Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think the wind-up doesn't always come from the amount of air-time but the way the club is often portrayed by the 'experts'. 

Disagree. A lot of our fans are genuinely delusional and think that just because our team may be better on the pitch than some bigger clubs are currently, we’re now magically more marketable and bigger than said big clubs. Also seem to think that tabloids and media shouldn’t allow other clubs to be linked to our players. I understand the whole Sky selling our players for us escapade but now every time a player of ours is linked with a club our fans cryyyyyy.

The reaction on here after we played Sheffield utd on super Sunday and sky swiftly moved on after our game finished around 4.00-4.15 to the 4.30 kickoff, which they do, every single week was hilarious. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree. A lot of our fans are genuinely delusional and think that just because our team may be better on the pitch than some bigger clubs are currently, we’re now magically more marketable and bigger than said big clubs. Also seem to think that tabloids and media shouldn’t allow other clubs to be linked to our players. I understand the whole Sky selling our players for us escapade but now every time a player of ours is linked with a club our fans cryyyyyy.

The reaction on here after we played Sheffield utd on super Sunday and sky swiftly moved on after our game finished around 4.00-4.15 to the 4.30 kickoff, which they do, every single week was hilarious. 

What I find odd is in the situation where there's a none Rich 6 clash on sky at Circa 2.00 on Sunday followed by a Rich 6 team playing at Circa 4.30 and 90% of the Pre-match chat for the early game is about the Rich 6 club playing later. I just wonder how many fans and potential advertisers will take the time to tune in and watch the pre-match chat to the early game. I suspect very few so what is their reason for this? 

1 hour ago, Flappit said:

Cherry picking... well, ok. But we'd need 4 1st place finishes in a row to get our average to 4.4, so we have a way to go ;-)

Or if we continue to take a 5-season rolling average, we'd only need to finish in the top 4 to have that same (or better) outcome.

So again, it not only depends on what data you look at, but how you frame it. 

Its largely irrelevant either way - I couldnt care less if we're classed as a 'big club' because of our prior performance if right now we're in the mire (e.g. Arsenal), and equally not being a 'big club' doesn't matter if we're currently performing as if we were in that bracket anyway (as LCFC is currently doing). 

1 hour ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

I’ve got a great idea for a thread!

We could have one place where we gather all the articles and broadcast material about Leicester City that other fans might have missed and post it for them to enjoy.

If it’s not a good idea, we could just chuck those articles in the ‘Endlessly making the same point about the Big 6’ thread.

The big sex thread?

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not being funny but that was 30 years ago. That's a generation.

The likes of Newcastle Leeds and Everton remember.That’s why you would get laughed out of any pub in Newcastle Leeds and Liverpool if dared to suggest we’re comparable with them.Let alone the next bracket up.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

The likes of Newcastle Leeds and Everton remember.That’s why you would get laughed out of any pub in Newcastle Leeds and Liverpool if dared to suggest we’re comparable with them.Let alone the next bracket up.

In all fairness I was in Newcastle last weekend working and the two on-site maintenance engineers were big Newcastle fans. They couldn’t speak highly enough of us, admitted they were jealous and that we were are far better club from top to bottom.

• Like 1

Forest were never considered a big club during the Cloughie years.Despite regular high league positions and final appearances.I know some will say that their attendance weren’t great etc etc.Compared to Leicester though they were light years ahead.Better ground and yes bigger gates+Clough was backed.They paid one pence off a million quid for Trevor Francis a full 15 years before we broke 7 digits,and that was only because we got our first P/L cheque.Forest always struggled for big club recognition because of the Nottingham bit in their name.Just like Leicester will.

• Like 1

Just now, foxile5 said:

Clearly but its a big six mini league with 7 in it. 

Yeah, it includes us as not one of the big 6, I'm not explaining myself well...its not a big 6 tournament type thing, it was just to show that Chelsea haven't been beating the typical big 6, even though they are one of them, but leicester, who isn't a big 6 club,  has been taking points off them. 

2 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

Yeah, it includes us as not one of the big 6, I'm not explaining myself well...its not a big 6 tournament type thing, it was just to show that Chelsea haven't been beating the typical big 6, even though they are one of them, but leicester, who isn't a big 6 club,  has been taking points off them. 

I had gathered. I was being a bit obtuse and hoping to rabble rouse. 

28 minutes ago, Strokes said:

In all fairness I was in Newcastle last weekend working and the two on-site maintenance engineers were big Newcastle fans. They couldn’t speak highly enough of us, admitted they were jealous and that we were are far better club from top to bottom.

I can believe it.They must be jealous as hell.My sister married one and he loves what we are doing.The whole structure of the place and the way we play.If you press him on who’s the bigger club though,there’s only one answer.I think I’ve read in a previous post that you like the underdog tag.That’s exactly how I feel.Must admit I’m getting cocky.Didn’t watch the game on Tuesday.I listened on the radio.As soon as we scored I knew we’d won.So I took the dog out.I knew Chelsea wouldn’t score.Yet when we beat them 15/16 I was a shaking quivering wreck.