Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They'll get about £80m for Erikson in his last year at most... so that means their entire budget is probably going to be £50m lol

Wasn't it quoted as 50m plus anything they could raise from player sales? Anyway, they won't be stumping up the cash needed to take any of the young lads off us imo. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Wasn't it quoted as 50m plus anything they could raise from player sales? Anyway, they won't be stumping up the cash needed to take any of the young lads off us imo. 

Sure and Arsene Wenger had a "war chest" every year after the Emirates was built he just mysteriously never felt like buying anyone. 

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but sometimes you have to read through what's written to what's really meant. 

Edited by Finnegan

11 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

They made huge profits least year and spent absolutely nothing. I'd be utterly amazed if they suddenly started spending £100m +. They'll use what they can to pay off the stadium quickly, whilst buying cheap young players to replace the likes of Erikson. 

Considering Maddison  has 4 years left on a 5 year contract, is a player that is central to leicesters plans and we don't need the money i would have thought we wouldn't sell for much less than £100 million to a potential rival for next season in the prem. Same goes for Ricardo and Chillwell.

I think with teams like arsenal/tottenham the goal will be to remain competitive (top 6 is fine as it gets your euro place) for the title knowing you wont win but throw a hail mary and hope for the best. They clearly  will want to pay down their stadium debt and it makes complete sense. If they can somehow maintain top 6 over the next 10 plus years then their spending power will become bigger as they've paid further down their debt.  Thing is kane, son and company wont wait that out. They will want to move to a serious contender sooner than later. I think Arsenal will probably come out of this better than the spurs will. Will be interestjng to seee the league in 10 years and how things have changed. 

On side note i hope we are champions again before the 10 years go. Will put the  magic mushrooms away  now.

Edited by Jattdogg

On 03/05/2019 at 17:05, yorkie1999 said:

I hope we can manage to keep hold of these players but, everytime i read articles like this i get the feeling that the vultures are hovering and ready to nab them.

If there is one consistent thing about our owners it is that they do not sell players that we want to keep. In this Top is a chip off the old block. 

Arguably Harry Maguire is now less essential, so might be sold, but I reckon on the rest of the first team being with us next season. 

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

At least they have some sensible fans. 

4B9FA6C2-61A5-4E5C-9B09-B5566459B9FD.thumb.png.d4ea636096bd548c87b1e74d5a9ae184.png

Someone i know had laser eye surgery, said it didn't rectify his eyesight sight but he didn't need glasses anymore to squint at things.!!

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Spurs have a model and they should and will stick to it.

Airfix or Revel?   Whichever it is, you can rest assured there will be some important parts missing.

• Haha 2

Guest Markyblue
13 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Airfix or Revel?   Whichever it is, you can rest assured there will be some important parts missing.

Spurs are the football version of the wizard of oz tin man ,no heart.

46 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

£70mil for those three lollollol I swear to god that place requires your parents to be twins to be a member on it

We know the price is £40m for Tielemans.

So that's £30m for Chilwell and Riccardo who are arguably the best full back pairing in the league and if not the best almost certainly the best behind Liverpool. Deluded fvcks.

I remember someone posting on here last season that on the Everton forum they'll see how we go with Maddison and if he's any good they'll buy him of us this summer. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

The pulling power of Spurs - knowing you will fail whenever it is important every single time. Their story is a comic tragedy. Failure is their only option. Who would really want to go to spurs?  

Lets see after tonight. Champions league final is a fairly big pull.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Lets see after tonight. Champions league final is a fairly big pull.

its not like they would get to play in it for them though is it, it's now or never for Spurs they won't get back the the CL semi finals again

42 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

its not like they would get to play in it for them though is it, it's now or never for Spurs they won't get back the the CL semi finals again

Sad thing is its not impossible they go far next year in the champions league too.

2 hours ago, Gerard said:

We know the price is £40m for Tielemans.

So that's £30m for Chilwell and Riccardo who are arguably the best full back pairing in the league and if not the best almost certainly the best behind Liverpool. Deluded fvcks.

I remember someone posting on here last season that on the Everton forum they'll see how we go with Maddison and if he's any good they'll buy him of us this summer. :D

Do we?

Doesn't shock me about Everton either. Cannot understand this mentality that they can sign players from us. Then again some of ours do it to Wolves.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, dayday said:

That Joe Clash is the biggest Cnut out of the lot of them.

His statement is true though. Maddison has previous for anti-Spurs tweets and there’s a rumour on there that he turned them down in the summer. :D

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

That’s just based on some made up personal hatred of a club we have no rivalry with.