Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

Seems to have changed his style of play. He now prefers to try play out the back, whereas he used to just boot it upfield and it would end up near the opponents box.

Vardy would challenge for them and we’d play off the second balls. Not pretty but it would never lead to any danger like his current kicking does.

Yet again kasper screws up !! Against wolves in injury time and now against Watford.  Same kinda outrageous pass same result. 

His distribution has been crap for ages now  he don’t command his box and he’s scared of crosses 

needs dropping IMO 

1 minute ago, VIKTOR-LE5 said:

Claude Puel should've dropped the mug ages ago and given Danny Ward a run, might of saved him his job.

Kasper is very close to the owners upsetting him when your job isn't secure isn't going to save it

Sadly with him bringing Morgan back in (inexplicable if he’s watched him at all this season) I highly doubt he will drop Schmeichel after one game. He should be dropped as he is constantly playing poor balls out and putting us under pressure 

• Like 2

Kasper is a great shot stopper and full of passion and commitment which I think helps and has helped our squad over the years he has been here.

Unfortunately, he struggles with his distribution and tries passes he really shouldn't. Today that really cost us. 

I honestly think it would do him good to sit out a number of games, but he is deemed the most un-droppable player we have, and wrongly so IMO.

I'm a bit concerned that Rodgers will continue to ask him to pass it out from the back and something Kasper is more than happy to try too! He simply isn't capable of that on a consistent basis and it will put our defenders in trouble and is just not needed. He needs to put his boot through a fair few and let Vardy go after them.

Can't see him being dropped for a long time though, so just hope that Rodgers identifies his kicking weakness and asks him to do it less! 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Kasper is a great shot stopper and full of passion and commitment which I think helps and has helped our squad over the years he has been here.

Unfortunately, he struggles with his distribution and tries passes he really shouldn't. Today that really cost us. 

I honestly think it would do him good to sit out a number of games, but he is deemed the most un-droppable player we have, and wrongly so IMO.

I'm a bit concerned that Rodgers will continue to ask him to pass it out from the back and something Kasper is more than happy to try too! He simply isn't capable of that on a consistent basis and it will put our defenders in trouble and is just not needed. He needs to put his boot through a fair few and let Vardy go after them.

Can't see him being dropped for a long time though, so just hope that Rodgers identifies his kicking weakness and asks him to do it less! 

He is experienced enough to know we should be closing the game out.  He needs to be tsjen downca peg so he behaves and focusses

Kasper should know better, he a 

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

He is experienced enough to know we should be closing the game out.  He needs to be tsjen downca peg so he behaves and focusses

Was that last part Danish?

• Haha 2

Kasper has been making far too many howlers lately and letting in soft goals where he should be saving, he needs a bit of competition thinking he’s feeling a bit far too comfortable as no1 keeper maybe Brendan should swap things round a bit and play Ward just to keep Kasper on his toes ! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmouth_fox said:

The quality of his distribution has dropped off a cliff this season. Not a reason to drop him or anything though.

always been poor, its just magnified because his general play is becoming poor also.

Think he costs more points than his makes with outstanding saves etc

He's starting to be a weak link.

Poor distribution and for a player with his attributes in this area it's scandalous really.

Doesn't command his box

Poor at Free Kicks

I always think what would Alex Ferguson do with Kasper's old man too involved and with him being too comfortable with automatic selection, with his coach and with the owners.

If I was Brendan I'd move him on.

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 1