Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
themightyfin

Loan watch 2018-19

5 hours ago, FIF said:

Thomas not in the squad is surprising for me. I thought he was much better than Barnes last season and good enough to make their team on a regular basis.

Benkovich injury is a little worrying.

seems to have started every game of the season early on, they got a new manager and he went on international duty and missed a couple of games and hasn’t had much of a look in since. guessing whoever came in for him whilst he was away must be performing so he’ll have to bide his time. 

did score both goals for wales when he was away though, assuming he’s not injured and they have games he’ll be back with them next week. 

One performance and the situation at Celtic looks a lot brighter as they stormed to a hugely impressive 6-0 win over St Johnstone on Sunday that has moved the Hoops up to third in the Scottish Premiership.

Brendan Rodgers' men seemed to be coming in for criticism for several reasons following their Europa League defeat on Thursday. And while the six goals helped the Bhoys respond emphatically to questions over their lack of creativity, another domestic clean sheet will have also silenced many of Celtic's doubters.

It was a fantastic performance from summer signing Filip Benkovic, who was making only his second league start since arriving on loan from Leicester City. And it was a display that was lauded by many of the Celtic fans on social media.

Benkovic was superb alongside Dedryck Boyata. It is easy to forget that Celtic have kept a clean sheet in six domestic games this term, but the pair's performance against the Saints suggests that Rodgers may have finally found a partnership he can build upon.

14th September 2018, Simple Digital Arena, Paisley, Scotland; Ladbrokes Premiership football, St Mirren versus Celtic;  Filip Benkovic of Celtic walks out onto the pitch before kickoff

Benkovic was a threat at both ends of the field, and his display is incredibly encouraging given that it was only his fourth appearance since arriving at Parkhead.

In response, a number of Celtic supporters took to Twitter to laud the centre-back and express their excitement about how good he could become once he has enjoyed a run of games and has developed his partnership with Boyata. 

Brendan Rodgers, Manager of Celtic celebrates his sides first goal during the UEFA Europa League Group B match between Celtic and Rosenborg at Celtic Park on September 20, 2018 in Glasgow,...

Here is the best of the reaction following Benkovic's superb performance...

Tony CFC
@Green_Curve67
 Great performance...Forrest and Rogic in that form are too good for anyone to handle... Only downside and I hate bringing ons up is Griffiths.. He looks way off the pace.. Benkovic will be a player for us.. @ClydeSSB

5:23 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See Tony CFC's other Tweets
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Parcel O' Rogues
@dab24156
 Benkovic. I like you son. A lot.

4:48 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See Parcel O' Rogues's other Tweets

stevie????
@steviebhoy196
 Can we just buy benkovic n sign boyata to long deal please @CelticFC

4:48 PM - Oct 7, 2018 · Glasgow, Scotland
See stevie????'s other Tweets

Martin Mann
@mrtnmann
 Best performance so far in a Celtic jersey from Benkovic.

4:47 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See Martin Mann's other Tweets

The Count?
@oisin71
 Benkovic never put a foot wrong. Well played.

4:46 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See The Count?'s other Tweets

Andrew
@Hullbhoy
 Good performance by Benkovic today.

4:46 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See Andrew's other Tweets

Steven Matthew Quinn
@StevieMQuinn03
 Big Benkovic is a class act. Brings solidity to the defence.

4:31 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See Steven Matthew Quinn's other Tweets

Aidan???
@Aidans67
 This is more like it, also liking the look of Benkovic and Boyata at the back and clearly Griff and Edouard can play in the same team when the midfielders want to turn up, big big improvement today ??

4:19 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See Aidan???'s other Tweets

67 Heaven
@67_heaven
 James Forrest .... FANTASTIC????
BENKOVIC ......... WOW ??????

4:18 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See 67 Heaven's other Tweets

Jacinta Redonna
@jacquiseagrave
 Big welcome back to Benkovic = clean sheet! Forrest making up for his howler on Thursday ???? keep it going, big next 3 games! ????

5:25 PM - Oct 7, 2018
See Jacinta Redonna's other Tweets

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, davieG said:

They will not be drooling come January when we recall him and we offer them some of our less attractive loan candidates

• Haha 1

Watching a Celtic TV stream and he certainly has a pass on him. Great to see long forward passes instead of this short tippy tappy side ways nonsense. We need to get him back soonest.

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

Not to be 4th choice or whatever. I can see us loaning him to Celtic for a few seasons as they cannot afford to buy him!

Edited by Tuna
  • Sad 1

Quote from their message board:

Bewilders me that leicester arn't giving this guy a chance, i know Maguire is better but are they really playing Morgan over this lad? Not that i'm complaining mind you.

It bewilders a lot of people what is going on at our Club.    Need to recall and play him.

18 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Not to be 4th choice or whatever. I can see us loaning him to Celtic for a few seasons as they cannot afford to buy him!

If Maguire leaves he could be in the top 2 with Soyuncu and could easily become 1st choice for the right CB slot.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

If Maguire leaves he could be in the top 2 with Soyuncu and could easily become 1st choice for the right FB slot.

:appl: A very sensible summing up.  I think you may be spot on with this oppinion.

12 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Quote from their message board:

Bewilders me that leicester arn't giving this guy a chance, i know Maguire is better but are they really playing Morgan over this lad? Not that i'm complaining mind you.

It bewilders a lot of people what is going on at our Club.    Need to recall and play him.

Glad he's looking good but let's face it, there's a big difference to the SPL & Premier League.

We have some really talented CB's now, so the future looks good in that position. Morgan, please hang up your boots.

18 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Glad he's looking good but let's face it, there's a big difference to the SPL & Premier League.

We have some really talented CB's now, so the future looks good in that position. Morgan, please hang up your boots.

Yes there is a massive difference between the EPL and the SPL.  But the signs are good. As for Wes, this is Puel to sort out and resolve.

11 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Let's hope the club are actually bothering to talk to Benkovic regularly while he is out on loan. They couldnt be arsed with Tom Lawrence and he left, hope it wont go this way as I think Benkovic has a ton of potential.

We supposedly have a player liaison officer for this very reason but interestingly both Barnes and Mendy said Puel hasn't or didn't get in touch at all during their loans last season and this season, odd if you ask me. 

• Like 1

So weird that a player on loan somewhere else performing will is met negatively by some of our fans or used to have a go at Puel.  The Benkovic loan is going well so far and is achieving exactly what it set out to do.  Let's hope he continues to perform well and we can re-assess in January.  X

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Let's hope the club are actually bothering to talk to Benkovic regularly while he is out on loan. They couldnt be arsed with Tom Lawrence and he left, hope it wont go this way as I think Benkovic has a ton of potential.

Difference being that Lawrence wasn't and isn't good enough for our squad. Hence why we sold him and got a decent fee for him. Lawrence would have had no chance of getting in our team! Decent in the championship but not at the level we should be looking at. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Difference being that Lawrence wasn't and isn't good enough for our squad. Hence why we sold him and got a decent fee for him. Lawrence would have had no chance of getting in our team! Decent in the championship but not at the level we should be looking at. 

You forgot the golden rule.  If we sell a player or do not play them they suddenly become Messi.  X

On 21/10/2018 at 10:45, jayfox26 said:

Still poor from us from a development point of view,