Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 2018/19

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I think he’s saying VAR shouldn’t be used for marginal decisions like that.

But he is offside. 

If your team went out of the cup or got relegated because a blatant offside was "too marginal" for VAR to overturn you'd be livid. 

Edited by Finnegan

I'm starting to doubt my own sight here, how are they doubting this offside in the studio? This still on screen for the next 45 seconds clearly show his foot ahead of the Southampton defender does it not?

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I'm starting to doubt my own sight here, how are they doubting this offside in the studio? This still on screen for the next 45 seconds clearly show his foot ahead of the Southampton defender does it not?

It's been a quiet half and they don't have advert breaks. Creating drama. 

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But he is offside. 

If your team went out of the cup or got relegated because a blatant offside was "too marginal" for VAR to overturn you'd be livid. 

Yes I would, he’s looking at it from a neutral point of view I suppose, all the pundits for some reason think it should of stood!

7 minutes ago, Apollo said:

His foot is in line with defenders shoulder! WHY CAN YOU NOT SEE

This - I thought it was fairly obviously offside just by looking at his foot at first, but after seeing how far over the defender's shoulder was - it's nowhere near as obvious as it first appeared...

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

His foot is blatantly off no? 

i genuinely think his foot is no further forward than the defender’s shoulder. but they’ve drawn the line at the defender’s foot despite it not being the furthest thing back? 

even if his foot is still further forward than the shoulder and he is offside we’ve got bloody big issues if we can’t even draw the line in the right f ucking place 

• Like 1

I would suggest it was an attempt to say Var-ghorn but then again it was Shearer so it wouldn't be that in depth and was more Vag (no girly bit jokes please) than Varg, just sounded like he was trying to give an authentic pronounciation of a dutch or german name. To Waghorn? Just odd really!

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Danny Murphy is a joke 'ah come on' etc. 

Yes, nice move and cruel on Derby but Waghorn was marginally offside so whats the fvckin problem

17 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Waghorn was offside. Only issue for me was the wait. Right call in the end though.

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Come on lads, it was offside albeit half an arms width.

12 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I think he’s saying VAR shouldn’t be used for marginal decisions like that.

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But he is offside. 

7 minutes ago, Apollo said:

In line with the defenders shoulder

this is this the issue with using var for tight calls - comes down to opinion, not clear like the goal line tech 

I don't agree not disagee...but arent angles and measure of doubt also something to be taking into account...

A few years ago...even fIFA said,in shadow of doubt (certain angles maybe??) The forward should have the advantages...

Tho' the refs never really followed it!!I

Just my opinion,and many moons ago I played in defence(but not my 1st-or-priority sport)...I always thought it would be fair to say a forward,

should be a body(ca: a yard ) In front before being called!!  Even a defence pushing out should be able to carry that!!

Don't forget both sides can play on the brink...

I don't believe VAR is the problem,but failing in giving clear cut rules,and allowances will be....Not forgetting VAR is being tested,so fans ,and irrate Pundits alike

Should calm down a little!!!  

So if you have a degree of allowances....one could say goal should be allowed,all participants before season/competition starts should be informed...

Ditto...IF.  Authorities decide no leeway...offside is offside seen from only VAR-camera angle and not anything else...private phones/cameras etc!!!

Or is that too much common-sense!!!  Plus there will always be border cases and they as far as possible,can be taken into account in future VAR update

during or after season!!! We are on this planet to learn..c'est vrai n'est-ce pas!!..

Danny Murphy getting annoyed that VAR checks every goal (whether it goes to an extended check or not) amuses me so much because that is literally the point of VAR and he absolutely hates it lol

Although I bet if it was a Liverpool game and it meant they benefited from it he'd be well on for it.

• Like 1