Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

5 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Couldn't believe my ears hearing hundreds of fans chanting for Shinji to replace him, like trading a blunt knife for a rusty spoon. 

Another bad game tonight but christ our fans are embarrassing, what do they hope to gain by jeering and booing our own player as he's walking off? 

I wasn't at the game tonight but maybe they were thinking "if we let this guy know that what he's given tonight isn't good enough then maybe he'll take that onboard and come back and try a little harder next time"

• Like 2

It almost feels like an act of cruelty to keep playing him at the moment.

The bloke seems so low on confidence. He seems to be avoiding getting into positions where he might get a chance on goal - hesitant and freezes if an opportunity presents itself. Clearly lacks self-belief just now.

Maybe Claude thought "if he can just score against his old club, it might kick-start a recovery in his confidence"......or maybe he just didn't have any other options, if Vardy wasn't fit....Gray isn't a striker and neither Maddison nor Shinji are lead strikers.

Either way, it didn't work and won't have helped him - and nor will people chanting for Shinji or cheering his substitution.

I'm tempted to think that Nacho needs a few weeks out of the pressure of the match squad to recuperate and get some psychological support. Loaning him out would risk undermining him more, but he shouldn't be playing for us at the moment.

In the meantime, we desperately need to bring in another striker in January. Cannot believe that we've spent half a season so short of striking options.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

I wouldn’t boo a player but wouldn’t stop anyone who does. I understand he’s isolated and low on confidence but the lest we ask it to put some effort in. Everything he does is half-hearted. The reason you would never see Vardy or Albrighton getting booed off is because they give it 100% every game

I agree. You can offer a limited defence of his performances by saying that our the game/our tactics haven't suited his style, or that he's low on confidence - those things can have an effect.

But if they do apply then the least a player can do is put a full effort in, and I don't feel we're seeing that from him.

Edited by Harry - LCFC

1 minute ago, Harry - LCFC said:

I agree. You can offer a limited defence of his performances by saying that our the game/our tactics haven't suited his style, or that he's low on confidence - we should understand that those things can have an effect.

But if those things do apply then the least you can do is put a full effort in, and I don't feel we're seeing that from him.

Yeah and that’s what is frustrating. Puel has given him a lot of chances and just hasn’t taken them. The amount of times he was offside tonight, just because he couldn’t be arsed to get back onside

• Like 1

Desperately needs a loan out in January, however, we're so light up top in terms of numbers it won't happen. His confidence is totally shot, as he would've usually scored from the quick free kick. Needs to go to a Championship club to get that confidence back. 

He is rubbish but weirdly tonight I didn't think it was that he wasn't trying - he just isn't very bright. He's so slow to react to anything that he's always playing catch-up. That worries me about him and for that reason I doubt he'll ever make it in this league, that's not something you can teach.

He just isn't what we need at all unfortunately. Another badly thought out signing.

Don't agree with the jeering though as much as I'm not a fan. No need to blast his confidence.

• Like 2

Lazy 

Can't run 

Can't control the ball 

Can't score 

Basically he is absolute toss 

Ship him out 

He was absolutely useless tonight. Quite why it took so long for Puel to take him off is beyond me 

• Like 1

painful to watch, looks like a strong lad but gets pushed off of the ball like Neymar, constantly offside and throws his arms up in the air when his teammates won't make a tackle that he should. Makes me think Slimani is great........

• Like 1

4 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Can't help but feel terrible about him getting cheered off. 

He didn't deserve that. 

Unfortunately it was an unsurprising reaction, two home games running he's received that kind of reaction.

His half-hearted attempts at closing the opposition down is bound to piss fans off, he trots about the pitch like he can't be arsed the majority of the time. We like to see strikers put in effort, Vardy does it, Okazaki does it, Nugent did it but then comes along Kelechi Iheanacho who is completely opposite.

He might not be a number 9 but he could at least put in some effort.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He is rubbish but weirdly tonight I didn't think it was that he wasn't trying - he just isn't very bright. He's so slow to react to anything that he's always playing catch-up. That worries me about him and for that reason I doubt he'll ever make it in this league, that's not something you can teach.

He just isn't what we need at all unfortunately. Another badly thought out signing.

Don't agree with the jeering though as much as I'm not a fan. No need to blast his confidence.

