Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Everton (H) Match Thread

Just now, Chester Dontlie said:

Anybody knows what happened to Silva? Have I missed some recent news he's not even on the bench

He's just never really impressed whenever he's played. He's rightly not in the squad, Iborra looks better than him imo

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

23 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

It's fair to say Everton are a class above us

Maybe. Right now, we could easily lead if Vards didn't shank his effort 1-on-1.

But I agree we look inferior -- I think we're far too mechanical in possession. That is why we look so much better on the counter, as on the counter we become far less predictable, esp forcing the ball to Maddison.

Really we need to:

(1) stop being so fuching negative and take more chances passing forward, Everton are jumping our passes bc we are so tentative and negative with our attacking it has become predictable. This is a problem every damn game, and Puel cannot get it through people's heads that they need to get the ball fwd fast, even at the risk of losing possession;

(2) bring in Iborra, pair him w Ndidi or Mendy to add some playmaking to reduce the defensive pressure on Maddison, we will lose a  bit of defense in the middle, but we will have another playmaker and more Maddison. Besides, Everton are most dangerous attacking down the left, play Ndidi on Bernard's side, and we will haveandof the responsibility getting the ball fwd off Maguire. 

The other move that might make sense would be to bring Albrighton in for Iheanacho to support Pereira on the right. It would help neutralize Bernard, and we will be able to get a 2nd goal without Iheanacho.

Edited by vanity