Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

5 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Personally I’ve never liked the bloke, I’ve always found him to be quite rude in person (just a personal opinion) so I couldn’t care less if we replace him, but he has been a fantastic player on the pitch and made some massive saves, all Goalkeepers will make mistakes but I think he would be the easiest player to replace in the team, too many good goalkeepers about not getting a game.

He is actually very surly when you meet him and it appears a bit of inconvenience to him to sign an autograph for my son (out of all of the Premier League winning team he was the most difficult - Kante by comparison stopped and chatted and gave the impression that he had all day for you).

May be more about me than than him though to be fair.  

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 2

A poor and rushed kick cost us yesterday. The back 3 were split ready to receive the ball short hence the awful positioning when we lost the ball so quickly. Kicking is he weakest part but he has won us more points than cost us so won’t be getting on at him. Do wish he’d realise he can’t play though and stop those type of passes! 

17 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

A poor and rushed kick cost us yesterday. The back 3 were split ready to receive the ball short hence the awful positioning when we lost the ball so quickly. Kicking is he weakest part but he has won us more points than cost us so won’t be getting on at him. Do wish he’d realise he can’t play though and stop those type of passes! 

There is no doubting his professionalism, he is certainly very focussed. His downfall is in his ability to play it out from the back. Interesting one, as Brendan has always been a huge advocate of playing it out from the back........

what I dont get is, how some of our fans think its wrong to even criticise KS for the watford winning yesterday, yes he might have done some important saves this season etc, but the stars show he hasnt been in his best form this season but hasnt been crap either

and i think its the 2nd time this season his poor kick has lead to a oppo goal(first being the home game against Southampton),

dont get me wrong hes a legend and hes a great goalkeeper on his day but while all other areas seem to have improved while hes been here, his kicking distribution hasnt at all, its still more hit than miss, 

49 minutes ago, Jamseyfox said:

There is no doubting his professionalism, he is certainly very focussed. His downfall is in his ability to play it out from the back. Interesting one, as Brendan has always been a huge advocate of playing it out from the back........

He can't be that professional,  he's had years to work on his faults and hasn't,  he clearly thinks he's good enough as he is. His standing glued to his goal line from corners still shows he's done little on this since he was at Manchester City. Makes you wonder what Stowell does with him to earn his corn!

• Like 3

We're meant to be a possession based team... so what do we do in injury time, just lump it. Said it in the match thread that these sorts of clearances are just asking for trouble. If you want to kick it, then go for the striker in the corner, at least you have a whole pitch between you and the ball. Dropping it in front of the midfield is brainless and it happens week in week out.

• Like 2

He is reverting to his old bad ways. Unable to step off his line to actually intercept and grab balls he invites the attacking line forward so crosses can land 6 yards from goal rather than 12 yards. Add in to his stuck on the line antics his kicking out into touch has become a regular feature of his game. We now see him pick the ball out of the net many more times than he makes memorable saves so his one strength as a shot stopper is in serious decline. In summary, LC needs a new number 1 keeper.

• Like 1

it was a poor decision ... just like Mendy when he conceded the penalty a couple of games ago or Ricardo when he passed from the back to an opposition player who scored. They are not gods and they make mistakes as you and me do (well not me)  so suck it up and move on. If it continues he will be replaced but at the moment he is the best keeper in a LCFC shirt. 

Just now, surrifox said:

Doesn’t strike me as someone who would be easy to coach ! Perhaps his old man should invest some time in pointing out his mistakes instead of telling people how to run their football club 

I think you're probably very right. In which case,  whose in charge, the player or the club? We've not been in the position before perhaps that we'd got a viable alternative but in Ward we possibly have. Therefore, as a very well paid employee he should be told that for at least an appropriately alotted period of each training session he will be practising certain skills (commanding his penalty area and dealing with crosses being a prime one, even little Kevin Poole was more effective than Schmeichel). Stowell, should define a suitable programme, if he can't implement one, what's he being paid for, get a coach that can. In the meantime the manager could be giving Ward a couple of games to evaluate his skills in a live Premiership match situation ready for next season and the future to evaluate if he's good enough. No club should be beholden to any player, however senior and whatever his previous service. Experienced players and their helpful opinions definitely have their place but there's a line not to be crossed. They are employees after all though and should do as they're asked when asked. If Stowell has supposedly been addressing these issues and there's been no improvement then time for a new coach with new methods. As for some of Schmeichel 's wayward kicking with his clearly inefficient sideways gait, for me it's always wreaked of style before substance and an egotistical wish to be the star of the show. His whining at and blaming of defenders when he's clearly responsible for certain errors is also an issue. 

