Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

A statue of Vichai

11 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The statue idea is a way of honouring the remarkable achievements he's brought to the club and his impact on the city as a whole, it's not supposed to be a memorial to the crash though there undoubtedly should be something along those lines too.

My apologies, I misinterpreted. In due course I'm sure a GoFundMe will be set up and we can start to make this a reality.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

As much as I agree it can't solely be about 1 man, 4 others lost their lives too and equally their passing must be remembered too. A statue is great, but not befitting of them all.

I think there can definitely still be a memorial to all of them but also with a statue to Vichai.

I'm absolutely happy to get the ball rolling on this (when the time is right) 

But we will definitely need to get a few of us from this forum to set the project up and work with the fans. 

If you're interested in helping in anyway getting this into motion (or know anyone who would have better knowledge of how) 

Step forward. 

Its important we give it time before we approach the club though. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

King Power are considering a statue/mural and also in favour of re-naming the stadium to 'Khun Vichai Stadium'.

That would be extremely fitting. 

Definitely need a mural for all of the victims also. 

Even if king power do want to have a statue made i think it's only right fans crowdfund it. 

• Like 1

Id absolutely give money to this. Although the club has the money to fund this, if possible they should allow it to be funded by the fans, to show our love towards the greatest owner football has ever seen and will probably ever see! I cant ever see anyone achieving so much with a football club of our size as well as the work he has done in the whole community of Leicester. Far too early to think about now but definitely something that we should consider as a fanbase when the time is right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Definitely need a mural for all of the victims also. 

Even if king power do want to have a statue made i think it's only right fans crowdfund it. 

I entirely agree. I want to put something in to show my appreciation for what the man did for us.