Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

7 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

That's absolute garbage. Fofana (or whoever's arm it was) was stuck out horizontally whereas Werner's was down his side - using arms at all made it a closer call than it actually was.

Think it was Maddisons, they used his sleeve line which about came to his elbow. I guarantee if the ball hit his arm where they started the measurement that it would be given as handball.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

"We'll do our business in the background. Let them talk about Liverpool, Manchester United and Spurs. We'll just keep doing what we're doing."

Thank you James Maddison. This is the mentality the players are taking and the fan base should adopt exactly the same thinking. 

No no, we need to be talked about constantly, but only in positive terms, because that's good and we like that. Any hint of negative talk and we'll pile in to how they "haven't watched us" and are in the "pockets of the elite" or some stuff like that.

I tell who is one of the biggest bell sniffers when it comes to us is Max Rushden. I listen to the Guardian's thrice weekly podcasts and he honestly doesn't know what to say about us, openly admits it and is almost proud that he goes out of his way not to have much of an opinion on us. It's prats like that that make what we are doing all the more sweeter as it just shows up their lack of integrity and professionalism of providing high level opinion and analysis of the game. They only have that content for the tired cliches of the supposed big 6 and teams like us rip apart their actual talent as a footballing pundit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I tell who is one of the biggest bell sniffers when it comes to us is Max Rushden. I listen to the Guardian's thrice weekly podcasts and he honestly doesn't know what to say about us, openly admits it and is almost proud that he goes out of his way not to have much of an opinion on us. It's prats like that that make what we are doing all the more sweeter as it just shows up their lack of integrity and professionalism of providing high level opinion and analysis of the game. They only have that content for the tired cliches of the supposed big 6 and teams like us rip apart their actual talent as a footballing pundit.

Agree - I listen to several podcasts of that ilk and they all suffer with the same cognitive dissonance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gerard said:

That's a very naive statement, he's judging us on perception as we're "only" Leicester City. If this squad of players played for Arsenal he wouldn't have said that.

Just looking at the betting Man City are second favourites this season at 4/1 on Betfair and we beat them 5-2 this season.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are nowhere near the teams they were and PSG ain't that great either. Whilst we wouldn't be seen in the group of potential winners we wouldn't be listed with the no hopers either. We'd be one of those considered a dark horse like a Dortmund. 

Saying we'd never win the Champions League is like saying we'd never win the Premier League or laughing when Vichai said we wanted to be in the top 5 within 3 seasons.

Every team is always more likely not to win the competition they enter at the start of a season. That's why you never see a team odds on to win a trophy at the start of a season. It's always easier and the safer bet to say X team will not win Y trophy.

It's always more likely that we will never win the Champions League. But if we start qualifying for it regularly then one day we really could. We're a very, very well-run club. Pundits should never put anything beyond our reach again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

In today's TalkSport episode of "completely ignoring what you said yesterday", Adrian Durham is full of praise for Brendan Rodgers, a day after saying his one-man team would be bottom half without that man. Who've just won three matches in a row without the man scoring.

Well what he also said today to try and back up yesterday, was that with Jamie Vardy soon to be retiring, if Rodgers was offered a job at one of the elite clubs, he might think it's a good time to go, obviously suggesting that with no Vardy we are doomed, without even taking into account how good our recruitment has been at replacing other so called irreplaceable players in the media's eyes . This was basically after going on about how we are not an elite club, and saying that in his opinion we will never be one, and generally belittling us, suggesting that Rodgers was too good for us, or we wasn't good enough for him .  I was hoping none of our fans would bite, and respond, because that's the reaction he's trying to get. I can understand why some did, but they were falling into his trap. If no one responded they would stop coming out with stuff they know will wind our fans up because they wouldnt be getting the calls they want and need. It's not known as talkshite for no reason, and Adrian Durham is the one that comes out with the most shite on there, and he has plenty of other presenters on there for competition!

• Like 3

Durham disrespectful to the Leic fan who rang in. Yes we're not an elite club in many aspects, but neither were Chelsea til the late 90s. We may never have the huge fanbase, but we have potential since 2016 to really build a profile.

We need consistency and a couple of trophies in the coming couple of years. It's a lifetime of difference to the club pre-2015! 

