Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

7 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Presumably BR wouild know Danny Ward from his Liverpool days, so he is well positioned to know if Danny is worth trying.

Pretty sure he was signed just after he left. By Dalglish?

Edit: I think Dalglish signed him, then Rodgers got the job at Liverpool. 

Edited by stix

Some of you see him making a couple of saves and think he's elite. Just in case you didn't realise that is his job. EVERY prem goalkeeper makes a few good saves every game. His shot stopping is probably about average in the prem. His distribution would be lower than average and his coming for crosses and controlling his box would be non-league standard. It's time to get him off the pedestal.

From what I hear he has the ear of Top and far more influence than he should have.

26 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

So much drivel written in here by people who have never played the position, don't seem to get goalkeeping, and clearly pay no attention to goalkeeping. 

Would you enlighten please us on your vast goalkeeping knowledge.

Edited by VIKTOR-LE5

Kasper's one of those players like Wellens before him and Gray after him where our fans just don't seem to take to them, give them reduced credit for anything good they do and are waiting for a mistake so there is a reason to round on them and put the boot in.

I don't get it.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

55 minutes ago, FIF said:

Some of you see him making a couple of saves and think he's elite. Just in case you didn't realise that is his job. EVERY prem goalkeeper makes a few good saves every game. His shot stopping is probably about average in the prem. His distribution would be lower than average and his coming for crosses and controlling his box would be non-league standard. It's time to get him off the pedestal.

From what I hear he has the ear of Top and far more influence than he should have.

@FIF  today you disappoint me..!!  More interested in putting a decent man down,for no other reason than football tittle tattle crap.

You have taken the path of the masses,criticising for the sake of it...

There is no hero worship...but why jump on that long ,like you say,players just doing their job....Erors/mistakes are part of the package!!

Too many posters act like an experienced group of managers,that have found the eutopian   package to crucify every single issue and problem,over

any single players characteristics....please don't use the pleb excuse of because... they earn so much money....

Kasper is a good PL GK,why go on a crucifixion parade....Because of others comments....

Since the title,this forum seems to do nothing more,than get on individual players cases...which goes beyond banter....

The hate,or discrediting of our players,is thicker than the goo,left on a tarmac-machine..!!  I thought you was beyond that??

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I think you're right and I think that's the problem. Was he not rumoured to be one of the original snakes? If he is he's almost guaranteed a job for life sadly.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

@FIF  today you disappoint me..!!  More interested in putting a decent man down,for no other reason than football tittle tattle crap.

You have taken the path of the masses,criticising for the sake of it...

There is no hero worship...but why jump on that long ,like you say,players just doing their job....Erors/mistakes are part of the package!!

Too many posters act like an experienced group of managers,that have found the eutopian   package to crucify every single issue and problem,over

any single players characteristics....please don't use the pleb excuse of because... they earn so much money....

Kasper is a good PL GK,why go on a crucifixion parade....Because of others comments....

Since the title,this forum seems to do nothing more,than get on individual players cases...which goes beyond banter....

The hate,or discrediting of our players,is thicker than the goo,left on a tarmac-machine..!!  I thought you was beyond that??

As a general rule I agree with everything you've put there but in Schmeichel 's case his poor form has been there for all to see, yet he's remained gobby enough on the pitch to criticise others whilst seemingly being blind to his own faults. Some of these traits are so long standing now it becomes readily apparent he's made no real effort to rectify them over the years. Why else would he remain so piss poor in his own penalty area? His distribution is erratic at best and often his mistakes seem borne out of an egotistical desire to impress. I've no sympathy for him. As for the consistent rumours over the years of his stirring activities, there's no smoke without fire. As for his father's outbursts, where did he get his information from?

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Kasper's one of those players like Wellens before him and Gray after him where our fans just don't seem to take to them, give them reduced credit for anything good they do and are waiting for a mistake so there is a reason to round on them and put the boot in.

I don't get it.

Its mostly the way he seems to undermine managers he doesnt like

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

I don't get it.

this is wrong, i think our fans generally like him, they are just on their yearly schmeichel period when they go loopy and decide the best keeper this club has had since shilton is shit

agree fans treated wellens like shit though

This week Kasper who is the worst goalkeeper we've ever had.

On Saturday Kasper will be the best Keeper we've ever had.

The week after Kasper will the worst goalkeeper we've ever had.

The week after Kasper will be the best goalkeeper we've ever had.

Foxes Talk...........where opinions and discussions are so intelligently thought out.

Interesting what Brendan said about chatting with Kasper both on his first day and also Kasper coming in on his day off for another lengthy chat with him. 

Thats either someone who is well aware of his current shortcomings and is panicking. Or the perfect example of someone with way too many opinions on how the club should be run... as some have alluded to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

:thumbup: We used to place backpacks. One thing is certain, the grass was greener back then!

I knew there would be a use somewhere for books when I was at school, I just never thought of that one. :)

• Haha 1

Is there some analysis that shows how he compares to other keepers in the prem? Maybe they have something that measures expected saves against actual saves, mistakes etc. I’m sure someone cleverer than I could find that out & post it so we have some actual fact to discuss.

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

Interesting what Brendan said about chatting with Kasper both on his first day and also Kasper coming in on his day off for another lengthy chat with him. 

Thats either someone who is well aware of his current shortcomings and is panicking. Or the perfect example of someone with way too many opinions on how the club should be run... as some have alluded to. 

Or someone who cares about the club and wants to help bed the new manager in.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

So much drivel written in here by people who have never played the position, don't seem to get goalkeeping, and clearly pay no attention to goalkeeping. 

Dead right never played that position but an off hand guess at two prerequisites for a decent goalkeeper would be: 

1. At corners,  you can come off your goal line and help your defenders out. If you put your hands up in the air it helps to make you taller than centre forwards. You don't even have to catch the ball if you dont want to, you can just knock it out of the way! If you do come off the goal line for a try, attempt to do it with an air of confidence or you start to look like a stranded fish flapping to get back into the water and all the big boys will start to laugh at you.

2. When it's your turn to kick the ball, try and kick to one of your players who are usually dressed in blue shirts. If you're playing at an away ground, speak to the manager before kick off and he'll inform you of which colour shirt he would like you to kick it to. Don't be scared, managers are kind people who are there to help, some do have a strong accent and you may have to listen very carefully. That last bit is important, try to listen and not talk too much! If the manager is cross or upsets you or you just don't like what he says, try not to moan to all your friends or mummy and daddy, nobody likes 'tell tales'.

3. If you're having trouble with the above, find the man they call a 'coach', they'll be somewhere at the training ground and not at a bus station. He will show you how to practice what you are bad at, not what you are good at. Stick with it.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1