Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Croatia v England Nations League Group A4

Not getting on is he? 

Did the fact the weather was belting, everyone was perpetually half cut and we actually won a knock out game of football mask the fact that we were largely pretty dross in the World Cup?

Sancho might show Southgate that playing wingers on the wings might be a novel approach to things. Stop crowbarring Rashford in, please.

• Like 1

dier, Barkley, Kane atrociously shit yet not one of them subbed. Southgate has no idea.

Kane is too slow for the game that Southgate wants to play.

Dier is too slow, mentally and physically for this level of football.

Barkley was lost.

Thought Chilly and Maguire were two of the better performances in a poor performance.

Think Madison hasn't come on due to Henderson being out of the next one, think we'll see him start v Spain.

Thought Maguire looked pretty dodgy, chilwell probably England's best player (or Walker), looked composed and switched on defensively. Bailed Maguire out a couple of times.

Rashford god awful, Barkley, sterling, Kane and Henderson not much better. All in all, shite game 

20 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Chilly spoke well after the game I thought.

Proud of him :thumbup:

He's getting a fair bit of praise too. Can't wait for the Spain match (although it will be tough) - if he doesn't start I'm done with Southgate (again).

Am I right in thinking Chillers will start against Spain as well? This has fallen really nicely for him, it wasn't so long ago he was complaining about playing time.

What is truly remarkable is seeing Southgate's commitment to youth at precisely the same time that LCFC are pushing in the same direction.

It's adding millions onto our squad value...

Chris Kikland gave him Man of the Match:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/11524503/england-player-ratings-chris-kirklands-verdict-after-0-0-draw-with-croatia

England's man of the match. He looked very comfortable on this stage, providing an option going forward and making some brilliant tackles when danger was lurking. He should be proud of his performance. If he plays well against Spain, then Danny Rose and Luke Shaw might be behind him in the pecking order. He could establish himself as the first choice.

I thought he was decent to good but actually not as good as he has been for us this season! So that's quite exciting if he's making an impression already.

Shame we didn't get to see Maddison and more of Sancho. Sancho was only on for ten minutes but put in a very nice cross. Barkley I thought was surprisingly decent as well.