Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Claude Puel craves January transfer window to rebalance his Leicester City squad

Nacho man does give us a lot of options and he worked well with Vardz but he really isn't clinical in front of goal. We need another striker like Vardy that can take his chances. We've thrown a lot of money towards finding one and it hasn't paid off. Buying people like Slimani and Musa just doesn't work. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Krama back seeing as he is killing it in Bundesliga

4 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Nacho man does give us a lot of options and he worked well with Vardz but he really isn't clinical in front of goal. We need another striker like Vardy that can take his chances. We've thrown a lot of money towards finding one and it hasn't paid off. Buying people like Slimani and Musa just doesn't work. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Krama back seeing as he is killing it in Bundesliga

Wouldn't mind, prefer Callum Wilson though.

Certainly Puel will not bring in a Dzeko, Ulloa type player (by that I mean a big target man, wasn't comparing the abilities of the 2)

Edited by TonyN11
clarify

On 19/11/2018 at 21:40, Farrington fox said:

Get kramo back, we must have a buy back clause. 

Would love to have seen more of him in a Leicester Shirt. Don't see him wanting to come back though. Hoffenheim seem like a better prospect for his career at the moment and could see him getting a big move to a regular Champions League club in a couple more seasons. Doubt rudders would of bothered with a buy back clause! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, s11nny said:

Would love to have seen more of him in a Leicester Shirt. Don't see him wanting to come back though. Hoffenheim seem like a better prospect for his career at the moment and could see him getting a big move to a regular Champions League club in a couple more seasons. Doubt rudders would of bothered with a buy back clause! 

more to the point he's not displacing Vardy or Maddison so why would he come to sit on our bench again

On 16/11/2018 at 17:32, lcfc sheff said:

Quite simply, I think a target man is a must; its a waste letting Chilwell and Ricardo charge forwards at times as simply they have nothing to aim at. This could also be rectified by signing a CM who likes to get on the end of crosses.

You want to bring Slimani and Iborra into the team?!? 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, TonyN11 said:

Wouldn't mind, prefer Callum Wilson though.

Certainly Puel will not bring in a Dzeko, Ulloa type player (by that I mean a big target man, wasn't comparing the abilities of the 2)

Yeah we don't need another Slimani who wouldn't fit our playing style. Bournemouth wouldn't let Wilson go. Bit of scouting in France, we could uncover our next Kante or Mahrez, you never know?

12 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

Yeah we don't need another Slimani who wouldn't fit our playing style. Bournemouth wouldn't let Wilson go. Bit of scouting in France, we could uncover our next Kante or Mahrez, you never know?

I can't see any attacker from Ligue 1 who could be good and cheap enough for LCFC right now.
It would be a gamble with someone like Emiliano Sala, Lebo Mothiba or Julio Tavares.

But Puel was the one with whom Alassane Plea made his debut at Lyon and recruited him at Nice, so...
Also I think Sébastien Haller from Francfort would be a good fit.

13 hours ago, siraaj_lcfc said:

It's almost certainly the drink but I managed to read that in the style of Tina Turner: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dq4aOaDXIfY&t=2m29s

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Maddison has been Ok but nothing more. Jury is still out on Ricardo. Considering he was brought as a 20M+ RB, Puel has played him as much at RW as RB, so we don't even know his best position. 

This isn’t correct, he’s played 9 times at right back and 4 at right wing, personally think he’s doing well, shaky at the beginning of the season but has now settled relatively quickly

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Maddison has been Ok but nothing more. Jury is still out on Ricardo. Considering he was brought as a 20M+ RB, Puel has played him as much at RW as RB, so we don't even know his best position. 

Is it?! He's been excellent of late.

We need a striker. The problem is, whoever we sign will know that they will be 2nd choice behind Vardy. I'd like to see us sign a young, pacey player who can learn from JV. It would be nice to have a target man as a plan B, as well, but I doubt Puel will be looking for one.

I think a creative CM would do us the world of good. Someone better than Iborra or Silva.

If we can get those 2 signings right, I think it will make a huge difference to the team. Ndidi and Mendy are too similar and often struggle to control midfield, and we are toothless up front without JV.