Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
richieboy

Harry Maguire and Man U

Having watched the dreadful performance of the Man U defence at Brighton, Harry Maguire must be delighted he stayed at Leicester. I know they could improve in the 2nd half but they are not very good. Incidentally how would Anthony Knockaert have performed if he hadn't been transferred to Brighton.I was always a fan of his      

Man U would probably have trebled his wage and dropped several noughts on his agent, I can understand the incentives for the move and wouldn't begrudge him personally.

Fact is though that we hold all the cards, he's on a long term contract and we don't want or need to sell. He seems relatively happy here and we should probably give him another contract here to represent his value some more and quahs some of the rumours. All together though I dont really see the point in goading Man United, they might be in a state but as the richest football club in the world they should realistically be able to buy anyone they want to

1 hour ago, richieboy said:

Having watched the dreadful performance of the Man U defence at Brighton, Harry Maguire must be delighted he stayed at Leicester. I know they could improve in the 2nd half but they are not very good. Incidentally how would Anthony Knockaert have performed if he hadn't been transferred to Brighton.I was always a fan of his      

Can I place an money on this not being the case ????

• Like 1

Man Utd will finish above us and will probably make the final of a trophy so I doubt Maguire will be "delighted".

Mourinho gets a lot of criticism (I know they do play awful football) but they still finished 3rd last season, made an FA Cup final and the year before won the Europa League.

But nowadays, after all their dominance under Fergie, their biggest rivals in Liverpool are (probably) better than them now and their City rivals are way ahead. 

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, richieboy said:

Was always personally gutted that Knocky didn't get much of a chance with us in the prem. Pearson was a great manager, but I don't think he gave Knockaert a fair crack at it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Man U would probably have trebled his wage and dropped several noughts on his agent, I can understand the incentives for the move and wouldn't begrudge him personally.

Fact is though that we hold all the cards, he's on a long term contract and we don't want or need to sell. He seems relatively happy here and we should probably give him another contract here to represent his value some more and quahs some of the rumours. All together though I dont really see the point in goading Man United, they might be in a state but as the richest football club in the world they should realistically be able to buy anyone they want to

I had no intention of goading Man U,I have nothing against them, so I'm not sure where you get that idea from. He may well have increased his wages dramatically, but happiness can be more important than massive wages and I cant see he would have been happy working under Maurinho or in that poor defence although in due course he may well go to them. My post was to wonder if he would want to play for them at the present time ,which I don't think would improve him personally.  

6 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Was always personally gutted that Knocky didn't get much of a chance with us in the prem. Pearson was a great manager, but I don't think he gave Knockaert a fair crack at it.

Knockaerts problem was the arrival of Mahrez into the same position. Simply a better player, at least at that time.

• Like 1

Man U. are a very rich club, but big money doesn't necessarily mean success. Yes, of course does, but not always. They have great players, but they are not gelling, as are Man. C. and Liverpool.. They have a manager, who I think is overrated. If he was managing a team that does not have huge money, imo. he would be only average. He will only go to clubs that are well healed with big money for him to spend, so he will never be tested as such. A pity.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Man Utd will finish above us and will probably make the final of a trophy so I doubt Maguire will be "delighted".

Mourinho gets a lot of criticism (I know they do play awful football) but they still finished 3rd last season, made an FA Cup final and the year before won the Europa League.

But nowadays, after all their dominance under Fergie, their biggest rivals in Liverpool are (probably) better than them now and their City rivals are way ahead. 

United were actually second last season .. four points more than Spurs

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Knockaerts problem was the arrival of Mahrez into the same position. Simply a better player, at least at that time.

True, but we could (and should) have tried them in slightly different positions. Knocky was better than Nugent, and could've played behind the striker, for a start (or indeed Mahrez could've played there and Knocky on the right). And I'm sure we Schlupp as a winger a lot of the time. We easily could've fit him into the squad.

I don't know if it's that Pearson didn't like too many "flair" players, or whether something went on behind the scenes between them. Maybe Pearson headbutted his wife, or something.

33 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

True, but we could (and should) have tried them in slightly different positions. Knocky was better than Nugent, and could've played behind the striker, for a start (or indeed Mahrez could've played there and Knocky on the right). And I'm sure we Schlupp as a winger a lot of the time. We easily could've fit him into the squad.

I don't know if it's that Pearson didn't like too many "flair" players, or whether something went on behind the scenes between them. Maybe Pearson headbutted his wife, or something.

Wasn't knocky in and out of the club that last season because his dad was really ill? Hence choosing to leave and go to Liege so he was closer?

5 minutes ago, mad biker said:

You can St but you`d lose it :-)  Harry is more than happy at Leicester and never had any intention of leaving.

Not saying he isn’t MB and I’m sure his people told him whilst he was in Russia that we wouldn’t entertain any offers full stop. Hence his happy demeanour in public - also no point in moping around over it 

To say that a player would rather be at Leicester than at Man United is what I’m commenting on. I struggle to believe it. 

Yep, can understand that, maybe one day when they don`t have a head case in charge and something resembling a happy set up and good team spirit people may actually want to play for them, the simple case here is that the whole Manure thing was total and utter invention.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

Wasn't knocky in and out of the club that last season because his dad was really ill? Hence choosing to leave and go to Liege so he was closer?

Yep. His Dad got poorly that season. Pearson gave him extended leave for periods. 

Just to add sometimes players just aren’t quite ready for the step up, then they improve and they are ready. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

They actually finished 2nd.

Still playing shite football though and they might finish 4-5th this one.

3 hours ago, richieboy said:

Yeah, no. 

For all their apparent woes between us and them it's a no-brainer. They're still levels above us in terms of quality, means and ambition. 

Edited by That_Dude

Man united are that bad, how did we do against them, so how good are we?.

Jose may not be at United come the end of the season, but either way, they will comfortably finish above us, and could get just about any player in the world to sign for them, I hate them, but they are a massive club, and if they really wanted maguire, he’d be there now, they would have paid the money, and maguire wouldn’t have thought twice.

15 hours ago, Bazly said:

"England defender Harry Maguire has the ability to be a success at Manchester United, according to Leicester City teammate Jonny Evans."

If we bring shit like Evans to play for LC then probably Maguire is too good for us. 

Reckon he has the ability to be a success at Leicester too then. 

Marvellous stuff ! 

It’s clear Manchester United don’t have a clear plan or strategy in the long term. Their transfers are scattergun and wasteful - in comparison Manchester City have a clearly defined way of operating. Mourinho’s win at all costs mentality is fine and dandy when you’re winning but now he’s spitting out excuse after excuse rather than show any sort of accountability, he’ll last the season but he’ll get the chop at the end. 

They should have acted this summer, can’t see anybody being available next summer so they’ll have to try and tempt a settled manager in Allegri or Simeone (unlikely they’ll leave) or take a chance on an up and coming coach.