Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Bournemouth 4- Leicester 2 post match thread.

6 minutes ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

Poor result, but...

- We started well, fast out of the blocks as we’ve been wanting and on top for the first 15.

- We conceded three breakaway goals and a penalty. Bournemouth wouldn’t score four again if they played that game another twenty times. 

- Maddison superb throughout. 

- We ended the game well, scored two, won the second half.

- Maguire dodged a red and can’t be so bad next game. 

- Morgan got a red and can’t be so bad next game. Chance for Evans or Soyuncu to stake a claim.  

- Did we really think we’d win at Bournemouth??!

Now clearly we conceded four against a mid-table/top half rival and looked oddly out of sorts, but we are a young team nd we are going to get the odd result like this. Three or four more games like this before Christmas and I’d be worried, but personally I don’t see a need for wholesale change. We gave Man U and Liverpool a run and won our other two games before this, so it’s no crisis. 

All fair points but...

I just don't believe in Puel anymore.

Not changing anything for the second half, even when we're losing 3-0 with 2 defenders on yellow, it's baffling.

Bit worried about the Puel interview post match.We have looked vulnerable at the back all season even in the games we won.Needs more than concentration to fix it.Unless we play 3 at the back I think there will be problems.

Pressure will be on against Huddersfield and you can see us getting done on the counter attack

2 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Bit worried about the Puel interview post match.We have looked vulnerable at the back all season even in the games we won.Needs more than concentration to fix it.Unless we play 3 at the back I think there will be problems.

Pressure will be on against Huddersfield and you can see us getting done on the counter attack

The interview was boring bollox. God knows how he inspires anyone

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

The interview was boring bollox. God knows how he inspires anyone

We have no idea what he's like behind closed doors. Look at big Nige, complete w4nker to the press but great with the team. 

Edited by UniFox21
Autocorrect had me

Like the rest of you, I am sickened by this awful result, and the first reaction is to blame C.P. and wanting him gone. However, when calming down and being rational, that would be detrimental to our club, at this moment in time.

Only five games have gone, and until January we are stuck with the players we have. Puel will know what he expects from them, and has plenty of time to turn things around, which is something he must do. We must allow him that opportunity, in all fairness to him.  If, after the next seven or eight games, things don't change, then there will be a case for bringing in a new manager. That brings us to the question of who, and I really don't know the answer to that.

We must be patient over the next couple of months, and hope for a change in fortune. It can be done, but we need to back the team.

• Like 1

The bottom line is we will never be anything more than a bottom half of the league team under Puel. We probably wouldn't get relegated but we certainly wouldn't compete for anything. Is that the direction we want for your club?

All these "didn't think we were too bad" comments every week. The point is we didn't win and we aren't going up the league.

You can't tell me the players were playing for Puel today. They looked confused, bereft of any ideas and like a team that the tactics don't suit.

Really, really poor. Let's wait until Christmas and another 10 dodgey results before we do anything about it though. Things might change.... Yeah right.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s not rocket science to be honest

IF WE ARE PLAYING WING BACKS THEY HAVE TO BE COVERED!

We need to play to the strengths of our personnel. Two centre backs that are vulnerable to pace and two full backs who struggle to defend (but are adventurous and dangerous going forward) - that was the main reason for today's defeat. And unless the problem is addressed tactically, it will continue to hold us back. 3-5-2 (or, more accurately 3-4-1-2) seems an obvious call to me - certainly one worth experimenting with given that Caglar is pacy and a good distributor (if a bit raw) and both Ndidi and Mendy are naturally defensive. And Vardy desperately needs attacking support.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 1