Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

Kasper Schmeichel...

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It should be, given that Wednesdays are usually their day off and especially following a game - just wondered if they changed it so that BR had maximum time with them on the training pitch before Sunday .......

I think Stowell said after the match Tuesday that Rogers had given the players Wednesday off and they were back in today. He was meeting all the back room staff yesterday.  

On 27/02/2019 at 06:38, Rusko187 said:

Was excellent last night.

Don't understand why he gets so much flack, yes his distribution can be very questionable at times but he's among the best keepers we've ever had.

He has been generally very good for us and I love his on-field persona but I felt it was worth asking why quite a few shots close to him end up in the net.

I've never doubted his ability to pull out some stunning saves.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

can Mike Stowell PLEASE get him to stop doing that fuicking starfish thing he never saves it and strikers just roll it under him every time

Pretty sure it comes from his dad. I doubt Stowell has any choice or power over him lol 

And he did save the shot just before their goal using that technique. It's one of those where it looks good when it works, not so much when it doesn't.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Pretty sure it comes from his dad. I doubt Stowell has any choice or power over him lol 

And he did save the shot just before their goal using that technique. It's one of those where it looks good when it works, not so much when it doesn't.

his dad used it when a cross was coming to a striker not when they were running with the ball one on one, its all well and good making yourself big but if you leave a massive gap below you its pointless

15 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

People who think he’s a great keeper are blinded because he’s a Leicester player and in the title winning team member imo.

He’s a good shot stopper but the rest of his game is very average, and if it wasn’t for his name he would probably not be where he is today, and his dad thinks he should go to a bigger club, I really can’t see what bigger club would want him or he could get into. 

It’s another position that annoys me, doesn’t matter how many mistakes he makes, what sort of form he’s in, he’s undroppable, whilst we have a young prospect, who has looked good when he’s came in, sitting there thinking why the **** did I sign im never going to play, and can’t see ward hanging around when he has no chance of claiming the shirt. 

This is spot on.

Just now, lcfceaves said:

At 32 he should now be able kick to a team mate and be good at game management. Him and Wes should both  go, but doubt they will 

Wes probably will, still hasn't got a new contract, Kasper we're not selling, none of the top 6 will take him and I doubt any European sides (that he'd want to join) would either

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

The quality of his distribution has dropped off a cliff this season. Not a reason to drop him or anything though.

This. I never got the criticism before this season but wow, it gets worse and worse. I sometimes sympathise due to the lack of targets but today's wasn't really excusable  

7 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

The quality of his distribution has dropped off a cliff this season. Not a reason to drop him or anything though.

Can't agree more! I'm sure the GK coaching has addressed this weakness but the fact its now getting worse is very disturbing!

If BR doesn't address this quickly all his good work will continue to be undone and that simply can't be allowed to continue.

In any walk of life repeating the same mistakes over and over will eventually lead to termination.