Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

That’s just based on some made up personal hatred of a club we have no rivalry with.

Or it’s just my opinion on a club that doesn’t spend much money who are likely to lose their key creative player

15 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can’t accuse them of bottling that one. Every bit as big a come back as Liverpool.

Liverpool needed to score 4 and did. Tottenham needed to score 3 and did. How's your maths? Need some help?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bit random but I had a bit of a read of RedCafe about us under Rodgers. It is funny how many of them genuinely rate us above them. This is Manchester United. Amazing really.

You’d expect that biggest of clubs, with its huge corporate and overseas support and its high-priced mercenaries, to have insufferable fans.

Unlike most of you, my knowledge of other fans is mostly limited to their forums … based on Red Cafe I think Man U are surprisingly sound.  A lot of knowledgeable and self-aware posters on there.  Some entitled ones, but frankly we have veered in that direction ourselves, with less reason to.

It’s one of the better forums IMO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Bit random but I had a bit of a read of RedCafe about us under Rodgers. It is funny how many of them genuinely rate us above them. This is Manchester United. Amazing really.

They have some good players but also some absolute toilet ones. They gave Phil Jones and Ashley Young new contracts. Wage bill out of control and an inept manager who's completely out of his depth. This is the best chance we have of finishing above both United and Arsenal, and possibly Chelsea too. This is a big opportunity for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

You’d expect that biggest of clubs, with its huge corporate and overseas support and its high-priced mercenaries, to have insufferable fans.

Unlike most of you, my knowledge of other fans is mostly limited to their forums … based on Red Cafe I think Man U are surprisingly sound.  A lot of knowledgeable and self-aware posters on there.  Some entitled ones, but frankly we have veered in that direction ourselves, with less reason to.

It’s one of the better forums IMO.

United fans in general have calmed down massively since they realised their club was an absolute mess based on the Moyes/Van Gal appointments.

i quite enjoy their self loathing attitude at the minute to be fair, they are usually pretty knowledgable about football as well. Still detest the club though and couldn’t of wished a darker period on a nicer club. It’s just funny. 

Under Ferguson they were absolutely horrendous, mind. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Koke said:

United fans on RedCafe are the most level headed reasonable and knowledgeable set of fans out there. It's one of the better sites. The Man City forum might as well be Infowars.com. 

And yet, disappointingly, I bet the Bluemoon forum 10, maybe even 5 years ago was probably also one of the most level-headed, grounded and sound forums of football fans. Success goes to head. From the quick browsing any decent poster on Bluemoon is drowned out by the conspiracy theorists.

58 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

And yet, disappointingly, I bet the Bluemoon forum 10, maybe even 5 years ago was probably also one of the most level-headed, grounded and sound forums of football fans. Success goes to head. From the quick browsing any decent poster on Bluemoon is drowned out by the conspiracy theorists.

It was, even in 14/15 it was full of mostly sound posters. I’d imagine since Guardiola’s arrival there will have been an even bigger glut of international fans on the bandwagon. Not that international fans are inherently annoying but usually they’ve not experienced the hardships that jade and wear down a fanbase into a level headed bunch.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It was, even in 14/15 it was full of mostly sound posters. I’d imagine since Guardiola’s arrival there will have been an even bigger glut of international fans on the bandwagon. Not that international fans are inherently annoying but usually they’ve not experienced the hardships that jade and wear down a fanbase into a level headed bunch.

The Algerians must be testing the patience over on bluemoon!

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The Algerians must be testing the patience over on bluemoon!

They've apparently piped down.  I haven't seen a single post about a rugby club.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

They have some good players but also some absolute toilet ones. They gave Phil Jones and Ashley Young new contracts. Wage bill out of control and an inept manager who's completely out of his depth. This is the best chance we have of finishing above both United and Arsenal, and possibly Chelsea too. This is a big opportunity for us.

This is exactly the kind of opportunity that can only possibly end in relegation lol 

In all seriousness I agree and I really do think with some shrewd investment we could finish in the top six next year.

On 08/05/2019 at 14:49, ARM1968 said:

The pulling power of Spurs - knowing you will fail whenever it is important every single time. Their story is a comic tragedy. Failure is their only option. Who would really want to go to spurs?  

Hmm, this post aged well.

• Haha 2

On 09/05/2019 at 12:35, Dan LCFC said:

I tend to have a look at other forums and generally views on us are quite positive. I wouldn't say we're hugely admired in football but people seem to see us as a decent team with good players and mostly the appointment of Rodgers was seen as an ambitious move.

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

I tend to have a look at other forums and generally views on us are quite positive. I wouldn't say we're hugely admired in football but people seem to see us as a decent team with good players and mostly the appointment of Rodgers was seen as an ambitious move.

Strange, I always seem to see other (top  6) forums refer to us a Littlewooda catalogue.

("I’ll have that one, oh, and that one...")