Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

24 minutes ago, pds said:

Keller is always mentioned as one of the best which I find quite bizarre. Granted I loved him and he made some brilliant saves but he made errors on a pretty frequent basis. 

TBH - he got lucky in that he happened to be the keeper by the time I'd saved up for a shirt :);) :P 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wallington and Flowers for two straight off the top of my head! Aside being an excellent shot stopper, the rest of his game is poor, even little Kevin Poole commanded his area better. He's an average at best Premiership goalkeeper. 

Wallington really was a good keeper. Never got the recognition he deserved. Only real mistake I ever saw him perform was when he threw the ball into his own net at Luton. I think we lost 3-0 that day. Apart from that he really was good

• Like 3

Love all this "he's the best we've had, apart from his distribution, coming for the ball at corners. Commanding his area from set pieces etc". Also he will improve these things. How sodding old is and he hasn't learned yet? Well I am 54 so there must be hope for me yet. Will have to tell the Mrs. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bit quiet in here again ;)

I admit I'm trolling a bit here but no-one can deny that his save from Wilson was very important in the context of the game. 1-0 up and could have been such a different game had they equalised so soon after. That save just reinforced the control and dominance we had over them for pretty much the rest of the game. 

At first I thought the save was in a sprawling style and that it was closer to the corner but it was straight at him and in the way he was diving. Nevertheless, it's a save he had to make! 

His kicking was improved too. Found Chilwell on the left side more often and a few good passes in to Tielemans or Maddison in the middle too. 

• Like 2

On 10/03/2019 at 22:08, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is it really a surprise the bloke who seemed to have the biggest connection with Vichai has had a poor season? 

What sort of excuse is that? I'm sure lots of the players had a "connection" to Vichai but you could as easily say Maddison should have a bad season because that young girl died or one of the others because of other terrible circumstances. All that matters with regards the football is that he has had a poor season.

15 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I admit I'm trolling a bit here but no-one can deny that his save from Wilson was very important in the context of the game. 1-0 up and could have been such a different game had they equalised so soon after. That save just reinforced the control and dominance we had over them for pretty much the rest of the game. 

At first I thought the save was in a sprawling style and that it was closer to the corner but it was straight at him and in the way he was diving. Nevertheless, it's a save he had to make! 

His kicking was improved too. Found Chilwell on the left side more often and a few good passes in to Tielemans or Maddison in the middle too. 

Why would anyone critisize him after his best game of the season? By far his best game of the season. The opposition was poor and he had little to do but he made a great save ( where the ball should never have been put anywhere near him) and for the first time this season his kicking was good - not decent but actually good. AND he caught at least 2 crosses. When he plays like that he doesn't deserve criticism, that's what we expect from a top half of the prem goalkeeper.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

What sort of excuse is that? I'm sure lots of the players had a "connection" to Vichai but you could as easily say Maddison should have a bad season because that young girl died or one of the others because of other terrible circumstances. All that matters with regards the football is that he has had a poor season.

Why would anyone critisize him after his best game of the season? By far his best game of the season. The opposition was poor and he had little to do but he made a great save ( where the ball should never have been put anywhere near him) and for the first time this season his kicking was good - not decent but actually good. AND he caught at least 2 crosses. When he plays like that he doesn't deserve criticism, that's what we expect from a top half of the prem goalkeeper.

I'm not asking for criticism to be made lol

Usually it's a hive of activity when he does one mistake and quiet when he has a good game. Why not a hive of activity when he has a good game too...? 

Just now, StanSP said:

I'm not asking for criticism to be made lol

Usually it's a hive of activity when he does one mistake and quiet when he has a good game. Why not a hive of activity when he has a good game too...? 

It's perhaps the shock. :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I thought he was excellent yesterday for all the reasons you stated. The distribution was excellent and keeps on getting better with every game, The side volley gave me a woody.

You can tell he starting to feel more comfortable.

