Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

3 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

We just don’t have a plan in the final third and he is taking the stick for it. You could just as much blame Vardy, if you were to compare Vardys performance to previous seasons. Or if you look at Okazaki whenever  he has come on, he looks absolutely nothing. 

Its poor from all the forwards this season, we just don’t have a way of playing in that final third.

Yes, Kelechi looks poor, but so does everyone who plays up the top since Puel came. 

If if you were ever to predict a score in a game these days, you just can’t see where a goal is going to come from. We don’t play the balls through to Vardy anymore so his goals have dried up, and with regards to pattern of play and creating chances, it’s the worst I have ever known it in Leicester’s history.

Its like watching kids academy football after half a season. They have been taught how to play it out of the back and through the middle, but they haven’t yet taught them how to play in the final third. 

The need for a big fvcker up top is more pressing than ever. At least with our uncreative wingers they can just cross and there is hope. Small forwards dont offer much in our team IF we are playing sides that are hard to break down, they cant reach the crosses or hold play up so nothing happens.

1 minute ago, lgfualol said:

The need for a big fvcker up top is more pressing than ever. At least with our uncreative wingers they can just cross and there is hope. Small forwards dont offer much in our team IF we are playing sides that are hard to break down, they cant reach the crosses or hold play up so nothing happens.

If Puel had any intention of doing this he would have put someone out of position to do this when pressing for a goal late on so don’t hold your breath.

19 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Well we cant create for Vardy either. He gets one shot a game at best.

Yeah he’s been poor this season too; but probably just about has the excuse that he needs surgery, we just can’t afford to let him

have it! 

Look ive never felt this negative about a player in my time as a leicester fan. His attitude stinks, end of. There was one point last night where ward needed him to make a run and he was stood looking in the opposite direction, heard the fans screaming at him and attempted some sort of run just as the ball was floating into their keepers hands ten seconds after he should of made the run in the first place lollol 

i understand and the confidence comments and that he’s young. But he just doesn’t care, it’s clear for everyone to see, he could hear the reception last night and he didn’t react to it, if I’d seen him get angry or even jog off or applaud the fans or something or even hold his hands up... I’d have taken that as a sign he gives a shit, but he just doesn’t, and unfortunately we have a few players like that at the minute. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

I wouldn’t boo a player but wouldn’t stop anyone who does. I understand he’s isolated and low on confidence but the lest we ask it to put some effort in. Everything he does is half-hearted. The reason you would never see Vardy or Albrighton getting booed off is because they give it 100% every game

One has to be an absolute idiot, to boo one of our players during a game or cheer when he gets subbed, no matter how bad he is. Not only they're not helping him but they're also harming the team. Criticize him, trash him, whatever, yes, be it in a pub, on the net, in the newspapers or even even in person but after the game.

Absolutely embarrassing.

• Like 3

He is so low on confidence. A striker needs confidence. He can score goals, there is no doubt about that. We have all seen it before a striker struggling for confidence. So why do most of the crowd berate him? Pisses me right off!

Edited by hairy
  • Like 2

Have to say I was a little shocked at the stick he got where I was in the ground yesterday and even more surprised with the cheers when he was subbed off. For me he still looks a little off the pace and not fully fit, but the blame for our lack of goals cannot sit at his feet, the supply is just not there and there was a gaping hole in the middle of the park for us last night when going forward.

I know he cost us a lot of money but it's not fair to lay the blame at his feet theres a number of reasons why he isnt scoring.

10 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Have to say I was a little shocked at the stick he got where I was in the ground yesterday and even more surprised with the cheers when he was subbed off. For me he still looks a little off the pace and not fully fit, but the blame for our lack of goals cannot sit at his feet, the supply is just not there and there was a gaping hole in the middle of the park for us last night when going forward.

I know he cost us a lot of money but it's not fair to lay the blame at his feet theres a number of reasons why he isnt scoring.

ok, so tell me one thing he is better at or even good at than other players at the club, 

He's totally brain dead, being offside from goalkicks is just so lazy, I'm not convinced he even knows the rules of football. 

Big wages, long contract, brainless joke. If someone wants him for 15 million now sell in January and take the hit. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Dont know if its because we've been spoilt with Vardy's movement but Iheanacho seems like the most passive player I've seen for us in a while.

The treatment he's been getting has absolutely screwed him. He work hard enough last night and a confident Nacho is the best player in this squad at first time finishes/or taking it early. He has been poor and lazy at times but I've seen plenty of games where he's worked really hard and because he's got a languid running style, people think he's been lazy.

If people gave him a little bit of support you might actually see something decent.

Several times last night Iheanacho made quick curving runs through their defence - the exact same type of runs that Vardy has been so succesful with - and instead of an early ball played in behind, he'd turn around and it'd be back with Ward. The only player we have who consistently plays those kind of balls (well) is Albrighton.

