Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

5 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

certainly cant disagree with this, dont get me wrong i like the guy and rate KS alot but i think even by his standard this season hasnt been up there for him

and its just annoying as hell that this season it feels like most of the goals we've let in have come from our own mistakes

Can't remember who it was, but someone commented on this about the league in general. That those outside the top six it seems to be a case of jumping on errors to score goals rather than them being scored from good play.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Can't remember who it was, but someone commented on this about the league in general. That those outside the top six it seems to be a case of jumping on errors to score goals rather than them being scored from good play.

Not sure I quite understand your point here, but you seem to be saying that the top 6 teams (fans) don`t jump on individual player mistakes? Have you never taken a look at Red Cafe during a match day thread if so! :) (Or blue moon or the fighting cock, the list goes on!)

But maybe I misunderstood your point, apologies if so.

I think the mistake was more about our exasperating policy of always always ‘playing out from the back’. In that position, Kasper should of either just played in short or hoofed it.

We conceded goals from similar mid-range passes from Ricardo against both Wolves and Manchester United.

Saturday’s game was just the ghost of Puel. Rodgers now has a little bit of time to start to sort out our ridiculous way of playing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure I quite understand your point here, but you seem to be saying that the top 6 teams (fans) don`t jump on individual player mistakes? Have you never taken a look at Red Cafe during a match day thread if so! :) (Or blue moon or the fighting cock, the list goes on!)

But maybe I misunderstood your point, apologies if so.

Nope, not what I'm saying.

I'm talking about on the pitch stuff not fans. As I said, a pundit or journo was talking about how so many goals are now just on the back of teams jumping on poor play and mistakes, rather than being created from decent play.

I think I missed half the discussion, but it just struck a chord because we're our own worst enemy so often.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

People who think he’s a great keeper are blinded because he’s a Leicester player and in the title winning team member imo.

He’s a good shot stopper but the rest of his game is very average, and if it wasn’t for his name he would probably not be where he is today, and his dad thinks he should go to a bigger club, I really can’t see what bigger club would want him or he could get into.

It’s another position that annoys me, doesn’t matter how many mistakes he makes, what sort of form he’s in, he’s undroppable, whilst we have a young prospect, who has looked good when he’s came in, sitting there thinking why the **** did I sign im never going to play, and can’t see ward hanging around when he has no chance of claiming the shirt.

Ward hasn’t looked any better than Kasper in the cup matches he’s played this season. 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Ward won't get any better until he's been given chances in live Premiership situations, he can hardly be evaluated as to his standard either. It's the ideal time at this point in the season to blood him and see what he's capable of. Caspar needs pressure on him to work on the more negative sides of his game which he clearly hasn't done since he's got here.  He's far to comfortable and if he can't be bothered get rid. We'll be rid of his Dad also then as an added bonus. 

It's a win-win to give Ward a few games before the Summer. We'll find out how good he really is or not. If he does well then KS  might work harder in the Summer knowing he has real comp for next season.

His coming off his line for crosses was better when Zieler was here, but since he left he's gone back to his old ways.

Look at Fosters challenge with Vardy, Kasper would never have done was Foster did.

But that's the find margins we're talking about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

It's a win-win to give Ward a few games before the Summer. We'll find out how good he really is or not. If he does well then KS  might work harder in the Summer knowing he has real comp for next season.

His coming off his line for crosses was better when Zieler was here, but since he left he's gone back to his old ways.

Look at Fosters challenge with Vardy, Kasper would never have done was Foster did.

But that's the find margins we're talking about.

Even though Kasper got wiped out by Deeney when rushing out for the ball...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Wow I have seen someone on this thread say he’s overweight. Incredible. If he’s overweight then I just don’t know. I give up. He’s so fat he couldn’t kick it far enough away. And he’s so fat he couldn’t close his legs quick enough to stop the ball rolling under him. Even though if he was fat gravity would work faster 

I’m pretty sure Puel is responsible for gravitational pull mate, so he has probably fùcked that up too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ali Begbie said:

I think the mistake was more about our exasperating policy of always always ‘playing out from the back’. In that position, Kasper should of either just played in short or hoofed it.

We conceded goals from similar mid-range passes from Ricardo against both Wolves and Manchester United.

Saturday’s game was just the ghost of Puel. Rodgers now has a little bit of time to start to sort out our ridiculous way of playing.

He tried to hoof it, that was the problem. He gave it away in the middle of the pitch while our three CB's were split, waiting for the short pass.

To be honest for me it’s time for him to go. This season has shown flashes of brilliance in shot stopping but outside of that he has been poor. His distribution is so poor now it has got to the point where it is costing us points. There was a similar situation earlier in the season where he tried to chip it to Ricardo and put him under massive pressure and we conceded. 

He’s not all that and his Dad’s comments were pathetic before Puel got the boot. If we don’t believe Ward can be number 1 we need to start looking for Kasper’s replacement. 

7 hours ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

He is actually very surly when you meet him and it appears a bit of inconvenience to him to sign an autograph for my son (out of all of the Premier League winning team he was the most difficult - Kante by comparison stopped and chatted and gave the impression that he had all day for you).

May be more about me than than him though to be fair.  