To be fair I'm more suprised he's took the stance to get our lot to phone when he'd get loads more idiots if he started saying we're better and have better players than Everton and Tottenham. I dont think thats even being very controversial either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RGFox said:

Durham disrespectful to the Leic fan who rang in. Yes we're not an elite club in many aspects, but neither were Chelsea til the late 90s. We may never have the huge fanbase, but we have potential since 2016 to really build a profile.

We need consistency and a couple of trophies in the coming couple of years. It's a lifetime of difference to the club pre-2015! 

He's a wind up merchant, it's what he does. He does it with all clubs at some point to be fair.

He's best ignored. Having said that, I do think that if Rodgers was offered a so called elite job he would be off, but that wouldn't mean it would be the end of our progression. We have fantastic players, and could still attract a top quality manager, and I would trust our club to get it right.

• Like 1

Hmm, a lot of dissing of TalkSport on here, by the looks of it understandably so. The answer is simple: don’t listen to garbage like that. 

Don’t mind me, I’m just feeling supremely chuffed at my refusal to switch on Stringer & his lap dog until after the final whistle yesterday. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

He's a wind up merchant, it's what he does. He does it with all clubs at some point to be fair.

He's best ignored. Having said that, I do think that if Rodgers was offered a so called elite job he would be off, but that wouldn't mean it would be the end of our progression. We have fantastic players, and could still attract a top quality manager, and I would trust our club to get it right.

Yes people like Durham are total plonkers, all done to get a reaction, but the media are running scared, because there are other people coming to the party, not just the Foxes. Lets lie low for a while until they cannot dismiss us as a so called elite team, whatever that is? is it just about money, yes.

If we fail they will just say I told you so, if we do get there, it makes them look stupid, but they will just say that they always thought it was possible, total morons.

Why the media like these plastic teams like chelski is strange, you would have thought an up and coming team would be news? 

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The People's Hero said:

Its been pointed out a few times here so I'm wasting my breath but just to reiterate; Adrian Durham and all the others who want people to listen and to phone in, REGULARLY flip flop on opinions and adopt ridiculous/controversial views to get people to ring up and get wound up and then they can cut them off mid sentence.

None of it is real. Don't worry about it.

Seriously, I'm trying to help you all.

If you can't help but get wound up, then don't listen to Talksport, its not good for people like you!

I didn't listen, it was retweeted on my timeline, I was expecting him to flip flop on his views.

I haven't listened to his show for years.

6 minutes ago, Corky said:

I didn't listen, it was retweeted on my timeline, I was expecting him to flip flop on his views.

I haven't listened to his show for years.

Can someone share the link for the clip please? I can’t find it. Thanks 

Why does everyone say we're not a big club? Even Leicester fans enjoy calling us little Leicester for some weird reason and reminiscing about a season in League One.

Leicester is a big city. We pack the stadium every week and would fill 40,000 every week if we had the stadium for it. Just because we've not had ambitious owners in the past doesn't mean we're not a big club. Even when we had next to no funds in the 90s we had success, three cup finals, two qualifications for Europe, top half Premier League finishes.

And if we go back 40-50 years we were in alot of cup finals back in that era, had no end of well known players including providing the two main England goalkeepers Banks and Shilton, Lineker, we've had iconic players like Frank Worthington. This isn't just a recent thing. Personally I find it an extreme put down every time someone says we're not a big club, using that as a reason why we shouldn't be where we are. Why?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

"Because it's Leicester" is quite possibly the most stupid, nonsensical reasoning for claiming a club is not capable of winning something I've ever heard. Yet hardly any pundit would write Spurs off despite them not winning a major trophy in 30 years.

Comparing our squad to all the others and only Liverpool and Man City can rival our quality. I never thought I'd see the day where Leicester are better than Man United. If there was a Premier League best 11, there must be at least four or five Leicester players in there. What a time to be alive!

Just now, 4everfox said:

"Because it's Leicester" is quite possibly the most stupid, nonsensical reasoning for claiming a club is not capable of winning something I've ever heard. Yet hardly any pundit would write Spurs off despite them not winning a major trophy in 30 years.

Comparing our squad to all the others and only Liverpool and Man City can rival our quality. I never thought I'd see the day where Leicester are better than Man United. If there was a Premier League best 11, there must be at least four or five Leicester players in there. What a time to be alive!

I think in his defence, he wasn't saying it on his own behalf, but was summing up a general attitude.

It reminded me of Lawro, the dismissive buffoon, who was asked in 2016 if we could win it. When asked why he said no, his detailed explanation was 'because they can't; they won't.'

• Like 1