On the other hand, there were occasions where he'd be clearly offside and made zero effort to get back. At one point at 0-1 he was strolling back from their six yard box, still 30 yards offside, when we'd just won back possession in our own half.

At times in the first half I thought he looked motivated and up for it (whether that was because of the opposition, who knows). At other times, particularly in the second half, he looked bored.

Something isn't working right in this squad - there's a disconnect between defense and attack and players are getting isolated, and Iheanacho is unfortunate that it's making him look even worse as a result. He doesn't seem to be helping himself, though, with his application across the full 90 minutes.

• Like 2

I am sorry but the sooner people wake up to the facts about Iheanacho that he is not a Premiership striker, Man City knew he was lacking that’s why we were able to buy him from them in the first place. He does not help himself as he comes across as lazy and seems to put in very little effort and has yet to understand the offside rules, he reminds me of a rabbit in headlights with not a clue what to do about it.

However our wonderful manager old Clueless Claude could of helped him out by playing Shinji alongside him. But maybe the best thing in the long run for our beloved team would be for Iheanacho and Puel to not let the door smack them up the backside as they both leave the club A.S.A.P.

1 hour ago, wattolcfc said:

Oh the irony... You can’t be offside from goal kicks ? 

Clearly I meant the very long free kicks launched forward from Ward mere yards from his goal, pretty much the same thing :p 

He's still brain dead and needs to go. 

I felt sorry for him yesterday…. He tried, but, was just extremely poor and kept finding himself offside…

i dont think it’s going to work out which is a huge shame…. I had high hopes

i hated the way some ‘fans’ treated him yesterday…. Jeering him off and shouting for Shinji to come on…. Not really helpful is it?

Edited by Wolfox

People are using the same arguments for him they used to for Beckford despite it being so obvious he wasn't good enough  - "he only appears to be shit, because we don't build the side round him and put it on a plate for him".

He's never shown anything like being good enough to earn the right to have all 10 other players being built around giving him service. Man City fans all told us he can't control a football and has no first touch and that he's lazy and a goal poacher you have to put it on a plate for - that's nothing to do with lack of confidence or not being in the right system, it's the player he is.

Now, if he'd shown he was good enough, maybe we could afford him that luxury, but he hasn't shown anything like it.

If anything, he's been incredibly lucky to be given so many chances when he's constantly been undeservedly picked ahead of Okazaki or Maddison despite never showing any glimpses those players have. If he hadn't cost £25mil based on a few sub appearances for Man City, he'd have been playing for the U23s ages ago and we'd have forgotten him and no one would've batted an eyelid given his level of performances have shown he obviously isn't good enough for this level.

• Like 2

I think it’s a case of - most of his goals at Man City were tap ins and being in the right place at the right time. Now he’s being asked to play up top on his own with a lack of support and has to create something out of nothing. If Puel knew we were playing this formation, why have we signed Ian instead of someone like Rondon who is more suited to the system? This manager baffles me. 

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Dont know if its because we've been spoilt with Vardy's movement but Iheanacho seems like the most passive player I've seen for us in a while.

He can't play the same role as Vardy and whilst Vardy's been out that's exactly what Puel has tried to get him to do, he looks isolated and needs more support which he's not getting.

5 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

I think it’s a case of - most of his goals at Man City were tap ins and being in the right place at the right time. Now he’s being asked to play up top on his own with a lack of support and has to create something out of nothing. If Puel knew we were playing this formation, why have we signed Ian instead of someone like Rondon who is more suited to the system? This manager baffles me. 

Because puel didn't sign him Shakespeare did

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, willie-bell-in-rothley said:

ok, so tell me one thing he is better at or even good at than other players at the club, 

Apart from Vardy, tell me who at the club could be doing better, in his position, than he is now? He's being made a scapegoat because so many of us are frustrated and I get it, but i think last night was unfair and would do no good for his confidence.

Just now, Attywolf said:

Because puel didn't sign him Shakespeare did

Fair play I forgot it was Shakespeare that brought him in, even so, Claude should know by now that he can’t count on Ian to play up front on his own. Should have signed another striker. I’m no fan of Slimani but in this system, he’s a better option for us at the moment.

2 minutes ago, J.Lisemore said:

Fair play I forgot it was Shakespeare that brought him in, even so, Claude should know by now that he can’t count on Ian to play up front on his own. Should have signed another striker. I’m no fan of Slimani but in this system, he’s a better option for us at the moment.

Gets caught out blaming Puel for something that had zero to do with Puel and call him ''baffling'' based on that

Proceeds to find another angle on it to maintain bashing Puel

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Gets caught out blaming Puel for something that had zero to do with Puel and call him ''baffling'' based on that

Proceeds to find another angle on it to maintain bashing Puel

Whether he signed him or not is irrelevant really, he’s still playing him in a system that he can’t play in. He could have brought in an alternative or even kept Slim, but  to keep using a player that clearly isn’t suited to what he wants... deluded.