Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

The thing that worries me most about Puel is he seems to have a really bad result in him. Palace last season and now this. If we lose 4-2 to a top 6 team then fine but we shouldn't get smashed by teams like Bournemouth. We are always going to lose and draw some games but when you're 3-0 down at half time then there is definitely something not right. Regardless of chances created and whether they only had 4 shots, the fact is they took their chances and we didn't. We move on but i wouldn't want to see us taking anymore hammerings off teams outside the top 6, home or away! 

No doubt fans will blame everything on Puel and Wes lol 

Postives - We started well for once and we ended up scoring two goals.

Today was just one of those days where everything seemed to go wrong, you can pin the loss on Puel but simple defensive errors cost us today. Yet again Ricardo showed us that he isn't a right-back, there's a reason why Puel has played him on the wing sometimes or brought Amartey on in games and pushed him forward because he's much better there, Ricardo is a better winger than he is a right-back. It also didn't help matters that Harry Maguire produced his worst ever performance for us, he was a shambles all game. Match was summed up with Wes getting sent off and Pawson proving yet again that he's a shit ref.

The run we have now till early December is favourable, this period is make or break for Puel, I'll start to worry when we are dropping points at home to shit teams again.

Huddersfield next, don't beat them then we have problems.

• Like 2

Simple fact of the matter is we concede too many goals. Not many teams have conceded 4, 5 and 5 in 3 of the last 5 away games. Bournemouth were clinical today, granted, but there are so many simple mistakes. Maguire and Morgan, whilst both poor today, were left so exposed and up against Fraser, King and Wilson running at them on more than one occasion. If we're going to play Chilwell and Ricardo then we either need Albrighton for balance.

I feel as though it's going to be a repeat of last season whereby we finish in mid-table obscurity because we're a country mile off the top 6, not good enough for 7-8th but there are so many poor sides to elevate us a little higher. 

• Like 1

People thinking we deserved a point need to hand in their football supporter memberships now.

I’ve seen worse, but yet again the team was sent out with a distinct lack of focus, motivation and organisation.

A sign of how bad it was was how much Maguire and Morgan struggled.

• Like 1

Think we need to go 3 at the back with Chilwell and Ricardo down the flanks which will benefit both of them. Did not play the Ref well either today, Morgan sent off because he bottled the decision to send off Maguire and penalty given because he did not give the first one. Not sure how Gosling stayed on the pitch poor challenge on Maguire and nasty on Vardy no attempt to play the ball just kicked the man. Created plenty of chances but you cannot concede 4

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I'm absolutely astonished that we can create like 6 clear chances and only score 2 (1 from a penalty as well). Defensively we were as poor as I can remember in a long time - like end of Ranieri era poor.

Quick CB needed desperately.

We've just spent £15m on one,  who can't even get on the bench for some reason.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'm going to continue to post this.

Why the **** are we not looking to play 3 at the back? It suits our entire side.

Defence

Soyuncu - Fast defender with a reputation for making mistakes. Would have the ability to play on the right of a back 3 with less fear of being caught out.

Evans/Morgan - Slowing but physically impressive defenders that can lead a defence. 

Maguire - We all know how good he was for England in a back 3.

Wing Backs

Ricardo - Can't defend but looks genuinely good on the front foot. Playing in a back 5 allows him to play to his strengths.

Chilwell - His best asset is his motor. Having him play up and down the left would be an absolute joy. Perfect for him.

Midfielders

Ndidi - One of the best ball winners in the league. Let him mop up in midfield all day.

Mendy/Silva - Less defensive responsibilities. Give them a chance to get on the ball and play.

Attackers

Maddison - Playing in the hole is his forte. He looks a million dollars and we need to play to his strengths and keep him there.

Iheanacho/Gray/Okazaki - All three are decent PL strikers that can chip in with assists and goals.

Vardy - Has looked so isolated for about  8 months now. Please play him with a striker partner.

Schmeichel

Soyuncu Evans Maguire

Ricardo Ndidi Mendy Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy Iheanacho

AKCJ in!!

• Like 1

Personally I don’t know where we go from here. Sack Puel and it’s someone like Big Sam coming in. Yeah few wins here in and there but as soon as we’d hit 12th, we’d go no further and the cups would be ****ed off for 40 points every year. 

The defence has been a shambles for nine months now; I include Maguire in that as well. We are having to score two on average to claim points. That’s simply unacceptable 

• Like 1

It was coming in all honesty, it’s fine playing well against good sides but we’ve looked really average against those more on our level, today was a stark reminder of that. We looked pathetic, slow, laborious build up play and no real ideas as to how to break the opposition down. It’s very worrying... I think a few more hidings are on the way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

Am I the only one that didn't think we were that bad. In spells defensively we were poor but we hit the bar and quite easily could've been at 1-1, five minutes later we were 3-0 down. Can't fault the players effort. 

Apart from the 4 goals we shipped, the sending off and numerous bookings we were great.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

We were out-thought and out-played by Bournemouth. Tactically we were naive.

With both centrebacks completely struggling and on yellow cards, it’s laughable that Puel didn’t change things at half time given we were 3-nil down. No plan B again.

Agree tactically Puel always feels wanting, no changes at half time was a pathetic reaction to plan A failing.

At least Morgan misses a game or more from now on.

A loss to Huddersfield next week and Claude will be back on thin ice but the set up didn’t work today, particularly our defence and the manager is responsible for not sorting it in the first half.

The first half was a complete train wreck both on and off the pitch. Should we lose at home to Huddersfield then we should be genuinely afraid of the coming months. Although the score line was a shocker at half time I was more concerned with the complete lack of cohesion amonsgt the players and the discipline was appalling. Two players sent off in 5 games and the manner of the players tells me that something is very wrong at the club. What that is, I dont know but something is not right.