Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Long Eaton Fox

Thank you Riyad

9 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Then run up to the kop and flip the bird.

If that happened and it was his first goal for them it would be tough for him not to celebrate - if it wasn’t then I would expect the ngolo style muted response to scoring. Whilst he may not care too much for the hierarchy of the club, he does respect the supporters. 

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Some of the shite in here is pretty embarrassing and would expect this from pre pubescent lads.

Guy helped us win the Premier League FFS and some of the greatest goals scored and combination goals with Vardy that Barcelona fans would be dreaming of.

Keep hold of the memories NOT the hate.

Feels the same to me as keeping hold of the wonderful memories of the ex who cheated on you

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

It's absolutely nothing like that. I love LCFC, but I don't get confused about emotional attachments. 

Then that's YOUR issue to deal with.

Players/ managers come and go BUT never forget what they did for you.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I won't. I suspect you've missed my point.

Sorry...I should have quoted Josh_baskin Referencing the ex girlfriend thing not your quote!!!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Redouane said:

Mahrez had a huge impact in the second half of last season. No coach in their right mind would play youngsters and risk losing their job due to bad performances - or worse relégation.

Is that not a problem with football now? 

Riyad clearly wanted to leave and we have 3 young players who need game time to see if they are good enough. Riyad was not a long term plan anymore, gray, Barnes and diabate are. We would have finished at best 7th and lowest 1Oth. Should have played a team in prep for this season. As it is Gray seems to be doing well now. Mahrez will go down as one of our best ever players, rightfully so. 

33 minutes ago, HKFox said:

Is that not a problem with football now? 

Riyad clearly wanted to leave and we have 3 young players who need game time to see if they are good enough. Riyad was not a long term plan anymore, gray, Barnes and diabate are. We would have finished at best 7th and lowest 1Oth. Should have played a team in prep for this season. As it is Gray seems to be doing well now. Mahrez will go down as one of our best ever players, rightfully so. 

And do you think that if he got to 10th place, he would keep his job? Clearly not

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

And do you think that if he got to 10th place, he would keep his job? Clearly not

why clearly not? We played well in about 3 games since New Years. 1Oth place and 8th mean very little. Why play a player who wants to go, surely better to develop someone who would be here for the next season. 

2 hours ago, HKFox said:

why clearly not? We played well in about 3 games since New Years. 1Oth place and 8th mean very little. Why play a player who wants to go, surely better to develop someone who would be here for the next season. 

I guess It makes a difference If the player is playing well though. If we didn’t play him for the final half of the season, I can’t imagine we would of got near the same fee for him.

• Like 1

Have a bad feeling for the little Prince. He might be at a club where he continues to win trophies but he wants to play football. He needs to play football.

I thought he was surplus to requirements when he joined Man City and think he’ll not play much.

I can see him somewhere like Roma within a season or so.

Riyad Mahrez finally got his move from Leicester City to Manchester City during the summer transfer window, after struggling to do so in the previous window.

The Manchester club’s pursuit of Mahrez became very public in January, and the Algerian international ended up going AWOL when Leicester City put their foot down and denied the move.

He’ll have no doubt been hugely relieved that Pep Guardiola pushed his club to return for the transfer, but according to Calciomercato, Mahrez wasn’t City’s first choice.

The Italian website claims the man at the top of the list was Juventus’ Douglas Costa, and that those in charge of transfers at the Premier League champions ‘moved in great secrecy’ to try and find a deal for the Brazilian.

However, it’s stated that Juventus had no intention of selling the player, and that, when met with a wall from the Turin club, Manchester City didn’t try to push things further and subsequently walked away from the idea.

Following a transfer window, it’s not unusual for the Italian media to flex their muscles on behalf of Serie A clubs, and Calciomercato has also claimed this weekend that Tottenham made a late offer for Marcelo Brozovic and state Real Madrid were also interested.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/claim-mahrez-wasnt-man-citys-first-choice-club-moved-great-secrecy-sign-brazilian/

I remember the wise old Ranieri saying "be careful what you wish for "to the players who's heads might be turned .

Kante obviously succeeded and is world class .

Drinky obviously regrets leaving.

RM is we all know world class but with so many similar players at Man City will he end up a bit part player looking on from the bench !!  

Vardy said turning down Arsenal to stay at Leicester was an easy decision,

Kasper has often said he knows where he is better off .

HM says he respects the club for keeping him !!!

I still think Ryad has outside influences advising him !!!

We move on as does he but certainly interesting watching him coming on against Wolves for 5 mins of a game where Man City need a goal !!!

• Like 1

On 26/08/2018 at 09:34, Raj said:

Some of the shite in here is pretty embarrassing and would expect this from pre pubescent lads.

Guy helped us win the Premier League FFS and some of the greatest goals scored and combination goals with Vardy that Barcelona fans would be dreaming of.

Keep hold of the memories NOT the hate.

My memory has a habit of holding onto the memory of him sitting at airports in a desperate attempt to leave us then, going on strike and disappearing like a petulant child because he didn't get his " dream " move when he wanted it.  Add to that the impact his egotistical behaviour had on the team and results and it's a pretty awful memory. Oh and let us not forget even when he had gone he was urging Maguire to leave us for a bigger club. Hows your memory on this then?