Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away Match Thread

16 minutes ago, Xen said:

Pereira is a wingback/winger, not a right back.

Amartey came to us as a CM but has been a right sided CB for his national side, so RB isn't much different.

Iheanacho claimed he wanted to be a no10 when he came here, so that's fine.

The only one which doesn't really make any sense is Maddison BUT even that isn't ridiculous. Our 3 behind Vardy will be flexible, Chilwell will end up more attacking down the left, and we'll transition at times into a 3-4-1-2 with KI moving up and Maddison slotting in.

If we only ever play specific players in rigid positions with no flexibility we'd get found out instantly. This gives us different options at different stages of the match without having to make changes, and plays into our squad's skillsets.

Peireira is a wing back at best, not an out-and-out winger. Amartey is not a right back, as much as Puel wants him to be. Iheanacho in behind vardy isn't that weird in itself, but bizarre when you consider we've paid millions for Maddison, who is a natural in that position and plays his best football there, only to stick him on the wing when we've got two natural wingers on the bench.

Too many square pegs in round holes, and for no discernable reason. It is a ridiculous team selection. This is without even mentioning the fact that we bought three centre backs during the summer - with Evans and Soyuncu unable to get a run in the side or a game, despite the extremely under-par performances of Wes Morgan this season. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, indierich06 said:

Peireira is a wing back at best, not an out-and-out winger. Amartey is not a right back, as much as Puel wants him to be. Iheanacho in behind vardy isn't that weird in itself, but bizarre when you consider we've paid millions for Maddison, who is a natural in that position and plays his best football there, only to stick him on the wing when we've got two natural wingers on the bench.

Too many square pegs in round holes, and for no discernable reason. It is a ridiculous team selection. This is without even mentioning the fact that we bought three centre backs during the summer - with Evans and Soyuncu unable to get a run in the side or a game, despite the extremely under-par performances of Wes Morgan this season. 

Did you watch us vs Huddersfield? Maddison wasnt really on the wing at all.

Just now, indierich06 said:

Alternatively you could be impressed by our flexibility.

All this player X can only play in this position and Player Y in that position is complete crap.

3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Some of you on here only support the team conditionally. FFS, just drop it and back all XI.

At least I'd have an excuse, considering I'm now living in London, and married to an Arsenal supporter, but nope - LCFC4eva!!!! ;)  (I just wish (Leicester) Tigers could regain their form, too. :( )

Should I be overly positive or go for the reverse psychology?  Decisions, decisions...

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Some of you on here only support the team conditionally. FFS, just drop it and back all XI.

May aswell close the forum down then.

No need for opinions, concerns, debate if this is the attitute you want from people.

Ok some people go OTT, myself included, but are we supposed to just clap everything, agree with everything, not raise problems with things? Seriously?

It seems you have to be ultra, overly positive or massively negative on here, there is no middle ground, again I include myself in that but I feel it's just the way this place is.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

Fans will obviously moan about Wes, as I've said before Evans isn't any better, Soyuncu can't speak English.

Nice to see him put Ricardo on the wing instead of RB.

We have enough to beat these, just depends how our defence holds up.

2 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Wes' performances haven't been any more 'under par' than Evans' have. 

That said, although it seems under-par performances matter to you, above par performances like Amartey's last week (at right back, go figure), don't.

Someone's already covered the ridiculous Maddison comment.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

No need for opinions, concerns, debate if this is the attitute you want from people.

Ok some people go OTT, myself included, but are we supposed to just clap everything, agree with everything, not raise problems with things? Seriously?

It seems you have to be ultra, overly positive or massively negative on here, there is no middle ground, again I include myself in that but I feel it's just the way this place is.

No, just support the team and be less unpleasant - it's not difficult.

• Thanks 1

Wes was good mid-week. Just not sure he's able to play two matches in quick succession anymore - we will see. 

This seems the only way to get our best attacking players on the pitch, while still maintaining a back 4... I can't help wondering if, even though Claude might not intend to be playing a back three, that a lot of the match we end up playing that way because of the positions that Chilwell gets himself in. We will see! 

I'm beginning to think that this Morgan thing is one of those self-perpetuating myths that if repeated enough becomes accepted as fact.  By some at least.  

He's been fine this season, aside from the Bournemouth abomination when he was no worse than the others.  Anyone thinking that Evans would have saved us that day is dreaming as we were undone tactically.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's a lopsided 4 2 3 1.

Chilwell gets the left wing, Maddison cuts inside, Iheanacho pushes forwards, Mendy or Ndidi covers.

I'm happy to see both Richardo and Amartey and happy to see both Vardy and Iheanacho.

Seems a good team. Evans must have shit in Puel's cornflakes though.

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

You can have any opinion you want.  You might find it is challenged by other people's opinions, especially if it is considered unfair.  What's wrong with that?