Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

FA Cup 2018/19

7 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Most of the mid table teams our out.

Missed opportunity yes, but a lot of teams are guilty of that.

I was being sarcastic.

It is not easy to go and win and lower league sides let alone beat them and march on to the final. Holding Puel responsible for us losing to Newport after he picked a team featuring 6 PL winners looks more ridiculous with every passing FA Cup result.

Tha reality is that none of the teams outside the top 6 are anything special. Expecting us to be so in the season after selling the greatest player in our history is ridiculous nonsensical.

Have a pop at the playing style all you like but the level of vitriol aimed at Puel after the Newport game was crazy. He made changes anybody else would have made and was let down by the players.

10 hours ago, Jaspa said:

That team should've been good enough to beat Newport County. Nacho did nought, Ghezzal wasteful til he scored, Wes got done by a young lad in the box, Fuchs let a League 2 mid-table winger stand him up to run past him, Okazaki wasted a couple of chances at 0-0 and Albrighton decided to put his open palmed hand ontop of his head to block a cross off in the box going into injury time. It was an absolutely shocking performance but on paper those players should've been able to obliterate Newport. Puel was wrong for picking an unfit Matty James and sending the lads out clearly undermotivated & seemingly pre-hungover in demeanour.

Man City League Cup game was different, both played "weakened teams"(rotation) going into the busiest part of the season and made it to pens, Vardy should've played but we don't know if he was injured or not, he looked class against Chelsea away not long after and then completely useless against Cardiff.

I'm massively disappointed we're not playing today aswell.

But it wasn’t our strongest team, our players have a week off again today because of our failure against Newport, it’s an insult to the supporters to play a second string, whether the second string should of been good enough is irrelevant, we lost, and we were beaten in the following 2 games after the “rest” 

We could of had a good cup run but no they’re all sitting with their feet up this weekend, just because other teams field a weakened team doesn’t mean we had to, we should of given ourselves the best chance possible to progress but we didn’t.

Apologies for the rant btw just fed up with what used to be a fantastic cup competition 

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

I was being sarcastic.

It is not easy to go and win and lower league sides let alone beat them and march on to the final. Holding Puel responsible for us losing to Newport after he picked a team featuring 6 PL winners looks more ridiculous with every passing FA Cup result.

Tha reality is that none of the teams outside the top 6 are anything special. Expecting us to be so in the season after selling the greatest player in our history is ridiculous nonsensical.

Have a pop at the playing style all you like but the level of vitriol aimed at Puel after the Newport game was crazy. He made changes anybody else would have made and was let down by the players.

kinda agree. especially with all the stuff i’ve seen on social media today. 

at the end of the day, united, city, chelsea and spurs are still in the cup and we would get comfortably beaten by all of them (as we have in all the cups since puel has arrived). 

wouldve been nice to “take it seriously” but at the end of the day we all know that whether it be the 3rd round or the final, as soon as we drew a top 6 team we would’ve lost. 

ps. i miss riyad mahrez. 

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Why is it always ****ing Millwall? 

Has there ever been a football club whose fans are more proud of legitimately, actually being scum bags? 

Michael Avery, from Millwall Supporters' Club, said the chants and fighting were the actions of a "mindless few" and something the Championship club have been working hard to eradicate.

I would love to know how hard they're working to eradicate it - do these fans get suspended or banned?

All well and good mentioning they win 'family club of the year' as some kind of retort to the racist chanting but it should be a pre-requisite of any club's fans to walk in to a stadium and not go ahead and racially chant something lol

Every time the BBC during the game at The New Den yesterday got the camera on some disabled and ethnic minority Millwall supporters, there was always someone around them either rudely gesturing or swearing around them.

One can question why the former indivduals dare to even turn up watching a game there knowing it's a club that is known for thuggish supporters.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Every time the BBC during the game at The New Den yesterday got the camera on some disabled and ethnic minority Millwall supporters, there was always someone around them either rudely gesturing or swearing around them.

Isn't that just football? 

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

It's on BT isn't it?

Bet the FA are hoping Chelsea and Spurs win and kept apart from Man U and City .

One thing I'm not keen on is that they have a rehearsal before the draw is supposedly done for real. How do we know that the draw is actually done live... I mean that could have been take nine or ten, and then they go with the draw where the big teams avoid each other. 

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

One thing I'm not keen on is that they have a rehearsal before the draw is supposedly done for real. How do we know that the draw is actually done live... I mean that could have been take nine or ten, and then they go with the draw where the big teams avoid each other. 

If that was the case, you wouldn't have got Chelsea vs Man City a few seasons ago or even Arsenal vs Man Utd on Friday?

49 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Today's fixtures are ridiculous.

Palace vs Spuds is a 4pm yet Chelsea vs Sheff Wednesday is a 6pm.

Why not put the 2 London clubs as the late kick off??

more to the point why isn’t there a 2pm game? or half 1 or something. 4 o’clock and 6 o’clock on a sunday, since when were they the kick off times. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Ah yes, that's it, the second draw behind the grassy knoll. It all makes sense now.