Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
richieboy

Harry Maguire and Man U

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Think he will still end up there next summer though, with or without Mourinho. Think Man City would be a great move for him though. 

Didn’t Pep tell KDB Harry is very slow??

17 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Didn’t Pep tell KDB Harry is very slow??

He did in that documentary and told KDB to exploit it. Not sure that would put him off signing him though as not many CB's who aren't slow. I think Maguire fits into Pep's style and would really suit playing out from the back, similar to Stones.

On 19/08/2018 at 19:08, The Doctor said:

Wasn't knocky in and out of the club that last season because his dad was really ill? Hence choosing to leave and go to Liege so he was closer?

Yes, I think the club actually got him the move, like Gallagher 

Edited by yorkie1999

Guest MattP

Don't think it's going to be a surprise he'll want to be playing in things like the Champions League very soon.

If we want to keep players like him that's what we need.

Just as Mahrez was always going to Man City, Maguire will go to United, there has been a conversation, he is the right player at the right time for them,and Maddison will be the next, N’didi the next oh and Chilwell albeit to different bigger clubs with a need for that type of player.

in the months after he kicked off, no ther club showed any interest in Mahrez.....it was agreed in December, auctioned in Summer.

Didn't like his interview on MOTD, wouldn't have hurt him to say "I love playing for Leicester and I'm here to stay" even if he didn't mean it, not "yeah well there was interest but the owners said I'm not for sale so I suppose I'll just keep my head down for the rest of the season"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

The Maguire interview on MOTD suggested he was here for this season only.

It did?  He confirmed that the owners told him he wasn’t for sale ...... he didn’t make a statement that there wasn’t anything in it as he was set on staying here and had no intentions of moving on. The owners could say the same thing next summer. 

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Didn't like his interview on MOTD, wouldn't have hurt him to say "I love playing for Leicester and I'm here to stay" even if he didn't mean it, not "yeah well there was interest but the owners said I'm not for sale so I suppose I'll just keep my head down for the rest of the season"

Pretty sure he said the owners made it clear he wasn’t for sale in May, so he hadn’t contemplated it. He loves the club, is grateful for us giving him the platform to have the summer he just had and is looking forward to the season ahead.

Much rather he made that clear and truthful statement than giving it ‘Leicester till I die’ before heading off to Everton for 50p/week more.

Hard to tell as it's all fence sitting his want to keep everyone on side at LCFC, whilst not putting any interested parties off.

All this talk of people saying he love the club, makes me laugh, get real!

He's a Sheffield United fan, came though there ranks, he had way more love and attachment to that club than LCFC, but still left.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard to tell as it's all fence sitting his want to keep everyone on side at LCFC, whilst not putting any interested parties off.

All this talk of people saying he love the club, makes me laugh, get real!

He's a Sheffield United fan, came though there ranks, he had way more love and attachment to that club than LCFC, but still left.

Hard to disagree with any of that.

All any of us can ask is that he gives his all while he's with us, which he seems to do. It's been mentioned in this thread that we need CL football to keep him but I think he'd still go next summer if one of the Manchester teams wanted him, regardless of whether we had CL football or not (Used as an example, not a realistic aim). 

• Like 1