Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Chris Mepham

3 hours ago, Long Lost Bee said:

That’s not based on one season. The owner, board and fans are very confident this year. 

I think you've got a great chance of going up this year. How highly do you rate Ollie Watkins? Pretty sure I've seen him linked to a couple of Prem sides.

Also, what about that bloke you signed last January from Denmark, think he might be Brazilian or something - was highly rated but don't remember hearing much about him since he joined you.

Should probably nick your recruitment team not just your players...

7 minutes ago, Frost said:

I think you've got a great chance of going up this year. How highly do you rate Ollie Watkins? Pretty sure I've seen him linked to a couple of Prem sides.

Also, what about that bloke you signed last January from Denmark, think he might be Brazilian or something - was highly rated but don't remember hearing much about him since he joined you.

Should probably nick your recruitment team not just your players...

Thanks for asking. Ollie is very highly rated up there with Chris. The Danish guy is Marcondes, it’s taken him a while to adapt. Got clattered in a Friendly game v Watford ( some of their players thought it was a league game TBH) anyway he’s out for 4 weeks after just about getting into the team. We’ve got so many options in midfield it’s difficult to actually place him. We’ve now got about 6/7  across the team who are lower Prem standard now. Not so long ago we were in League Two hunting for free transfers and journeymen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Long Lost Bee said:

Thanks for asking. Ollie is very highly rated up there with Chris. The Danish guy is Marcondes, it’s taken him a while to adapt. Got clattered in a Friendly game v Watford ( some of their players thought it was a league game TBH) anyway he’s out for 4 weeks after just about getting into the team. We’ve got so many options in midfield it’s difficult to actually place him. We’ve now got about 6/7  across the team who are lower Prem standard now. Not so long ago we were in League Two hunting for free transfers and journeymen.

onwards and upwards by the sound of it.

all the best for the season ahead!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Long Lost Bee said:

I’m told you’ve now moved on, thankfully. 

Everyone's a winner- you guys get to keep a quality player, he will continue his development where he is comfortable and progressing well and we sign Benkovic who is further along in his development, more experienced and less of a risk (in my opinion)

All the best for the season- I'd love to see you get promoted, partly because I'm hoping to watch Leicester at Griffin Park in that bizarre 2-tiered stand before you move.

Tbf I was him I'd stay at Brentford, he'll play over 40 games this season and if he's as big a talent as has been said, he'll get his move if he backs himself. And that's if Brentford don't get themselves up regardless.

Sitting on our bench isn't as appealing as that at that stage of his career.

Always respected Brentford as they never let their players go cheaply. They got maga bunce at the time for Scott Hogan. Hopefully he stays there for the season and if all's well we can spend a decent chunk of what we receive for Maguire next summer on him.

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Talksport reckon he should stay at Brentford, probably because one of the presenters is a Brentford fan.

She is loverly though.

4 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

Are there no women in Austria? Or is it an age thing? You're worse than me.

There are ‘some’ but my partner is Asian and a Mendy Fan (True). 

54 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Good luck to Brentford for the season. A really well run club and quality players across the park.  Although they're going to have to gain automatic promotion if they want to go up. I think they've got the worst record in the football league for losing in playoffs.

??? So true. I’ve witnessed every one ? But I think we’ve changed a bit since those days.

Would love us to sign him, but I've always liked Brentford - would rather see Mepham help them get to the Prem this year and give him further experience.

As others have said, he deserves more playing time to develop rather than sitting on our bench.

Good luck to you and yours this season, @Long Lost Bee

Edited by CloudFox

apparently Brentford have been linked with a Belgian centre back today and a right midfielder. I reference the midfielder because Bournemouth are keen on their current fellow - Ollie Watkins. perhaps Bournemouth are going to make a double swoop ??  cant see us buying two 20 y o centre backs in the same window unless .............

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

apparently Brentford have been linked with a Belgian centre back today and a right midfielder. I reference the midfielder because Bournemouth are keen on their current fellow - Ollie Watkins. perhaps Bournemouth are going to make a double swoop ??  cant see us buying two 20 y o centre backs in the same window unless .............

I would be seriously surprised but equally as impressed if we did. Evans, Maguire, Benkovic and Mepham as our 4 options at CB would be amazing! 

Evans is winding down his career and Maguire will be off in Jan or next Summer, so investing now in these two, could be a great business for the future. 

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

unless..............Morgan is on the move. I like your thinking.