Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 2018/19

Now we’re out I don’t want the big boys playing each other and opening up an opportunity missed. 

Lower league sides mostly got

disappointing draws. Unlucky for them.  

TV games most likely to be: 

arsenal v man utd

palace v Spurs 

AFC Wimbledon v West Ham 

Man City v Burnley 

BT will probably put barnet v Brentford on  a Friday night. 

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Arsenal v Man Utd.

So, 2 of the 6 we now need to win the tournament out before the end of January. Almost like saying "let's aim for 7th and get into Europe, sod the cup" is utterly stupid

Its sickening. I'm still  livid that we've just tossed our chance away.

20 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Yeah criticise him for playing a weakened team when they are fighting for the title and still in the champions league. 

You’re a good sensible poster Corky you know full well why Puel is being criticised and Klopp won’t be. 

I know why he did it but I don't think it's right that some teams can be excused (those in a relegation battle especially, being crap shouldn't mean you give up on the cups) and others can't. Puel has been criticised and correctly so.

Surely it is worth doing well in for everyone?

Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday/Luton will kick off at 18.00 on Sunday 27th January. 

Tottenham are away at Crystal Palace the same day but kick off at 16.00. Surely with a bit of common sense they could have swapped their kick off times around to potentially help Sheffield Wednesday fans get home a bit earlier.

Tv picks 

25th January 19.55 BBC1 Arsenal v Man Utd

26th 12.30 BT Sport2 Accrington v Derby/Southampton 

26th 17.30 BBC1 Millwall v Everton 

26th 19.45 BT Sport2 AFC Wimbledon v West Ham

27th 16.00 BT Sport2 Crystal Palace v Spurs

27th 18.00 BBC1 Chelsea v Sheff Wed/Luton

28th 19.45 BT Sport2 Barnet v Brentford

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday/Luton will kick off at 18.00 on Sunday 27th January. 

Tottenham are away at Crystal Palace the same day but kick off at 16.00. Surely with a bit of common sense they could have swapped their kick off times around to potentially help Sheffield Wednesday fans get home a bit earlier.

I swear they just pick clubs who have good away followings because they know they'll still fill out whichever day. Man Utd/Southampton/Everton/Sheffield Wednesday all awful KO times but will all still take the full capacity. 

3 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Tv picks 

25th January 19.55 BBC1 Arsenal v Man Utd

26th 12.30 BT Sport2 Accrington v Derby/Southampton 

26th 17.30 BBC1 Millwall v Everton 

26th 19.45 BT Sport2 AFC Wimbledon v West Ham

27th 16.00 BT Sport2 Crystal Palace v Spurs

27th 18.00 BBC1 Chelsea v Sheff Wed/Luton

28th 19.45 BT Sport2 Barnet v Brentford

Millwall at half five on a Saturday. 

The pubs in that decrepit part of the capital will be doing a brisk trade that afternoon. 

I pity the poor scousers. 

Edited by boots60

On 11/01/2019 at 19:29, boots60 said:

The pubs in that decrepit part of the capital will be doing a brisk trade that afternoon. 

It is in something of an industrial estate but to be fair, there's a decent microbrewery near the screw fix around there (Fourpure I think?) and the bermondsey beer mile isnt too far away.

On 11/01/2019 at 19:29, boots60 said:

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

It is in something of an industrial estate but to be fair, there's a decent microbrewery near the screw fix around there (Fourpure I think?) and the bermondsey beer mile isnt too far away.

I'm sure your right about there being an occasional drinkers oasis. My point was more to do with the mentality of the locals after an afternoon session on the sauce.

I have always been aware that trouble is never far away on my visits to Millwall, especially when a "big" side is in town & a half five kick off spells trouble.