Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He did 

He did - see above 

Agreed - not sure why people are singling out one of our better players ......

he isn’t superman .....

Can you believe he didn’t save the pen ?  Drop him!   

The last goal is irrelevant - infact if it hastens the exit of the manager then it could be said to be the best ‘save’ he’s made all season ! 

1 save out of the whole 90 minutes i think?

1 hour ago, Harry the Cat said:

If Kasper or his dad thinks his performances in recent weeks will get him into any club in the top six in this country or any top clubs in Europe then they are deluded. He doesn’t read the game well enough. He can’t distribute effectively. He doesn’t dominate his area. He makes too many basic mistakes. He’s found his level here! 

Yes good keeper on his day.Love his passion.I remember watching him play for Notts County at Aldershot.They won and he celebrated like he’d won the World Cup.We are his level though.Certainly not top 6.Shoot from outside the box and you’ve got a great chance of scoring against him.

3 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Look at the defence in front of him. Barely any pressing from the front, Ndidi running around all over the place leaving space and gaps to exploit, Maguire is more of a dribbler than a defender, poor tracking back from the midfield. 

The only reliable defender we have is Evans ffs

Kasper should be helping to organise that tbf

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

Quiet in this thread after another very good performance last night....

2 minutes ago, cal21212121 said:

Funny that. I'm sure we'll be hearing from them soon enough when he doesn't make a worldie of a save and instead just has a solid performance

He looks fat and out of shape at the moment :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Quality save from Knockaert. Even though it was that good in itself, the timing of keeping a clean sheet then was crucial. 

Still don't get why he gets so much stick. Been fairly solid more often than not and even when we've been forced to replace him through injury it's even clearer how good a keeper we have. 

1 hour ago, shailen said:

He's got everything but sometimes his distribution is a little bit off. I know he is rushing and trying to put us on the attack quickly but if we look at Ederson he literally gets assists from his goal kicks - they are that good. 

Could it be because the opposition are set up against Man City playing it out from the back and Ederson switching it up surprises opponents?

I get that the consistency of Kasper's kicking is a sore point, but he's proved that he's got decent technique many times before. It's not infrequent that he gets a good kick or two that sets us off to a goal scoring chance.

On 13/02/2019 at 07:47, Ric Flair said:

I dunno about that, I saw an interview once where Kasper was very dismissive of being able to talk football with his old boy and that they prefer to chat about other stuff.

I just cant believe after what Kasper said about the club in the wake of Vichai's death that he'd want the undertone of this to be that he wants out. 

The saves he made last night were exceptional.

I really think the criticism Kasper gets on here is a fookin disgrace.

What a superb player for us this man has been.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shen said:

Could it be because the opposition are set up against Man City playing it out from the back and Ederson switching it up surprises opponents?

I get that the consistency of Kasper's kicking is a sore point, but he's proved that he's got decent technique many times before. It's not infrequent that he gets a good kick or two that sets us off to a goal scoring chance.

Very good point. Definitely true that man city are expected to play one way so it could appear more effective. I just think it could be such an effective weapon if he could do it more regularly especially against teams who sit back against us as it would catch them off guard

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

The saves he made last night were exceptional.

I really think the criticism Kasper gets on here is a fookin disgrace.

What a superb player for us this man has been.

I do agree with you but no player is beyond criticism. Of course it can be easy to criticise a keeper as more often than not, there mistakes lead to goals. But if Kasper has a bad game or Vardy or anyone, then of course people on here are going to say so. I personally don't like it when some on here constantly slate the likes of Gray (for good reason most of the time) but never mention anything about the likes of Vardy and Kasper. Our younger players look to players like these to help and guide them and whilst I'm sure they are great at it on the training pitch and in the dressing room, I feel at times this season our older players have let us down on the pitch. That's not a dig just at kasper, the likes of Morgan and Vardy have been the same at times. However, that doesn't mean we should be replacing Vardy or Kasper soon. Kasper will still be our number 1 next season and Vardy will have a big part to play, even though I'm sure we'll sign a top striker in the summer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, shailen said:

He's got everything but sometimes his distribution is a little bit off. I know he is rushing and trying to put us on the attack quickly but if we look at Ederson he literally gets assists from his goal kicks - they are that good. 

One of Kasper's strengths in the title winning season was his quick release of the ball which set Vardy/Mahrez on their way. To do that we need players up the pitch quickly ready for the counter.

Since we've stopped leaving Vardy on the halfway line for corners, its completely negating that part of his game. He can't release it as quickly as there's noone to give it to, and without leaving Vardy up the opposition can load more players into the box, which makes it harder for him to claim it anyway.

to be fair, Kasper, like any player will have his good days and off days. The problem is that when you are a keeper the off days are going to stand out as there is no-one else there to bail you out when you make a Horlicks of it.

We are fortunate in that as a club we have a long and illustrious history of excellent keepers.  Banks, Shilton, Wallington, Keller, Flowers to name a few.  I would rank Kasper amongst them.  He as been a great servant to the club over the years, and despite what his dad may say I have never had any cause to doubt his loyalty and love for the club.  It should be remembered that he didn't want to come here in the first place, having been discarded by Leeds (big mistake) as not good enough, but got his head down, fought for a place in the side and matured into a first class keeper.

I am sure that the recent comments which may or may not have come out of private family conversations, if actually from Kasper himself were borne out of frustration with the way things were going on the pitch rather than  at the club as a whole.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

One of Kasper's strengths in the title winning season was his quick release of the ball which set Vardy/Mahrez on their way. To do that we need players up the pitch quickly ready for the counter.

Since we've stopped leaving Vardy on the halfway line for corners, its completely negating that part of his game. He can't release it as quickly as there's noone to give it to, and without leaving Vardy up the opposition can load more players into the box, which makes it harder for him to claim it anyway.

This has been a huge frustration of mine seeing us having 11 men back for a corner. I dont see how having 11 men back helps anyway. We should always leave at least 1 on the half way line. We need to be better organised from set plays and Kasper probably needs to command his area more from set plays which would allow us to leave 1 or 2 players up field and release the ball quickly when we get it back