This.

Vardy is a proper striker with awareness and is always thinking and upsetting defenders.

Nacho just looks uninterested.

Can't remember the game, might have been Liverpool, but a goal kick was about to be taken, and he was walking back towards the centre circle,looking up a the sky with his back to goal.

?

Several times last night he was frustrated at seeing the ball played short, backwards or sideways,  when he was looking for an early long pass for him to run onto in the space Man City repeatedly left behind their back 4. Our players weren't willing to risk trying to put him through. Other times, he was ridiculously slow to get back onside so potential attacking moves were lost. He was slow to put their vulnerable-looking keeper under pressure. Generally his anticipation and reading of situations are poor. 

Edited by Arkie Bennett
To insert a space

Sell Silva in Jan, get a decent Vardy like replacement. Problem on the loan market is that the big clubs are hardly going to loan us someone just to sit on the bench.

Stick Nacho in the reserves to score a hatful to boost his confidence. Albeit you cant help someone who has no footballing brain whatsoever.

Edited by Nalis

7 hours ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

I wouldn’t boo a player but wouldn’t stop anyone who does. I understand he’s isolated and low on confidence but the lest we ask it to put some effort in. Everything he does is half-hearted. The reason you would never see Vardy or Albrighton getting booed off is because they give it 100% every game

Shinji too. You can fault his skill or his ability to stay upright, but never his commitment to the cause or energy. 

Edited by foxinsox

In terms of the backlash to never jeering a player. All I heard was half the ground cheering a sub; the same way you do when someone good goes off. If you’ve not played well and you earn as much as he does you deserve to know about it, it’s simple. 

And be when the entire Kop breaks into the shinji Okazaki song after his 8183832 offside... you know it’s not a minority opinion. 

Edited by AjcW

46 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

All the people saying he's lazy, he doesn't run - he has average workrate for a striker, you've all just been spoiled a bit by Okazaki and Vardy. That said, surely this isn't the right system for him, and he looks quite down on himself. Hope everything works out for him.

What a ridiculous comment 

Spoilt? You mean we've had two strikers that actually want to use their legs, that dont sulk and actually put in the effort to create space and chances? You know......do what they're supposed to do? 

Does that mean Man Utd shouldn't moan about Lukaku because they've had Rooney? 

51 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

All the people saying he's lazy, he doesn't run - he has average workrate for a striker, you've all just been spoiled a bit by Okazaki and Vardy. That said, surely this isn't the right system for him, and he looks quite down on himself. Hope everything works out for him.

I hope you find your client a new club shortly.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

He is just in the wrong team and really lacks confidence. It is hard being a striker in a team that cant create unless it is crossing.

How is a team supposed to create for a striker that doesn’t move. You could see how angry Puel and assistants were getting at him... it’s not just the fans 

Just now, AjcW said:

How is a team supposed to create for a striker that doesn’t move. You could see how angry Puel and assistants were getting at him... it’s not just the fans 

Well we cant create for Vardy either. He gets one shot a game at best.

• Like 1

Wish fans would stop jeering him.

I like him, but he 100% needs more support. Starting with 3 defensive midfielders, Gray who rarely picks his head up to pass and one of the slowest right sides we've ever had in Simpson and Ghezzal (whilst trying to play on the counter) - it's not going to help him is it?

If it doesn't work out for him here, he'll come good somewhere else I'm sure of it.

Edited by Fosse93
  • Like 3

We just don’t have a plan in the final third and he is taking the stick for it. You could just as much blame Vardy, if you were to compare Vardys performance to previous seasons. Or if you look at Okazaki whenever  he has come on, he looks absolutely nothing. 

Its poor from all the forwards this season, we just don’t have a way of playing in that final third.

Yes, Kelechi looks poor, but so does everyone who plays up the top since Puel came. 

If if you were ever to predict a score in a game these days, you just can’t see where a goal is going to come from. We don’t play the balls through to Vardy anymore so his goals have dried up, and with regards to pattern of play and creating chances, it’s the worst I have ever known it in Leicester’s history.

Its like watching kids academy football after half a season. They have been taught how to play it out of the back and through the middle, but they haven’t yet taught them how to play in the final third. 

Edited by Rob1742
  • Like 2