Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

RUDKIN - How Does He Keep His Job?

I would guess many on here (including myself) are curious as to why we have made so many mistakes in our recent recruitment.  Every Club buys a Turkey now and again but we have bought some real dross that does not fit in with our 'then' playing style.  I personally would really like to know who made the decision to give Matty James and Leo contract extensions?   So as DoF all these things have happened on your watch including the Silva fiasco.

So what I am eluding to here is, many things may not be Rudkin's direct fault, but it must be someones?    So it is hardly surprising that some add 2+2 and come up with 5.

We do have issues in recruitment/scouting and player sales let's not kid ourselves.   

I attended the game last Wednesday in Villach and what shocked me was the number of non-playing staff that were milling around. No word of a lie there must have say 15?  WTF are all these people doing?  Hopefully, one of this lot is a competent defensive coordinator that will sort the defense out.

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I would guess many on here (including myself) are curious as to why we have made so many mistakes in our recent recruitment.  Every Club buys a Turkey now and again but we have bought some real dross that does not fit in with our 'then' playing style.  I personally would really like to know who made the decision to give Matty James and Leo contract extensions?   So as DoF all these things have happened on your watch including the Silva fiasco.

So what I am eluding to here is, many things may not be Rudkin's direct fault, but it must be someones?    So it is hardly surprising that some add 2+2 and come up with 5.

We do have issues in recruitment/scouting and player sales let's not kid ourselves.   

I attended the game last Wednesday in Villach and what shocked me was the number of non-playing staff that were milling around. No word of a lie there must have say 15?  WTF are all these people doing?  Hopefully, one of this lot is a competent defensive coordinator that will sort the defense out.

Interesting take...

I'm not convinced by him at all but the truth is nobody knows exactly what he does and therefore we don't know if he's doing his job well or not.

Edited by Stadt

40 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I find the Rudkin obsession on this forum slightly odd and a bit disturbing.

A quick search and there's TWELVE threads about him on here.

I wonder if any other DoF has 12 threads about them on other teams' forums?

Bizzare

Probably, Emenalo was a hate figure at Chelsea for a while. Ed Woodward wasn't popular with Man United fans either, they did have slightly different roles to Rudkin though. It's not unique to us.

He's been at the club for just over 20 years. In fairness, sticking with us through the really harsh winters (administration year springs to mind) is a kind of loyalty that deserves to be repaid. He's also seemingly done alright this window. I'm pretty happy with our more recent transfers and getting £65m for Mahrez is good business. 

31 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I'm not convinced by him at all but the truth is nobody knows exactly what he does and therefore we don't know if he's doing his job well or not.

Why do we need to know exactly what he does?

We're not his boss and we're not King Power shareholders. And even if we did know what his job descriptions says - so what?

When I go to a gig I don't need to know what the bands manager, promoter or roadies do. And when I watch a film at the cinema I don't need to know what the Director, Producer and Editor of the film do.

What's the fascination with knowing what Rudkin does?

• Like 2

Most successful time in clubs history

90+m profit

Club running in the black

Get the majority of transfers we want over the line (he negotiates not scouts)

But yeah let's sack him because being don't like directors and managers. You people hating him just because of his role, sound like a shelf stacker whining about their manager because they think they can do thier job better.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Babylon said:

What exactly has he done wrong this window?

Didn't sign Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi.

I mean, Robert Lewandowski would have been a start, but he can't even do that!

Also you could argue that due to rudkin not managing to sign silva on time we couldn't finish 7th. but at the same time you could argue that without him we wouldn't have been promoted, won the title and gotten to the champions league QF which BTW could have easily been the semi finals