Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

if that wouldve happened under Puel we wouldve thought it was because his choosing to play poorly as he doesnt like the manager.

We know thats not the case

Its because he has actually become quite a poor player

near the bottom of the list for 

Saves

High Claims

Sweeper clearances

The latter 2 being a big part of reading the game

Coincidentally Ben Foster is near the top or top on all 3

Edited by HankMarvin
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

He had two decent saves today. Sure, his kicking out was part to blame for their second, but not exclusively. 

Clearly not exclusively and I’ve said Maguire was at fault as well but seriously how many times does his kicking put us in the shit?

We have a very decent back up so he deserves a shot at it for a couple of games.

• Like 2

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Clearly not exclusively and I’ve said Maguire was at fault as well but seriously how many times does his kicking put us in the shit?

We have a very decent back up so he deserves a shot at it for a couple of games.

I agree, we have 9 games and Ward should get his chance, as indeed so should a few other fringe players. Lets see if Caglar, Hamza and even Nacho can prosper with a different manager and system. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsox said:

I agree, we have 9 games and Ward should get his chance, as indeed so should a few other fringe players. Lets see if Caglar, Hamza and even Nacho can prosper with a different manager and system. 

Iheanacho is going a step too far.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

if that wouldve happened under Puel we wouldve thought it was because his choosing to play poorly as he doesnt like the manager.

We know thats not the case

Its because he has actually become quite a poor player

near the bottom of the list for 

Saves

High Claims

Sweeper clearances

The latter 2 being a big part of reading the game

Coincidentally Ben Foster is near the top or top on all 3

Maybe was before under Puel under performing on purpose trouble is when you continue to play poorly it becomes ingrained and it’s hard to shake the underperforming habit, he needs to be dropped for a while just if not to show he’s not invincible or undroppable ?

Brendan has certainly got his work cut out for himself really would love to see his wish list of players he’d like to bring in and I’m sure he’s probably handed that into Rudkin and Top ?

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If Schmeichel improved the kicking aspect of his game, he'd already be somewhere else consistently playing at the highest level.  It's his achilles heel and always has been. 

Ah didn’t really he had a problem with that, explains it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Iheanacho is going a step too far.

Depending on Vardy's knock, he may be our Striker on Saturday. 

Personally, I would not be keen to build a new side around a 32 year old striker, who seems to have lost form. 

Edited by foxinsox

Wow I have seen someone on this thread say he’s overweight. Incredible. If he’s overweight then I just don’t know. I give up. He’s so fat he couldn’t kick it far enough away. And he’s so fat he couldn’t close his legs quick enough to stop the ball rolling under him. Even though if he was fat gravity would work faster 

Yes, his distribution is flawed, and yes, he made a crucial mistake. If you think Ward needs a chance based on your knowledge of Ward from having seen him over time, then fine. But if you're arguing that Schmeichel has always been over-rated, should be grateful to be with us because nobody else will ever want him, that he's helped get the last three managers fired, or that he's been a liability all season, then you'd be better off booking a pleasure cruise with Graeme Souness and Danny Murphy than supporting Leicester. If we're going to turn on a goalkeeper, or any player, this furiously when he makes a mistake then this club will be a dark, dark place for a lot of people. And why be so bitter and divisive when there are so many reasons to be positive?

On the down-side, there were suicidal errors all over the pitch today. I just watched it back, and pretty much everyone was responsible. Even Gray - I thought he did well when he came on, but there was one totally unnecessary cross-field ball which nearly resulted in a goal for the opposition. Maguire was amateurish in the build-up to the free kick early on, and that wasn't the only occasions. Ndidi played some hospital passes which allowed Watford in. Chilwell and Maddison - both good in patches - surrendered possession too easily at times. A goal could have come (and in the case of Maguire, did) from any of their errors. It's a feature of our game because of our determination to build from the back with players who aren't yet comfortable building from the back.

As for Schmeichel, we owed him a huge debt for the three points in the week, when he pulled off a world class save. In contrast, today he saved us early on but was at fault for the winner. A week ago, he cost us a fourth goal at a stage in the match when the game was over. That hardly makes him the primary cause of our woes. Has he been 'constantly' bad, as some have stated? Grow up. Is he at an age where he's past it? No. Has he got pedigree as a keeper based on what we've seen in the past, or is he likely to be an impediment to success? Come on.

If you're looking for evidence that Schmeichel's distribution is sub-standard at this level, you'll be sorely disappointed by the stats which show his distribution to be better than that of most PL keepers. You'll also be sorely disappointed if Ward steps in, because if we expect him to spray the ball to feet within a fifty yard range, he'll make mistakes too. 

His distribution isn't great, of course - when people were full of hyperbole for him 3, 4, 5 years ago I was one of the first to point out that his movement of the ball wasn't all that hot - but people go over the top. His problem is the same as that faced by lots of our players - that he's a guy who isn't all that great at spreading the ball to feet, and over shorter range, but that he tries to do it nonetheless and sometimes makes mistakes. And if you'd watched today's other games, you'd have seen similar problems from more than one keeper.

Our problems today were as a result of many self-inflicted wounds, often from us going backwards when there were positive options in front of us, and then players pegged back playing overly-ambitious forward balls which allowed Watford in. In KS's case, he really should have done better. But he wasn't the only one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, shailen said:

He cannot be a keeper that plays out from the back if that is what we are trying to do.

He's made countless mistakes with quick releases

It is baffling how many times one of his kicks leads to a really good chance for the opposition and he doesn’t learn. I love Kasper but he needs to improve his decision making. You can’t play a high risk ball in your own half. If in doubt go for a hoof to Vardy.

He's still our number one but he needs a right kick up the backside to stop his complacency. He may feel he's a given on the teamsheet but it's Brendan's job to make sure he's earning it. 

I would give a Ward a run-in given we've not got much to lose at this point. Kasper needs competition 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's odd, his kicking used to be one of his best parts of his game, always being accurate with it. Now it's almost the opposite, I genuinely worry when we have the ball with him.

It's never been all that good. People used to say it was when it evidently wasn't. The difference is that now he's trying to get balls to feet, and within a shorter range. The mistakes are more costly.

6 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

It's never been all that good. People used to say it was when it evidently wasn't. The difference is that now he's trying to get balls to feet, and within a shorter range. The mistakes are more costly.

He used to punt the ball and we'd run onto it and create chances . But you're right about now its more short range passing