No a couple of times I’ve come across him I found him exactly the same, I found Wes really easy to speak to and Gray was a really nice guy too, strange how you think people will be compared to how you see them on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

No a couple of times I’ve come across him I found him exactly the same, I found Wes really easy to speak to and Gray was a really nice guy too, strange how you think people will be compared to how you see them on the pitch.

I find quite often that people who are good public speakers are actually really socially awkward in one to one situations, and visa versa. 

• Like 1

Brave decision by whoever organised it to have Kasper & Joe Hart as pallbearers at Gordon Banks' funeral today.

To be fair to them, they didn't drop it once...

On a serious note, good to see the great Richie Norman looking so well on East Midlands Today.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Ali Begbie said:

Can't blame that on Puel, he's not a young rooky of a goalkeeper is he. Experience and plain common sense should dictate that in the dying seconds of a game, that's one of the last places you should kick it! He was a first class numpty and cost us the game and if he didn't see it as his error and his alone he must be more arrogant than some people suggest. Even Wes gave him a bollocking by all accounts.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't blame that on Puel, he's not a young rooky of a goalkeeper is he. Experience and plain common sense should dictate that in the dying seconds of a game, that's one of the last places you should kick it! He was a first class numpty and cost us the game and if he didn't see it as his error and his alone he must be more arrogant than some people suggest. Even Wes gave him a bollocking by all accounts.

Wes did give him some stick after that

The amount of points we have dropped as direct consequences of mistakes like that this season is madness.  Not just goals conceded from mistakes, but points lost at the death which didnt need to be lost in the slightest

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Won Danish Player of the Year today, was probably 3rd or 4th best keeper at the World Cup behind Courtois, Oblak and maybe Lloris. We saw him shine in the Champions League two years ago and now because of one mistake there are fans on here wanting to move him on, drop him ect. it's absurd reading this stuff. Frankly we're lucky to still have him.

its not one mistake its the latest mistake and he shows no signs of correcting his flaws either

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Won Danish Player of the Year today, was probably 3rd or 4th best keeper at the World Cup behind Courtois, Oblak and maybe Lloris. We saw him shine in the Champions League two years ago and now because of one mistake there are fans on here wanting to move him on, drop him ect. it's absurd reading this stuff. Frankly we're lucky to still have him.

Lucky to have him, more like he's to be at club of Leicester stature still.

• Thanks 1

On 30/10/2018 at 04:15, fuchsntf said:

I can't add or input any,media or pictures...

This has no meaning of negativativity towards or against others...At present I can't find the right words...

But since the tradegy,from withinside the club one man stepped up and put himself forward as a go to.

He seemed disciplined,but heartbroken and at first kept his thought and horrific experience to himself

The first to make some statement,then condolences. And seemed to take on the player/ more responsibility.

He was around for hours...(did he leave the stadium at all??)  The grief was not to hide..

So long as he stays at the club...he's the last player now,I will throw any criticism toward!!!  

15 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

so he made some mistakes....haven t you all noticed how many good created chances we didn't convert,if taken,we would now be on 50pts plus!!

The great Banks and Shilton..made some hummdingers!!!!  It's all about perspective ,being clever,and recognising the "whole"

I will prefer to honour those 2 quotes and others alike..!!

that doesn't prevent me,taking Leicester of old adhege ,of playing their 2nd, goalkeeper occasionally in the league..

If I was Rodgers,like for all positions ,I would throw down the gauntlet,to all the goalkeepers. Even now turn to Ward to see what he's got,and

take along Kasper with that idea..!!

But IMO Kasper,is my usual nr 1,but on occasions will be benched to give Ward some decent PL game time,2-3 games,not just cup games.

Defence have to also learn how to play with the 2nd goalkeeper....

Some don't like the idea...I do....!! Opinions and all that.

Understand it does not mean I don't think Kasper is irriplacable,but at the moment despite some of the correct critic of his strength and weaknesses,

He's still my no1 Gk,and a good leader....cobwebs n all..!!

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

its not one mistake its the latest mistake and he shows no signs of correcting his flaws either

Mate - Messi chokes in international finals, Lloris gives goals away in World Cup finals, Vardy goes through rough patches of not scoring, Griezmann dives all the time, Christiano Ronaldo runs boys swimwear competitions, Neymar is a spoilt child - these are the best in the world, all still have their faults. Are they bad players?

Could we do better than Kasper right now? Maybe Heaton but thats about it and to say he's better is still a big stretch. Ward is still unproven and willing to sit on the bench all season for Kasper so I'll take his own evaluation on this one.

My Grandad has always fancied himself as a decent goalkeeper and wicket keeper, til his late sixties he was still throwing shapes on that flat bit of Braggy Park infront of the old house. I've been hearing it for years any time Kasper has messed up from Doncaster away six years ago when he threw to ball into his own net to the various times in our first season back in the Prem just how bad a keeper Kasper was but every time he rises to the occasion; World Cup, Champions League - one of the best in the respective competitions both times, superb when we won the League with him in goal every match, every minute. He's a big occasion player capable of performing on the largest stages and has come out as a Champion doing so, we arent going to do any better and it's worth supporting him through rough times in hope we can make it onto the bigger stages again rather than appointing him the new dummy to hurl abuse at now Puel has gone.

20 minutes ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Lucky to have him, more like he's to be at club of Leicester stature still.

Yeah well, thats just like, your opinion man

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1