Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

53 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hell of a lot of positivity about us....

I'm annoyed that Arse got a man sent off because it is uses as an excuse for our complete dominance. Even with 11 men we would likely have won the gane and dominated them in every measurable stat. Arsenals whole approach was terrible and on top of that there are some real passengers in their side (Mkhi, Iwobi, Mustafi etc). 

If we do our transfer business correctly in the summer I truly believe we can hunt these down, as well as Chelsea and Man Utd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hell of a lot of positivity about us....

Love the bit when Merson talks about Higuain being too old to be a top striker in the Premiership because he’s 30.  Makes you value Vardy even more...

Can Leicester City challenge the top six? The pundits have their say
City have beaten three of the current top six already this season.

ByRob TannerLeicester City Editor
22:00, 30 APR 2019

Leicester City can break into the top six next season, believes football pundit Ian Wright.

City boss Brendan Rodgers and the City board have declared that is their ambition in the near future, to challenge the supremacy of the established top six, and the former Arsenal and England striker believes City’s young, emerging squad has the talent to do it.

City have beaten Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal this season, and Wright sees no reason why they should be dismissed as candidates for Europe in the future.

“What I saw Leicester do the other day to Arsenal, and I know Arsenal weren’t great, I think they can,” he said on BBC 5Live.

“With Leicester, and the money he is probably going to pump into that club, and with Brendan Rodgers, they have got everything already for me.

“They have the goalkeeper, the back four, they’ve got the new training ground, they have a brilliant young midfield and Jamie Vardy is still firing with energy still in his legs

"If they add to that they will be a team, alongside Wolves with the capabilities they have upstairs, they have the capabilities to challenge.

“If they lose Harry Maguire they would probably be able to replace him, as good as he is.

“It is not fanciful for them to finish in the top six.”

His fellow pundit and former Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea striker Chris Sutton agreed with the assessment, but said a lot would depend on whether they could retain their best players.

“Was it fanciful for them to win the title? Yes,” he said.

“Is it fanciful for them to finish in the top six? No. Not with the talent they have.

“It would be great if Leicester don’t become a selling club, as they did previously by selling Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez. They are a young, talented team.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/can-leicester-city-challenge-top-2816595

52 minutes ago, davieG said:

Leicester City can break into the top six next season, believes football pundit Ian Wright.

City boss Brendan Rodgers and the City board have declared that is their ambition in the near future, to challenge the supremacy of the established top six, and the former Arsenal and England striker believes City’s young, emerging squad has the talent to do it.

City have beaten Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal this season, and Wright sees no reason why they should be dismissed as candidates for Europe in the future.

“What I saw Leicester do the other day to Arsenal, and I know Arsenal weren’t great, I think they can,” he said on BBC 5Live.

“With Leicester, and the money he is probably going to pump into that club, and with Brendan Rodgers, they have got everything already for me.

“They have the goalkeeper, the back four, they’ve got the new training ground, they have a brilliant young midfield and Jamie Vardy is still firing with energy still in his legs

"If they add to that they will be a team, alongside Wolves with the capabilities they have upstairs, they have the capabilities to challenge.

“If they lose Harry Maguire they would probably be able to replace him, as good as he is.

His fellow pundit and former Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea striker Chris Sutton agreed with the assessment, but said a lot would depend on whether they could retain their best players.

“Is it fanciful for them to finish in the top six? No. Not with the talent they have.

“It would be great if Leicester don’t become a selling club, as they did previously by selling Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez. They are a young, talented team.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/can-leicester-city-challenge-top-2816595

Make your mind up Chris... Are we mediocre or do we have the potential to challenge?

• Like 1

Are we really a selling club? We’ve sold three first teamers in three seasons. One was because we got more value than by selling to a CL club, one was a much better deal for us and the other we managed to hang on to longer than anybody thought we would.

The reality of buying from us is that you’ll really have to want to buy the player because you’ll pay through the nose to do it 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I really do think Ian Wright is miles ahead of any pundit. We know he loves arsenal but he always gives credit when it's due. He never talks bollox like the rest. Always thought he was an honest player. Seems he's took that into his punditry. 

• Like 1

I really hope the club see the massive opportunity to get in the top 6 next season with 3 out of the 6 really needing an overhaul of their teams. Chelsea - likely to lose Hazard and have a transfer embargo, Arsenal - need a defence & a midfield, Man U - seemingly losing a number of 1st team players and need a large injection of quality & have a questionable manager in my opinion.

I can't remember another season where the top 6 looked so attainable. Even when we won the league.

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Are we really a selling club? We’ve sold three first teamers in three seasons. One was because we got more value than by selling to a CL club, one was a much better deal for us and the other we managed to hang on to longer than anybody thought we would.

The reality of buying from us is that you’ll really have to want to buy the player because you’ll pay through the nose to do it 

No Kante we had no choice as he had a sell on clause. Drinky with his injuries says it was the perfect time. Also the correct decision. 

Had we forced Mahrez to stay any longer the dressing room would have turned toxic. Also Chelsea wanted Drinky when they got Kante and we told them NO. 

If Maguire goes this summer the money will be used to strengthen the team. That to me don't make us a selling team. Sotton are the definition of a selling team. Sell three players every season and pocket the money. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

I really hope the club see the massive opportunity to get in the top 6 next season with 3 out of the 6 really needing an overhaul of their teams. Chelsea - likely to lose Hazard and have a transfer embargo, Arsenal - need a defence & a midfield, Man U - seemingly losing a number of 1st team players and need a large injection of quality & have a questionable manager in my opinion.

I can't remember another season where the top 6 looked so attainable. Even when we won the league.

I do think two of those three are there for the taking next season. I also think it's in our hands to do it. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I do think two of those three are there for the taking next season. I also think it's in our hands to do it. 

I tottaly agree. We just need to get the additions right in the Summer. A proven goal scored to take the pressure off Vardy and a Winger that can chip in with goals and assists.

the two I'd like is Giroud from Chelsea and Redmond from Southamption.

then I think we could make a serious challenge for the league again.

Edited by Clever Fox
Predictive give text error

23 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

:wes:

:claudio:

It's as if he was a different Mauricio Pochettino until the 2015-2016 season, then went into a coma, only to come back to life, but without remembering anything that happened prior to May 2017...

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I tottaly agree. We just need to get the additions right in the Summer. A proven goal scored to take the pressure off Vardy and a Winter that can chip in with goals and assists.

the two I'd like is Giroud from Chelsea and Redmond from Southamption.

then I think we could make a serious challenge for the league again.

Not sure how a Winter? Is going to get us goals. Unless it's the ref lol lol