Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

Yet again another first half where we've gifted the opposition the lead, at least we started slightly better but ultimately we still went 1 down inside 20 mins again. Somehow we are worse defensively the longer Puel is manager which goes completely against his reputation and the fact we've blown a wedge on new defenders.

I'm fairly unamused with all this, we need massive improvement otherwise we can have all these promising youngsters but they'll soon be gone when we get binned.

• Like 1

The irony of the fact that we are trying to play a possession game but regularly being beaten by our old style, press hard and counter. Are we improving under Puel? Not really.

Are his signings of high enough quality for this league? That's yet to be seen.

I don't really want a new manager, but i do want us to go back to doing what will get the best out of these players. This possession game isn't working for us at all.

• Like 3

A side that went down 4-0 didn’t play well— not sure why there are several folks on here trying to say we weren’t that bad. 

If we’re going to play Ricardo at RB, the CBs need to play like superheroes and one of the CMs will have to drop back. Unfortunately, Wes and Harry didn’t have their best showings. 

I don’t think we’ll get consistent production out of Ghezzal or Gray, which will continue to be a problem. 

I see what Puel is trying to build, and he’s made some shrewd acquisitions, but maybe it’s time to admit that he might not be the best at setting up and managing his team to actually win games.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

PUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------Schmeichel-----------------

-------Soyuncu--Evans--Maguire-------

Periera----Mendy---N'didi-----Chilwell

------------------Maddison------------------

-----------Iheanacho----Vardy---------

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He will never go for that 

20 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

PUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evans!! Did you see his 5 minutes today? WBA have had us over on this one, he's never played football in his life.

He makes Wes look like (insert name of any decent defender here). I had high hopes for Evans, but I'd rather play Benny tbh.

Just now, steveherbe said:

Evans!! Did you see his 5 minutes today? WBA have had us over on this one, he's never played football in his life.

He makes Wes look like (insert name of any decent defender here). I had high hopes for Evans, but I'd rather play Benny tbh.

Yeh WBA really had us over one selling us their player of the season 2 seasons running for £3million when they were getting offered £25million the summer/winter before.

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Yeh WBA really had us over one selling us their player of the season 2 seasons running for £3million when they were getting offered £25million the summer/winter before.

I'll ask again, did you see his 5 minutes today? All opinions of course, dont want to start a war or summat, but imo, he was dreadful. Seen him twice this season, today and against Wolves. And if he's a PL CB, so am I!

Does anyone know how many hundreds of corners we've taken since we last got our head to the ball first, let alone scored off one? It's almost laughable. Don't want us to go full on Pulis but set pieces are a decent source of goals for any team, as the World Cup showed, and it looks like we don't even practice them. Wasted so many again today. 

4 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

I'll ask again, did you see his 5 minutes today? All opinions of course, dont want to start a war or summat, but imo, he was dreadful. Seen him twice this season, today and against Wolves. And if he's a PL CB, so am I!

I did see the 5 minutes today... Such a huge amount of time to judge a player on, who has played over 300 games in the Premier League and 200 for Man U! 

A steal of a signing at the price and will be our starting CB for the next couple of seasons once Puel drops Wes or a new manager comes in. 

Edited by STUHILL

23 minutes ago, Shane said:

Atletico should have been our blueprint imo. We could have been the best in our league with that style, instead we’ve overhauled everything to be a b-tech Arsenal. 

Wasn't that what we were trying to do under Shakespeare? We needed somewhat of an overhaul as we had an ageing squad and you could argue that we were getting found out. I do think that we've perhaps gone too far the other way though. We needed to work on our ball retention because it was quite frankly embarrassing before and we were constantly under pressure as a result. I think there's a balance to be had. 

Just now, STUHILL said:

I did see the 5 minutes today... Such a huge amount of time to judge a player on, who has played over 300 games in the Premier League and 200 for Man U! 

A steal of a signing at the price and will be our starting CB for the next couple of seasons once Puel drops him or a new manager comes in. 

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I fervently hope you are right and I'm wrong, and he goes in to be a City legend.

6 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Does anyone know how many hundreds of corners we've taken since we last got our head to the ball first, let alone scored off one? It's almost laughable. Don't want us to go full on Pulis but set pieces are a decent source of goals for any team, as the World Cup showed, and it looks like we don't even practice them. Wasted so many again today. 

Premier League stats show approx. 3% chance of scoring from a corner. This season Leicester have averaged just over 3 corners per game.

8 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I've been very disappointed in Maddison's set pieces so far. Free kicks and corners have been as bad as anything we've had to put up with in the last 4-5 seasons.

3 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I fervently hope you are right and I'm wrong, and he goes in to be a City legend.

Not sure he will become a city legend but judging by the career he's had in the Premier League so far and the fact clubs like Arsenal were looking at buying him for 25million only last season as well as him being WBA's Captain and player of the season 2 out of 3 seasons, he has hardly turned into a bad player over night!

Hope I'm right too but been wrong before admittedly 

43 minutes ago, Shane said:

Atletico should have been our blueprint imo. We could have been the best in our league with that style, instead we’ve overhauled everything to be a b-tech Arsenal. 

We almost got relegated trying to stay with that style. 2 managers got sacked trying to play it. If anything we were a btech Atletico after title win, except 100000 miles off because nobody could pass.

Edited by lgfualol

48 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

PUEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know he has been a 4231 man his whole career... which is why he is a Wenger MKII... won't change system

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've been very disappointed in Maddison's set pieces so far. Free kicks and corners have been as bad as anything we've had to put up with in the last 4-5 seasons.

Agree his delivery has been poor. But I also think we are really lacking strong, physical players who are good at winning headers for Maddison to aim at. Only Maguire looks remotely like winning a header so other teams just crowd him and we are left toothless.

Just now, lcfceaves said:

You do know he has been a 4231 man his whole career... which is why he is a Wenger MKII... won't change system

I do, but it will cost him his job if he doesn't change that stubbornness IMO and he may start to realise that sooner rather than later. 

Today we were torn apart, due to individual mistakes yes, but mostly to do with the system he used. Periera and Chilwell are no strong enough defensively and Vardy is too isolated on his own. If he can't see that, then he has no right managing in the Premier League 

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Agree his delivery has been poor. But I also think we are really lacking strong, physical players who are good at winning headers for Maddison to aim at. Only Maguire looks remotely like winning a header so other teams just crowd him and we are left toothless.

Maguire, Morgan or Evans and Ndidi are enough to be causing opposition problems. Iborra gave us more options last season. It's another reason for us to move to 3-4-1-2 and get another CB and Iheanacho in there too.