy that reports everything back to the owners.

As I’ve already said he’s an easy scapegoat that gets called out for being out of his depth when transfers don’t happen but is then never mentioned when we pull off the numerous great signings we’ve made.

People will obviously make up their own opinions of Rudkin but the fact our billionaire businessmen owners who could could employ anyone they want for the role have kept him in his position says a lot.

Great post (sorry out of reps) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Albert said:

I’ve never bad mouthed the guy as I can see the difficulties of his job. Whenever people get frustrated because we don’t make a signing that they read about on Twitter or a deal takes time to complete the finger of blame is always pointed towards him due to his position but people seem to be oblivious to all the complex factors that are involved in a transfer deal. I’ve said this before but do people honestly believe that Rudkin sits in his office twiddling his thumbs by himself waiting for things to happen and then agrees fee’s/salaries/bonuses/contracts by himself?!?! There’s a whole team of finance people, lawyers, agents & senior management involved and when a deal is in place Rudkin is the guy that reports everything back to the owners.

As I’ve already said he’s an easy scapegoat that gets called out for being out of his depth when transfers don’t happen but is then never mentioned when we pull off the numerous great signings we’ve made.

People will obviously make up their own opinions of Rudkin but the fact our billionaire businessmen owners who could could employ anyone they want for the role have kept him in his position says a lot.

Great Post

Refreshing to see a voice of reason as opposed to the conspiracy theorists

Think that's absolutely spot on.

• Like 1

Come on mate, do u honestly think the owners are keeping him in such a vital position of their multi million pound business because he has dirt on them & are too afraid to get rid?!?! if they wanted to get rid of him they could do it in a click of a finger. They’ve spent near on £20m buying horses the past yr so it wouldn’t be too much of a problem if they really needed to silence someone. They could do it using the change they have in their penny jar!! 

In any business the rich & powerful will always keep people close to them because of the trust & loyalty they have with them not because of fear!!

Yep.... 

6 hours ago, Albert said:

You raise some valid points and on the face of it you'd like to think the owners know what they are doing with Rudkin, but we missed a massive trick after we won the league. We weren't prepared and had no executive or director off the field experienced in what to do, our owners didn't think we needed to bring in a better calibre or people with experience of working at an elite club with the massive sponsorship deals, the commercial and global opportunities that came our way. They were extremely loyal to everyone, which is very admirable but not necessarily the best decision.

You explain how Rudkin's role requires a lot of other people working alongside him and many mitigating factors to take place for transfers to happen, so it's often not his fault but it's funny how our managers aren't afforded such sympathy. We are more than happy to go through a manager or more a season, blow millions on replacing them and doing the same on players but it's always their fault as they are the ones most directly linked to actual football. The suits off the field couldn't possibly be having an effect on how successful or not our football team maybe, it's as if the DOF role is seen as not that important and free from scrutiny. There appears to be no area of football that he has ultimate responsibility and can neither effect or cause anything, yet he's head of all footballing operations. I wonder in any other business if a head of an area could have as cushy gig as his.

Anyway, I've repeated myself a lot recently. I'm boring myself so I dread to think how tedious it is for all you poor sods having to keep read this.

• Like 2

For those of you in doubt here is what responsibilities the DOF has, clear as mud if you ask me.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/430862

What purpose does Andrew Neville serve at the club as well is official title is 'Football Operations Director'  seems that there are a lot of jobs for the boys going on at the club.

Edited by Foxes1
  • Like 1

aCC

11 hours ago, Foxes1 said:

For those of you in doubt here is what responsibilities the DOF has, clear as mud if you ask me.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/430862

What purpose does Andrew Neville serve at the club as well is official title is 'Football Operations Director'  seems that there are a lot of jobs for the boys going on at the club.

According to the Mercury, Puel states that there will be no replacement brought in for Mahrez. Why am not surprised?

We're doomed. :facepalm:

Most likely what he is doing they happy with.

e.g. the drinkwater fiasco, if he was told to sell before buying and to negotiate very hard even if there was no transfer then he did his job.

It might be possible now he is under a remit to not let anyone come in until we have outgoings, and possibly also minimum prices have been set by the owner or the owner has the final say and refusing offers like the one for musa.

They put in a ton of cash in the first 2 seasons with us, and since then its levelled off and now profitable, it may be they decided thats how they want to run the club now as a cash positive business.  Meaning if our budgets are at their limit there will be no spending.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2018 at 19:19, DANGEROUS TIGER said:

aCC

According to the Mercury, Puel states that there will be no replacement brought in for Mahrez. Why am not surprised?

We're doomed. :facepalm:

Could be he means direct replacement as it's virtually impossible or beyond lucky to do so, a spreading of his skills amongst a number of players is probably a better solution anyway.

Or

He has someone in mind but doesn't want to sound desperate so as to push up any transfer fee.

If Rudkin and his team manage to sell Slimani for a good chunk of money in the next six days and are able to offload Ulloa and Benalouane until the end of the month, they'll come out of this transfer window with some deserved credit from me and will have made up for the transfer mess they co-created in the past two years.

And if they should end up attracting one or two more high-profile wingers to the club, such as Bailey or Bernard, hats off.

11 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

If Rudkin and his team manage to sell Slimani for a good chunk of money in the next six days and are able to offload Ulloa and Benalouane until the end of the month, they'll come out of this transfer window with some deserved credit from me and will have made up for the transfer mess they co-created in the past two years.

And if they should end up attracting one or two more high-profile wingers to the club, such as Bailey or Bernard, hats off.

Do you honestly see Leon Bailey joining City?

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

I mean this kindly, but I fear you're mistaken.

I'm only jesting, I think Puel is here for a while unless it all goes belly up early season. I actually like what he's trying to do here. But it takes time and I'm not so sure he'll be given it unless things go reasonably well.

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm only jesting, I think Puel is here for a while unless it all goes belly up early season. I actually like what he's trying to do here. But it takes time and I'm not so sure he'll be given it unless things go reasonably well.

Now it makes more sense. I was hugely encouraged by the Valencia match.