Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

Also think Giroud could be a really shrewd signing. We've done well adding the odd experienced player to a young squad in recent years and I think he fits the mold. He's underrated.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2019 at 11:40, urban.spaceman said:

:wes:

:claudio:

Hadn’t realised he’s now been there for 5 seasons which makes it more confusing the press constantly bigging  him up when he’s won three grand sum of nothing . 

Chris Sutton really is remarkable. You can just sense the sheer bitterness in everything he says about us - even there, you can tell that the faint praise he gave us in accepting that we could potentially challenge the Top 6 was through gritted teeth, and he still had to get a snipe about us apparently being a "selling club" in there to cut us down to size.

Absolute melt. :brendan_still:

Edited by OntarioFox

4 hours ago, Stadt said:

Are we really a selling club? We’ve sold three first teamers in three seasons. One was because we got more value than by selling to a CL club, one was a much better deal for us and the other we managed to hang on to longer than anybody thought we would.

The reality of buying from us is that you’ll really have to want to buy the player because you’ll pay through the nose to do it 

All at differing points of course as well. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davieG said:

Can Leicester City challenge the top six? The pundits have their say
City have beaten three of the current top six already this season.

ByRob TannerLeicester City Editor
22:00, 30 APR 2019

Leicester City can break into the top six next season, believes football pundit Ian Wright.

City boss Brendan Rodgers and the City board have declared that is their ambition in the near future, to challenge the supremacy of the established top six, and the former Arsenal and England striker believes City’s young, emerging squad has the talent to do it.

City have beaten Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal this season, and Wright sees no reason why they should be dismissed as candidates for Europe in the future.

“What I saw Leicester do the other day to Arsenal, and I know Arsenal weren’t great, I think they can,” he said on BBC 5Live.

“With Leicester, and the money he is probably going to pump into that club, and with Brendan Rodgers, they have got everything already for me.

“They have the goalkeeper, the back four, they’ve got the new training ground, they have a brilliant young midfield and Jamie Vardy is still firing with energy still in his legs

"If they add to that they will be a team, alongside Wolves with the capabilities they have upstairs, they have the capabilities to challenge.

“If they lose Harry Maguire they would probably be able to replace him, as good as he is.

“It is not fanciful for them to finish in the top six.”

His fellow pundit and former Blackburn Rovers and Chelsea striker Chris Sutton agreed with the assessment, but said a lot would depend on whether they could retain their best players.

“Was it fanciful for them to win the title? Yes,” he said.

“Is it fanciful for them to finish in the top six? No. Not with the talent they have.

“It would be great if Leicester don’t become a selling club, as they did previously by selling Kante, Drinkwater and Mahrez. They are a young, talented team.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/can-leicester-city-challenge-top-2816595

Has Chris found the key to the liquor cabinet! Praise for Leicester completely trumping the idea Rodgers should have stayed put!!! Maybe he’s seen the light ?

17 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I can see you're a stickler for perfection. Hopefully it stays fixed this time.

No CF not me. But I knew they where typo/auto corrects. I would never try to make someone look stupid because they can't spell. To me that's bullying. It was just funny to me you saying it was fixed and auto fvck up had fvcked you over again. 

It was pointed out in jest and I'm sorry if it offended you. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=651569738625094&id=609235039525231

Hope the link works. 

People question why I hate spuds. Well the video is one of their own. Yet they have slagged the poor girl off. I'd like to think we have no one that fvcking sad. But as much as I hate them I've nothing but respect for this poor girl. 

What a sad fan base they are. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Hope the link works. 

People question why I hate spuds. Well the video is one of their own. Yet they have slagged the poor girl off. I'd like to think we have no one that fvcking sad. But as much as I hate them I've nothing but respect for this poor girl. 

I don't see anything to slag off or ridicule.

Like most people with Downs syndrome, she knows how to enjoy life.

Bless her.

• Like 3

Guest Markyblue

Why the f..k would anybody slag that young girl , it says more about them than her. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Hope the link works. 

Every set of fans has its idiots... see ours on twitter wishing death on old people who don't stand at away games. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Why the f..k would anybody slag that young girl , it says more about them than her. 

Has anyone actually seen a tweet or comment slagging her off? Sympathy clicks and likes are the easiest to get especially when combined with outrage. It is very possible that it is just a ploy to get popular content.

We didn't exactly sell Kante by choice it was his contract clause .Drinky was good business as he was hanging on to the players around him and Riyad was a very keen to try his wares elsewhere great price and he  may well have had second thoughts since.

the other deals have been a bit of a mess

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

No CF not me. But I knew they where typo/auto corrects. I would never try to make someone look stupid because they can't spell. To me that's bullying. It was just funny to me you saying it was fixed and auto fvck up had fvcked you over again. 

It was pointed out in jest and I'm sorry if it offended you. 

Hi Sylo, No offense at all taken, I was laughing myself at the fact that although I fixed it, I never checked it again before hitting send. Funnily, I'm actually quite good at spelling though the old grey matter is failing a bit lately.

Cheers, enjoy the game on Monday.

4 hours ago, evil jack said:

Bless her.

No one with half a brain would. 

4 hours ago, evil jack said:

Bless her.

That's what infuriates me. That girl would never wish any ill on the people commenting and yet they choose to treat her like she's sub human. I hope Tottenham as a club organise something and she gets to meet the players 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Seems like Harry Kane has invited the girl to be a mascot at a Spurs game. I know you can be cynical and say it's a minor thing for him but credit to him. Hope her and her Dad have a sick day

Brilliant. 

Random request:

I don't suppose anybody has the link to that video on sky sports where they ask spurs fans who will win the league and the bloke laughs and says it won't be leicester.

I love that video.

Edited by wattolcfc