Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frost

Morgan

20 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

How have we signed 3 central defenders, loaned one out and the other two are not fit?  Mental.

have a look around other teams in the league and a lot of new signings are not making first team squads Fabinho for Liverpool, Mina for Everton for example haven't made the squad yet , it takes time to get up to speed and you will start to see new signings bedding into their teams around October, November.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

have a look around other teams in the league and a lot of new signings are not making first team squads Fabinho for Liverpool, Mina for Everton for example haven't made the squad yet , it takes time to get up to speed and you will start to see new signings bedding into their teams around October, November.

silva still not there....

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Mina is injured as was Soyuncu. Soynucu said he joined Leicester as he was promised first team football, so I expect him to start once fit. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

Most of that you could also say about Maguire certainly stray passes and heading into no mans land or even the opposition as for the goal if you look carefully after Ricardo was bundled over both Morgan and Maguire were in a similar position re stopping Robertson and both were in two minds about risking a flying tackle.

I agree there was a load of players who could have done better for the 1st but I disagree re the stray passes/heading the ball into no mans land, of course most players will do it every now and then under pressure the difference is though wes does it when he’s not under pressure... that being said we bayed for him to be dropped for Evans and he seemed no better ?

Soyuncu will be starting soon against Bournemouth, if he gets minutes for Turkey over the International Break.  Puel's style of play requires speedier CB's to assist with the press.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

am starting to think this is so - thanks god we rummaged down the back of the  sofa and found mendy - iborara has far more presence than silva

I agree,  really hoped Silva would be an upgrade on Drinkwater but he's shown nothing to prove this will be the case.. Just think the guy is too lightweight for the PL... Disappointing. 

• Like 2

Thought Morgan had a decent game on Saturday, actually thought he was better than Maguire (dons tin hat) 

Soyuncu will come in when fit & ready as we need a quicker centre back to partner Maguire or Morgan to cover the attacking Periera and Chilwell....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I agree there was a load of players who could have done better for the 1st but I disagree re the stray passes/heading the ball into no mans land, of course most players will do it every now and then under pressure the difference is though wes does it when he’s not under pressure... that being said we bayed for him to be dropped for Evans and he seemed no better ?

Well I have to disagree I've often commented to my son about the times Maguire has headed the ball straight to an opposing player and misplaced passes to be fair most CBs unless world class do it it tends to be where they make the most mistakes.

The problem is and we're all guilty of it to some extent but players tend to meet people's expectations of them because they're looking for either the good or bad to prove their point. Not saying that's you but it is a well known subconscious act.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davieG said:

The problem is and we're all guilty of it to some extent but players tend to meet people's expectations of them because they're looking for either the good or bad to prove their point. Not saying that's you but it is a well known subconscious act.

Put better than I ever could.

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Thought Morgan had a decent game on Saturday, actually thought he was better than Maguire (dons tin hat) 

Soyuncu will come in when fit & ready as we need a quicker centre back to partner Maguire or Morgan to cover the attacking Periera and Chilwell....

Agreed, I'm a huge fan of Maguire (who isn't) but thought Wes was playing v.well in both games, on Saturday and against Southampton. The ol' captain still has it, imo. I understand some of the fans' frustrations, that he can't pass, his legs are gone etc... but when you look closely at his play, he's rarely been a culprit to us conceding a goal this season. He blocks well, his sense of positioning is most of the time spot on. Too soon to send him packing especially when we don't know if Evans or the other guy are any better atm. Hopefully Puelinho won't make him a safe & permanent fixture in the starting 11 though and Evans and the Turkish guy will compete for the place in the starting line up with him. Tbh I'm slightly underwhelmed with both of the signings but let's see what they're made of on the pitch. I'd especially like to see more of that Caglar bloke in the cup games

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Agreed, I'm a huge fan of Maguire (who isn't) but thought Wes was playing v.well in both games, on Saturday and against Southampton. The ol' captain still has it, imo. I understand some of the fans' frustrations, that he can't pass, his legs are gone etc... but when you look closely at his play, he's rarely been a culprit to us conceding a goal this season. He blocks well, his sense of positioning is most of the time spot on. Too soon to send him packing especially when we don't know if Evans or the other guy are any better atm. Hopefully Puelinho won't make him a safe & permanent fixture in the starting 11 though and Evans and the Turkish guy will compete for the place in the starting line up with him. Tbh I'm slightly underwhelmed with both of the signings but let's see what they're made of on the pitch. I'd especially like to see more of that Caglar bloke in the cup games

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

thing for me is I never feel like Wes is in control it feels like everything he does is reactionary and in a panic rather than proactive reading of the game and control.

Also on the first goal after Ricardo went down I felt Wes should have got over to confront Robertson but he just stood there until it was too late

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Wes hasn't actually done too badly in the 3 games that he's played. But it's not so much what he's done wrong as what we're missing by having him in the team. Having a quick ball playing defender in his place will make us so much better defensively and offensively. That's why I'm so keen to see Söyüncü play asap. 

This is a very good argument, and one that many miss. At this level, we need players to make an impact, in every position. 

• Like 1

On 01/09/2018 at 18:23, OhYesNdidi said:

His lack of composure is worrying. He needs to cut out those passes back to Kasper all the time. Hopefully Sonyuncu is fit for Bournemouth 

Probably my main criticsm of Morgan. He was alright but he uses Kasper way too much. It shows his lack of composure and his inability to use the ball confidently.

Other than that his defending has been alright. 

On 03/09/2018 at 00:45, st albans fox said:

Wes’ problem is that the opposition are happy for him to have the ball and simply don’t bother to press him or completely go for him. They know he won’t play a dangerous ball forward or he will turn and play it back to kasper or possibly panic. If Evans or Soyuncu play then they have to think carefully about pressing either as they can play a good ball out. dropping wes will give us better options  against ‘sitting teams’. I assume once Soyuncu is fit that he and harry will be the regular two. 

Two things worry me about Wes.

Firstly this post is spot on about his play. It is either pass to Kasper, or hoof, or sideways pass, all after careful thought.

Secondly, everyone seems to blame Puel for our slow starts, but I am sure he doesnt tell the players to let the opposition dictate and dominate until they score? Surely as Captain, Wes should be really getting on at players, waking and shaking them up. He is on the field, he is our captain and leader, but he just seems to leave all the shouting to Kasper. After Salah missed that sitter, Wes just stood around, but did nothing to wake the players up. A few minutes later we were 1-0 dowm. I would have thought this is what being a captain is about?

Edited by ThaiFox
mispelt

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

thing for me is I never feel like Wes is in control it feels like everything he does is reactionary and in a panic rather than proactive reading of the game and control.

Also on the first goal after Ricardo went down I felt Wes should have got over to confront Robertson but he just stood there until it was too late

Agreed.

15 hours ago, davieG said:

So did Maguire

To be fair, Wes was alot closer than Harry.

On 04/09/2018 at 11:08, dbtcity said:

Based on one game?  Morgan’s career is littered with poor games especially the last two seasons 

On 04/09/2018 at 22:56, Koke said:

Probably my main criticsm of Morgan. He was alright but he uses Kasper way too much. It shows his lack of composure and his inability to use the ball confidently.

Other than that his defending has been alright. 

I’ve always thought the same.  His mental ability is still good, I just think he’s lost his quickness and he’s aware of it.  He doesn’t want to challenge the opponents as he used to.  The one thing still in his favour, other than his understanding of the game, is his physicality...when possible.