Edited by SO1

On 10/03/2019 at 22:39, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Wallington really was a good keeper. Never got the recognition he deserved. Only real mistake I ever saw him perform was when he threw the ball into his own net at Luton. I think we lost 3-0 that day. Apart from that he really was good

He was unfortunate that there were so many great keepers back then, Shilton, Clemence, Parkes, Rimmer, Corrigan etc he was the first City keeper I ever saw, very reliable.

As for Kasper what a great keeper he’s been for us, outstanding save yesterday, yes his forms been up and down this season but goal keeping errors get analysed more than say a striker missing a sitter, both errors, but keepers get more criticism.

• Like 1

it was a quality save from Wilson no doubt however he shouldn't have been given a chance to make it, a quality international striker scores that every time.

What I was more impressed with was he was actually coming off his line to catch crosses

• Like 2

Yes some of our players make some real Dozos of mistakes,and crass errors....but this forum just goes to much OTT.

Critic,knee-jerk reaction in Match ,post match threads understandable,but consistent crusading to show or prove individual hate crusades,or snidey dislike on

individual flavour on chosen players is quite poor. We have had Gray,Chilwell,Maguire even Maddison,Mendy  and Riccardo!!!! go through the mire

but the hacking off of Morgan,Kasper,even Vardy,who like all good players in average teams,will have their yoyo periods of form ( even long periods) ,is something

I will never understand...These 3 have rightly been our Bbone in our most successful era of our club. When Kasper has made mistakes,how many simple chances,has Vardy,not converted.in which it he had converted would be actually chasing top 5,not worrying about 7th.!! Wes has played or had probably poor form 2 months from nearly 9 months

per season. Even when WE ALL had our doubts,he's come up delivering and like the other 2, STILL ARE great servants to our owners and more importantly the Club!!!  

yes in the near future,we are going to have to replace all 3 . See being most likely the first,then comes the not so obvious,how long can that pace,but also

Cannyness &experience keep Vardy going.If he has no major injury,he could still be surprising and giving in 4-6 years time. And Kasper...I have seen,Jennings,Wilson,Clemence,Banks &  Shilton ,make changes and small improvements has they got older....

too many on here love nothing than making the obvious gratious one liners,because it's so easy,because the players have reached the back end of their careers.

IMO ,I don't see Wes,playing an high % of the games next year,but the other 2 have top years in them...

unless their is a real implosion of form Kasper and Vardy,I will not want to be replaced,they deserve our full support,and any heavy critic on those grey,unfortunate

days,they might have ,should be shown the same contempt,we seem to have for anything Spursy!!!

They are and will remain Legends,and have earnt,not from yesteryear,but also these last 2 seasons,the respect not to be swatted down with nonsense critic on the odd misendeamour....Kasper proved not only his Gk prowess,but stood up has a man when lifes coincidence asked if from him...be

I for one having nothing but respect for the Man & yes the goalkeeper,because when he has made mistakes his performances have never collapsed on that day or

period of low form...!!   He is one of the PLs top performing HIs and deserves only accolades and not this consistent Churlish critic that some find right to have consistent pop's at him... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I confess that I am well overdue an eye test, but is it my imagination or has Schmeichel’a distribution improved n the last couple of games?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I confess that I am well overdue an eye test, but is it my imagination or has Schmeichel’a distribution improved n the last couple of games?

he's not aiming for the wide men anymore still has a tendency to not get any height on them at times though, which is always a worry

I don't think his kicking has actually ever been that bad, it's just that it seems to work in extremes and it's a 50/50 toss up which you're going to get in any given match. He'll either get every one absolutely bang on and be spraying passes to the wide men all game or slice every one into touch or straight to opponents. Maybe it's a mental/confidence thing - if one goes astray early on then the rest will too, who knows. Most people, whether it's fans or pundits, seem to reckon his distribution is either excellent or shit, and in truth I think it's probably somewhere in between.

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just before the fantastic save he kicked the ball across his goal and nearly gave it away. You could see what he was going to do, we were screaming at him not to.

Ok, should have gone to SpecSavers as I suspected then.

Can’t he just have Harry hoof it? Pretty sure Harry’s kicking must be better?

(or is it a pride thing...)