Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

42 minutes ago, Claridge said:

No where near one our best goalkeepers. 

Nowhere? Banks and Shilton aside, and that's me saying that as an early 90s kid, who in the last 20 years say, has been better than him? Never mind been involved in our clubs greatest ever period? 

• Like 1

One of the best keepers for us, irrelevant of people comparing him to the other greats we've had. Kasper has been the rock at the back through some of the best seasons we've had. From great escape, to the title and to the champions league with those penalty saves.

I never had the pleasure of seeing Banks or Shilton play, but for me he is the best keeper I've ever seen pull on a Leicester shirt.

Some of the reaction saves I've seen him pull off when I've been certain its flying in. 

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Walington and flowers were better. That’s 4 at least. And Kasey keller

You’ve only named 3, and it’s finny how time and tinted specs play a part. I remember a time when both Keller and Flowers people were jumping up and down for them to be dropped because of a couple of bad performances.

History will look back at Kasper when all’s said and done as our third best keeper behind Banks and Shilton.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

Nowhere? Banks and Shilton aside, and that's me saying that as an early 90s kid, who in the last 20 years say, has been better than him? Never mind been involved in our clubs greatest ever period? 

Wallington and Flowers for two straight off the top of my head! Aside being an excellent shot stopper, the rest of his game is poor, even little Kevin Poole commanded his area better. He's an average at best Premiership goalkeeper. 

Surely there's no argunent that Kasper has been our best keeper in the last 20 years? 

Issue we may have going forward is that we need someone who can distribute the ball better which is what Puel and certainly Brendan want to use as a weapon. The modern day sweeper keeper position is what most teams are going towards. 

44 minutes ago, shailen said:

Surely there's no argunent that Kasper has been our best keeper in the last 20 years? 

Issue we may have going forward is that we need someone who can distribute the ball better which is what Puel and certainly Brendan want to use as a weapon. The modern day sweeper keeper position is what most teams are going towards. 

Technically Schmeichel is superb with his feet. The thing that lets him down is his decision making & game management. Watford & wolves away spring to mind. When to not be cleaver & just launch the fooker ! I also hate the lazy cliche when someone is describing a keeper as a ‘good shotstopper’. Of course he is, he is a goalkeeper ! Can anyone tell me of a professional goalkeeper who isn’t good at saving shots ?!

Anyway, Schmeichel is a legend, & easily the best keeper we have had since the early 90’s when I’ve been following

Think it is just his distribution that opens him up for criticism. One of his clearances led to a corner within the first couple of minutes, and things like that really take the shine off his better qualities. Because as a shot-stopper, he is right up there with the very best.

People are used to better from Kasper because yet again, we go back to the title winning season where everything fell into place. And that included Kasper Schmeichel's distribution, which was always executed to perfection.

Maybe with Puel gone and the constant passing sideways and backwards gone with it, the pressure on Kasper may ease and the mistakes will disappear. We shall have to wait and see what magic Brendan Rodgers can do.

13 hours ago, M0901 said:

Flowers, Walker, Keller.

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Kasper is miles ahead of any keeper we’ve had over the last 25 years. His distribution needs to improve but it doesn’t help that he’s no one with a physical presence to aim for. 

Really? His shot stopping is excellent but outside of that he's average at very best in the Premiership. I would put Flowers, Walker and Keller above him personally, though the latter is a close thing as his distribution wasn't the best at times either. I think you have to judge on the whole package and not just the shot stopping. His distribution can be very  poor at times but his command of his area from set pieces, particularly corners, has to be some of the worst in the Premiership and he's done little or nothing to improve himself seemingly since he was at Man City.

You're not getting mixed up with his Dad are you?  They've both got a big gob but the older one had something to back his chelp up with. Junior blames everyone but himself ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Really? His shot stopping is excellent but outside of that he's average at very best in the Premiership. I would put Flowers, Walker and Keller above him personally, though the latter is a close thing as his distribution wasn't the best at times either. I think you have to judge on the whole package and not just the shot stopping. His distribution can be very  poor at times but his command of his area from set pieces, particularly corners, has to be some of the worst in the Premiership and he's done little or nothing to improve himself seemingly since he was at Man City.

You're not getting mixed up with his Dad are you?  They've both got a big gob but the older one had something to back his chelp up with. Junior blames everyone but himself ?

He's got flaws but no major ones and I don't think anyone in my 25 years following us comes close!