• Like 1

Putting aside the title season (Removing those glasses), he is not great and makes too many bad decisions on his distribution. Often costing points. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

For me, Kasper is still a good keeper and only when he's gone will people know how good he actually was for us. There is plenty left in the tank with him and it's pointless to change keepers, we have other pressing issues.  His mistake was infuriating though as it's so easily avoidable.

Some of his reaction saves are up there with the best, the amount of times he keeps us in games outweighs the mistakds he makes. Replacing him will take a lot more than the 12mill we spent on Ward

Its a two way street @Babylon - his distribution is often poor (And its indisputable that it has cost us points) - but he is a top class shot stopper.

We just need to be careful on judging him purely on his high points, just as we do on judging him on his low points.

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its a two way street @Babylon - his distribution is often poor (And its indisputable that it has cost us points) - but he is a top class shot stopper.

We just need to be careful on judging him purely on his high points, just as we do on judging him on his low points.

I've literally done little but slate his distribution, so I'm aware if his low points, but still it hasn't cost us that many points. Clanger wise, he's better than most of the others in the prem. So overall I'd rather have him that 90% of the others.

Guest Markyblue

Hes not so special he can't be criticised.  But i think the reading between the lines stuff about his attitude etc. is bang out of order, everyone has days when their grumpy and pissed off.  Over the time hes been here he has earned our respect with more positives than negatives. Yes mistake yesterday was annoying but it's been a long season of mistakes and heartbreak, let's not destroy a loyal legend for a couple of blunders.

Just now, Babylon said:

I've literally done little but slate his distribution, so I'm aware if his low points, but still it hasn't cost us that many points. Clanger wise, he's better than most of the others in the prem. So overall I'd rather have him that 90% of the others.

Fair enough.

We just will never know with Ward until he gets a game in the prem. :dunno:

Kasper's stength is that he is often quite dynamic with his distribution following an opposition attack, this is obviously a risky strategy due to his occasional poor distributon, but when it works, its geat, when it fails log in to foxestalk...

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Some of his reaction saves are up there with the best, the amount of times he keeps us in games outweighs the mistakds he makes. Replacing him will take a lot more than the 12mill we spent on Ward

Allison, Pickford, Leno, Begovic all more errors leading to goals than Kasper, many others probably have as well as he's so low down he doesn't even appear on the table.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough.

We just will never know with Ward until he gets a game in the prem. :dunno:

Kasper's stength is that he is often quite dynamic with his distribution following an opposition attack, this is obviously a risky strategy due to his occasional poor distributon, but when it works, its geat, when it fails log in to foxestalk...

Ward looked all over the place in one of the cup games, so i'm not holding out much hope that he'll be better.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Putting aside the title season (Removing those glasses), he is not great and makes too many bad decisions on his distribution. Often costing points. 

certainly cant disagree with this, dont get me wrong i like the guy and rate KS alot but i think even by his standard this season hasnt been up there for him

and its just annoying as hell that this season it feels like most of the goals we've let in have come from our own mistakes

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

it was a poor decision ... just like Mendy when he conceded the penalty a couple of games ago or Ricardo when he passed from the back to an opposition player who scored. They are not gods and they make mistakes as you and me do (well not me)  so suck it up and move on. If it continues he will be replaced but at the moment he is the best keeper in a LCFC shirt. 

Ward won't get any better until he's been given chances in live Premiership situations, he can hardly be evaluated as to his standard either. It's the ideal time at this point in the season to blood him and see what he's capable of. Caspar needs pressure on him to work on the more negative sides of his game which he clearly hasn't done since he's got here.  He's far to comfortable and if he can't be bothered get rid. We'll be rid of his Dad also then as an added bonus.