Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle Away Match Thread

Just now, indierich06 said:

No, it's going to be a weird back 4, a right back in midfield, a centre midfielder at right back, a central attacking midfielder on the wing, and a striker in the central attacking midfield role. Tactical genius. 

Pereira is a wingback/winger, not a right back.

Amartey came to us as a CM but has been a right sided CB for his national side, so RB isn't much different.

Iheanacho claimed he wanted to be a no10 when he came here, so that's fine.

The only one which doesn't really make any sense is Maddison BUT even that isn't ridiculous. Our 3 behind Vardy will be flexible, Chilwell will end up more attacking down the left, and we'll transition at times into a 3-4-1-2 with KI moving up and Maddison slotting in.

If we only ever play specific players in rigid positions with no flexibility we'd get found out instantly. This gives us different options at different stages of the match without having to make changes, and plays into our squad's skillsets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alex_LCFC said:

Don't see what Evans or Ghezzel did wrong against Huddersfield to get dropped 

What did Wes do wrong against Bournemouth? The goals weren't his fault.    We should have conceded two against Huddersfield, it's not like we look tight at the back without him in the team.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

What did Wes do wrong against Bournemouth? The goals weren't his fault.    We should have conceded two against Huddersfield, it's not like we look tight at the back without him in the team.

You know he got sent off right? Hardly like he was dropped. 

Edited by Manini

8 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

guys... is that a 3-5-2?!!!!

No it's the standard 4-2-3-1 with Ricardo playing right wing instead of Ghezall and Wes back in for Evans.

Good team, though I would have had Evans over Morgan, which is the only hesitation I have, especially as Wes was quite poor against these lot in the home defeat to them last season.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Yes wrongly, which was admitted by most on here. Whilst Maguire got away with it massively.

I’m not disagreeing with you, but I’m struggling to see your narrative here? Are you of the opinion that he’s still good enough to be our starting centre back? 

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or the manager has just noticed it's not all his fault like some people on here like to make out weekly. Evans has been no better than Wes has at all. The likes of Ricardo and Maguire have been just as culpable as Wes if not more so for sloppy goals.

Absolutely spot on.

We shouldn’t underestimate these.  In the League, they’ve lost four, all to the big six.  Plus away draws with Palace (no bad result) and Cardiff (where they played the last 25’ with ten men).

But Rafa should finally have to open up and chase the points, playing in our favor.

Unless they score first. 

NewcastleBus.JPG.3684ebdfc93698ad8df85e9b329eb270.JPG

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

Pereira is a wingback/winger, not a right back.

Amartey came to us as a CM but has been a right sided CB for his national side, so RB isn't much different.

Iheanacho claimed he wanted to be a no10 when he came here, so that's fine.

The only one which doesn't really make any sense is Maddison BUT even that isn't ridiculous. Our 3 behind Vardy will be flexible, Chilwell will end up more attacking down the left, and we'll transition at times into a 3-4-1-2 with KI moving up and Maddison slotting in.

If we only ever play specific players in rigid positions with no flexibility we'd get found out instantly. This gives us different options at different stages of the match without having to make changes, and plays into our squad's skillsets.

YES some one who talks sense on fox talk 

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Or the manager has just noticed it's not all his fault like some people on here like to make out weekly. Evans has been no better than Wes has at all. The likes of Ricardo and Maguire have been just as culpable as Wes if not more so for sloppy goals.

But how does he keep walking back into the team and if anyone uses the 'club captain' excuse I find that a very weak argument.

Perhaps I am taking last season into account too much I guess and finding it hard to forgive how sloppy and poor he was, admittedly I am singleing him out when he's been no worse (But not exactly any better) than the other defenders. But I just don't understand how his position was all but guarenteed last season and it seems the same this season.

Especially when we've signed 2 3 new CB's and they're hardly getting a sniff.

People keep saying Evans has been no better, I don't think he's been worse, again going back to last season, which I know I should write off, forgive and forget, (but ultimately it's part of my points) but Wes was awful, diabolical, we had someone much more assured and better on the bench but he couldn't get ahead of and dislodge Wes.

I was getting shot down for saying it really is a case of 'In Wes Puel Trusts' the other week only to be told the new CB's will be starting next week, after the international break, then next week and the next week....now people are saying after Christmas.

We're now 3 years on and the defence is still as weak despite new signings this isn't Wes' fault exclusively but he's a factor and I find it weird how he walks back in every time.

He struggles with one game a week, let alone two, I believe he's even admitted this himself.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1