Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

I hate the way Kasper seem to undermine managers he doesn't like. Watch it happen under Brendan as well if it doesn't go his way. His dad is annoying as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

has anyone that has been critical of Kasper said he's the worst we've ever had? people like @ThaiFox saying this crap is why discussions on here are so tedious, people make valid criticisms of errors Kasper makes constantly and then you react like we are ignoring everything he's done instead of just judging his current performances as with any other player, and yes Kasper, Wes, Albrighton and Vardy are no different to the rest of the squad if they don't perform they get criticism and if it keeps happening people will talk about them being dropped

• Like 2

Guest bss9401

Kasper is an LCFC god. He is currently not playing very well by his standards. We have a very good back up keeper in Gavin Ward. I do not want us to lose Ward so believe that he should be given a chance in the Premier League. If Ward thinks that Kasper would never be dropped then it is likely that he'd want to leave.

17 hours ago, eblair said:

this is wrong, i think our fans generally like him, they are just on their yearly schmeichel period when they go loopy and decide the best keeper this club has had since shilton is shit

agree fans treated wellens like shit though

Erm that could be because he wasn't actually very good.

He did point well though.

6 goals in 149 appearances, he was on a downward trend when he joined us.

Doncaster mate who was a big fan of Wellens thought he was pony for us.

Edited by hackneyfox

5 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Kasper is an LCFC god. He is currently not playing very well by his standards. We have a very good back up keeper in Gavin Ward. I do not want us to lose Ward so believe that he should be given a chance in the Premier League. If Ward thinks that Kasper would never be dropped then it is likely that he'd want to leave.

Oh lord Gavin Ward. Never saved a peno in his career I don’t think??

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bss9401 said:

Gavin ward:S

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bss9401 said:

Not sure Gavin Ward's up to it these days, he'll be 49 this year.

13 hours ago, Jimmy said:

has anyone that has been critical of Kasper said he's the worst we've ever had? people like @ThaiFox saying this crap is why discussions on here are so tedious, people make valid criticisms of errors Kasper makes constantly and then you react like we are ignoring everything he's done instead of just judging his current performances as with any other player, and yes Kasper, Wes, Albrighton and Vardy are no different to the rest of the squad if they don't perform they get criticism and if it keeps happening people will talk about them being dropped

Obviously we can and should comment on individuals and their performance, and each of us has the right to offer comments. That is not to say that your opinion, or my opinion, is actually more valid. 

I was under the misapprehension that this forum was here for intelligent discussion.

Comments like 'bin Kasper', 'get rid', 'liability', etc, etc have all been posted on here after what was one silly error on Kasper's part after an otherwise decent performance against Watford, and a match winning performance against Brighton.

So the point of my post was a reflection on the often over reaction on this forum of posters going totally overboard on players. 

Edited by ThaiFox
  • Like 2

On 04/03/2019 at 09:17, FIF said:

Some of you see him making a couple of saves and think he's elite. Just in case you didn't realise that is his job. EVERY prem goalkeeper makes a few good saves every game. His shot stopping is probably about average in the prem. His distribution would be lower than average and his coming for crosses and controlling his box would be non-league standard. It's time to get him off the pedestal.

From what I hear he has the ear of Top and far more influence than he should have.

Absolutely spot on. I for one really don't know why many rate him. Mediocre at best. Makes saves that he should and occasionally will make a good save but no better than any average keeper. Most of the time all I see is Kasper flapping his arms or on his arse from corners or set pieces into the box. Can't catch to save his life. 

As is often the case in life, people will only appreciate Kasper fully when he is no longer here. You don't win the keeper of the tournament award at a World Cup if you're "mediocre" or "below average".

Pundits have been raving about how great Allison is for Liverpool and yet in the 2 games against us he made a whole litany of mistakes with the ball at his feet. Mistakes that were way worse than Kasper's at Watford. It was just our luck at the minute that Kasper made one mistake and Watford took full advantage of it.

At the present time I can't think of any keepers that I would take ahead of Kasper that we could realistically sign. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I can't believe the stick he is getting. Yes he's not playing to his usual high standards at the moment. But the man has put so much into this club. He had to be restrained from trying to save our owner for god sake. He's seen awful things this year! Things no one should ever have to see, he was first to comment after Vichai's crash and was a pin man in keeping the media hype sensible. 

How anyone can slate him, say he's against the club and worthy of selling is completely baffling. I completely excuse his current performance level (which isn't as bad as other keepers at their best) and I think he deserves far more respect. Some people have such short memories. 

He is highly respected as well, don't know if anyone saw, but he was one of the keepers chosen to carry Banksy's coffin at the funeral this week. That surely shows you that even one of the best keepers in the world, ever, rated him so highly in esteem. 

This isn't football manager, this is life, and this season has been terrible for everyone. Our players deserve some slack. 

I hope to ****ing god he doesn't read this forum.

Every month this fanbase manages to make me more and more ashamed to be a Leicester fan.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I can't believe the stick he is getting. Yes he's not playing to his usual high standards at the moment. But the man has put so much into this club. He had to be restrained from trying to save our owner for god sake. He's seen awful things this year! Things no one should ever have to see, he was first to comment after Vichai's crash and was a pin man in keeping the media hype sensible. 

How anyone can slate him, say he's against the club and worthy of selling is completely baffling. I completely excuse his current performance level (which isn't as bad as other keepers at their best) and I think he deserves far more respect. Some people have such short memories. 

He is highly respected as well, don't know if anyone saw, but he was one of the keepers chosen to carry Banksy's coffin at the funeral this week. That surely shows you that even one of the best keepers in the world, ever, rated him so highly in esteem. 

This isn't football manager, this is life, and this season has been terrible for everyone. Our players deserve some slack. 

That wasn't significant - they had a keeper from each of his former clubs, including Chesterfield.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

8 years an LCFC player and he's been through it all, seen it all, and developed himself into one of our best ever goalkeepers. I will never understand the bashing he gets, ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2